Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I developed a fondness for Avatar Press and all the edgey trash they would print.

I mean there's definitely other stuff I used to read, or have friends that would have something and I would pick it up just a read-through, but I was never a Marvel or DC guy. Was typically Dark horse, image, and I forget but some other oddball publishers.

I think I got a few of the Danzig comics floating around, or Veroticka.

I'm pretty sure I know where that damn box is with all of my comics, I just have to unearth it from the garage. Try to pull it out at some point now that the weather is getting nice and it's not blazingly hot, and take a bunch of photos to remember my father.....😉

And honestly plan on probably giving all of them to my nephew as he gets older. Just got to run it by his sister, but I'm sure he would probably love them.

After all that's what favorite uncles do. It's kind of like silver bullet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Sure spawn is probably trans now, predator fucks his fellow predators.
McFarlane has been highly protective of his stuff or, at least, is asking for more money than Hollywood is willing to pay to rape his IPs. I don't know if the one 90s movie made him that way, or if he had final veto over that as well. The only thing he has approved since then is the HBO anime/cartoon, which was decent (close to what I remember of the couple dozen comics I read).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Given Neil Gaiman is getting his career nuked for being a sex pest it does appear McFarlane came out ahead in their little disputes.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
McFarlane has been highly protective of his stuff or, at least, is asking for more money than Hollywood is willing to pay to rape his IPs. I don't know if the one 90s movie made him that way, or if he had final veto over that as well. The only thing he has approved since then is the HBO anime/cartoon, which was decent (close to what I remember of the couple dozen comics I read).
I remember when the animated series was airing on HBO. I used to set my VCR timer to record it at midnight on Saturdays when I was working or doing stuff with my friends. We watched all of it maybe a year or so again, it doesn't hold up, but I still have a soft spot for it.

I remember passing that tape around to other in school. Did the same thing with Mr show. God damn those were the days. You just had to make certain you got your video tape back.

Some Japanese ever make a Spawn show with Superior animation?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Should listen to the robservation covering that fued

Is that the video where two dudes read through the deposition with one reading Neil's part and the other doing the lawyer and it's clear within two minutes that Neil Gaiman is inserting one razor sharp dig after another in to the proceedings?

Because I watched a video of that and it was hilarious.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Only comics I cared about was Spawn and the aliens and Predator stuff, that in some oddball Kevin Eastman shit, or things in heavy metal.

Sure spawn is probably trans now, predator fucks his fellow predators.
someone posted that they resurrected punishers wife, she took away his superpowers (i guess he had some) by shooting him in irony, all his assets, she took half and donated the rest, got a divorce and put him in dr strange jail

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
someone posted that they resurrected punishers wife, she took away his superpowers (i guess he had some) by shooting him in irony, all his assets, she took half and donated the rest, got a divorce and put him in dr strange jail

That's mostly it, yeah. They raised Frank Castle's wife from the dead to call him a failure and divorce rape him. In main continuity. NOTHING YOU EVER DID MATTERED FRANK I'M TAKING ALL YOUR MONEY.

• 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Blackwing Lair Raider
They've been doing their best to shit on anything that even hints at heroism or masculinity.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I have no earthly idea what comic that might be related to or story arc.

You quoted me, and I'm assuming maybe it's about the punisher but I didn't say a goddamn thing about that comic. I like the aliens and predator.

images (27).jpeg

I've got that issue in the or following ones with that little series. But that zero issue is all black and white. That's fantastic and I think it was the first one of those types of comics that I ever bought and it just blew me away.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They've been doing their best to shit on anything that even hints at heroism or masculinity.

Which is foolish even given their goals as you're ceding that terrain. This is part of why you get someone like Andrew Tate showing up and getting to frame/represent masculinity.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Predator always had bad ass artwork.

View attachment 551622
Dude I have that series as well. All of my comics are in the appropriate sleeves with the White cardboard backing.

I think I loved the alien some Predator stuff because they were those little four episode issues and then suddenly everything changed, but you would get connections if certain writers or artists and whatever new four issues series was coming out.

Aliens: Genocide so probably one of my favorites, Aliens: Berserker. Music of the Spears it's pretty good too. Whatever they're just so many good aliens and part of her comics, and the artist typically always changed so sometimes they wouldn't be as good as others but there'd be those little four issue series that were just great.

I think that's why I enjoyed that stuff so much because I thought that I could collect them and enjoy the entire story purses something like Marvel where you have 100 goddamn issues of whatever and you're never going to get them all or be able to read them.

That, and I just loved the movies as a kid. I'm alone how many times watched aliens on the VHS tape I recorded it on, but I think I got to the point I'm starting to wear out and the color was on getting wonky. It was even a TV airing, Hudson having his moment, all the audio just cut down because of the profanity.

First time I saw a real version of the film, blew me away....

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Was the writer's name Goldstein by chance? Noseberg?
You probably know that Superman was the brainchild of two Jewish teenagers, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, who borrowed elements from Jewish tradition and culture to create their character. Most famously, his Kryptonian surname “El” means “god” in Hebrew and his origin story is basically that of Moses.

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You probably know that Superman was the brainchild of two Jewish teenagers, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, who borrowed elements from Jewish tradition and culture to create their character. Most famously, his Kryptonian surname “El” means “god” in Hebrew and his origin story is basically that of Moses.

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I'm man both DC and Marvel were Jewish?

That's not a surprise. The point being is I thought at least what I remember was Superman was truth justice and the American way.

Doesn't even say that in the original movie?

....somewhere along the way we know who's subverted the modern mythology.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I'm man both DC and Marvel were Jewish?

That's not a surprise. The point being is I thought at least what I remember was Superman was truth justice and the American way.

Doesn't even say that in the original movie?

....somewhere along the way we know who's subverted the modern mythology.
But the "American way" has been wholly jewish since before Supes was even a thing.

• 1Mother of God