Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Fadaar

That guy
This whole Madonna derail is kinda lulzy.

Lady Gaga is exactly like Madonna. She was huge, a global sensation, for about half a decade and then she fell off the map, popping up every few years with some new thing to attempt to remain relevant. She isn't and hasn't been since the 80s and the only reason you think she is is rose colored glasses from your formative years.

For Madonna it was half a decade in the mid 80s followed by the occasional attempt to drop a new record, convert to kaballah, or make out with Brittany Spears at MTV music awards. She had a few albums and a few hits in the 80s and then stopped being culturally relevant despite still being a household name.

Lady Gaga is the ought-tens version of her and now she's doing acting like AHS or the remake of a star is born, etc. Sure joker 2 isn't going to do anything but win her a few razzle but it doesn't matter. She'll continue dropping new albums trying to remain relevant. In 20 years kids who grew up in the 2010s will feel for Lady Gaga the same way you boomers do for Madonna.

The biggest thing Madonna had later was that song for Austin Powers

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider

Lady Gaga is exactly like Madonna. She was huge, a global sensation, for about half a decade and then she fell off the map, popping up every few years with some new thing to attempt to remain relevant. She isn't and hasn't been since the 80s and the only reason you think she is is rose colored glasses from your formative years.

For Madonna it was half a decade in the mid 80s followed by the occasional attempt to drop a new record, convert to kaballah, or make out with Brittany Spears at MTV music awards. She had a few albums and a few hits in the 80s and then stopped being culturally relevant despite still being a household name.

Lady Gaga is the ought-tens version of her and now she's doing acting like AHS or the remake of a star is born, etc. Sure joker 2 isn't going to do anything but win her a few razzle but it doesn't matter. She'll continue dropping new albums trying to remain relevant. In 20 years kids who grew up in the 2010s will feel for Lady Gaga the same way you boomers do for Madonna.

I mean they are both trying to channel Marilyn Monroe, which is what all whores aspire to. Marilyn was actually hot though with 10/10 face/ass/tits.

These two whores aren't even close.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

BAU BAU
<Gold Donor>
Madonna was chick music. Yes she was hot as fuck, but guys didn't dig her songs openly. I already told the story that I couldn't like her music cuz it was way overhyped and not made for me. Years later I can appreciate those songs as good music on its own merit without the hype. The chick musician posters I had were, Lita Ford, Samantha Fox, Susana Hoffs, a metal band called, Girlschool, I had a crush on Laura Branigan, so I had a poster of her, I might have had a Blondie poster or Joan Jett. I knew a kid who had a Wendy O Williams poster on his wall. Wendy was busted in her face, but she had a nice body.
I think it was this one.
View attachment 553643
If you're talking hard rock/heavy metal, Doro Pesch is the top of that time period.
740full-doro-pesch.jpg

d6372c4d5fc907770489e73dee2781dc.jpg

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The chick from the Bangles is still rocking it in her 60's. I don't care if this thread is railroaded to hell

nmz2rcow4gm71.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Never heard of her. For rockers it was Lita ford, wilson sisters. That's all I got. Maybe Joan Jett but she's kinda ugly.
Joan Jett was not hot in today's standards, but she was super hot as a rocker and she wore leather and probably drank beer from a broken glass while kicking a dude in the nuts. Just a sexy tough woman from the old school.

MV5BNDdlMTc1N2YtMmQxZS00ZjFhLWI0ZTItYWM4MjhhZGI0OThjXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you're talking hard rock/heavy metal, Doro Pesch is the top of that time period.
740full-doro-pesch.jpg

d6372c4d5fc907770489e73dee2781dc.jpg
She's a Euro girl. Not big here or even known much at all. Lita was the only hottie in metal we had and she knew it. Wendy wasn't in her league. Lita still rocks out to this day.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Okay flash in the pan. While I'm not a Madonna or Lady Gaga fan, their accomplishments in music dwarf anything from the bangles or spice girls or any of those Tits and Ass 'bands'.

I mean Madonna was neck and neck with Michael Jackson for a while.
The Bangles were big in the 80s, Susana Hoff's was no flash in the pan. Madonna and Gaga were bigger, but those are the extremes of music. They were the top. Bangles, Cindy Lauper, Roxette, Heart and The GoGos all had their place.

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
The Bangles were big in the 80s, Susana Hoff's was no flash in the pan. Madonna and Gaga were bigger, but those are the extremes of music. They were the top. Bangles, Cindy Lauper, Roxette, Heart and The GoGos all had their place.

Understood but GaGa is the main focus here. She's a Titan like Madonna who is using her music industry fame and money to buy her way into Hollywood.

Hell after Madonna was done getting hollowed out in basketball locker rooms she hooked up with a then relatively unknown film director to marry. Anything to get her meathooks in Hollywood.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Lady Gaga is half of a Madonna.

Madonna had a reinvention in the late 90s early 00s and was relevent again.

Lady Gaga hasn't had that second wind. I guess it was supposed to be the acting but it's fallen flat with this movie, it's not going to be the boomer music either since they are dying.

Okay flash in the pan. While I'm not a Madonna or Lady Gaga fan, their accomplishments in music dwarf anything from the bangles or spice girls or any of those Tits and Ass 'bands'.

I mean Madonna was neck and neck with Michael Jackson for a while.
Flash in the pan is better, all the manufactured 90s girl/boy groups had a short life before they imploded to drama.

Spice Girls had one hell of a cultural impact though. This may be location/age based, any millenial in the UK would laugh at you saying they are one hit wonders - they will only get bigger as millenials yearn for a return to 90s optimism - all my female friends/family love and listen to them in a way they didn't 10-15 years ago.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

BAU BAU
<Gold Donor>
She's a Euro girl. Not big here or even known much at all. Lita was the only hottie in metal we had and she knew it. Wendy wasn't in her league. Lita still rocks out to this day.
I'm not gonna say she was mega popular or anything, and maybe it was just California, but everyone I knew was aware of Doro and Warlock. Maybe they played here more.

She definitely wasn't as popular as Lita, of course, but doing a duo with Ozzy helps a tiny bit.

Also, Susanna Hoffs was hot as fuck (still is), and there is even a video talking about the exact moment every dude fell in love with her. The guy is a bit weird, but he sometimes has really good content.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just realized, that could be Chuk!!

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
I'm not gonna say she was mega popular or anything, and maybe it was just California, but everyone I knew was aware of Doro and Warlock. Maybe they played here more.

She definitely wasn't as popular as Lita, of course, but doing a duo with Ozzy helps a tiny bit.

Also, Susanna Hoffs was hot as fuck (still is), and there is even a video talking about the exact moment every dude fell in love with her. The guy is a bit weird, but he sometimes has really good content.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just realized, that could be Chuk!!

I kinda disagree a bit. I mean she looks amazing for 60 but there's tons of hotter 20 somethings back when she was famous.

She's a 12/10 now for her age, but just an 8/10 back then.