Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Sinistkir13

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's not how it works. We've all seen those prison documentaries. We know who the booty bandit is.

Guards aren't [generally] the fags. They usually do all their raping in the women's prison.

But I guess this movie had to "subvert expectations".
It's not only about subverting expectations, either, it also fits their narrative that cops are bad, with prison guards being police-adjacent, and men getting sexually assaulted is okay.
Which shows how retarded they are. Having a down on his luck white male completely flip the corrupt society he lives in is a pretty easy to understand antiestablishment message. Him murdering De Niro on late-night TV was complete bliss.
Indeed.

While I didn't care for the first Joker movie, whatever, enough people liked it and empathized with the Joker, but we can't have that, although I don't know what the hell they expected - people to root for the failing system being depicted? Robert DeNiro? Their lacking of the most basic level of empathy to not understand their own monster is a testament to how Hollywood is becoming exponentially more detached and depraved, which is why everything these cretins touch is inevitably corrupted.
That's the thing though. Those were all accidents. Somehow these retards were so incompetent that they made a movie with a message they didn't even intend for it to make. I'm pretty sure they wanted to shit on white males.

The people making 99% of the entertainment have no idea what the pulse of society is and just live in their super homo Hollywood bubbles. Anything that comes out that's actually good is basically a mistake and they loathe you for enjoying it.
Especially when people take the "wrong" lesson or, just as bad if not worse, the "wrong people" resonate with their creation.

Now with Joker 2 falling flat with both audiences and critics, i.e. the ones who should be applauding their own mind virus, there's a real lesson that will never be gleaned by the people who share their beliefs:

They would rather torch their own productions than accept that they made something people they hate actually like, even if that means sacrificing their own supposed fans in the process. It's all or nothing with them because their ideologues masquerading as artists.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1728178669768732.gif

You can really see where the 200m went.

• 1WTF

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I think you guys are overanalysing this. The made a cheap Taxi Driver / King of Comedy re-make with the Joker-brand smeared over it to catfish the comic-book-movie crowd. It wasn't as good as the originals, but Phoenix put in an interesting performance. Sequel went GoT Season 8 of them trying to continue the thing without a great original to prop it up to medicrity.

Conservatives fetishising the supposed "anti-establshment"-message of the first is hilarious. The message of Joker 1 interpreting the Joker as a not plain villain is pretty much the same message of a 2000 Al-Qaeda recruitment video for suicide-plane pilots. "They pushed us over the edge, let's commit a public atrocity-spectacle!! that'll show em!!"

• 1Like