Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean it's really pathetic how far her career has declined when she thought the public would love this shitball and the fucking jazz album she put out as a companion piece. And this isn't the first time she dipped her toe into the old grandpa genre of music. She did some shitty album with Tony Bennet. Bitch is a boring kind of crazy. Imagine your superpower is making music for a generation that no longer exists?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean it's really pathetic how far her career has declined when she thought the public would love this shitball and the fucking jazz album she put out as a companion piece. And this isn't the first time she dipped her toe into the old grandpa genre of music. She did some shitty album with Tony Bennet. Bitch is a boring kind of crazy. Imagine your superpower is making music for a generation that no longer exists?
She thought she'd be the next madonna.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Phoenix came up with the idea for the musical himself on his own and gave it to Todd Phillips "because he had a dream" about a musical.

He's at least partly responsible for this pile of shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Madonna is like oprah, she only appeals to dumb wine moms.
In the 80s she was a dancer before her singing career took off, and had a dancer's body. Unless you are a raging homosexual you will understand that this means she had rather attractive assets.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
In the 80s she was a dancer before her singing career took off, and had a dancer's body. Unless you are a raging homosexual you will understand that this means she had rather attractive assets.

No. Men didn't lust over madonna. I don't know any heterosexual man who had a madonna poster on his wall. Heather Thomas, Heather Locklear, Farah Faucet, Bo Derek, yes.

Madonna fans were women, gay men, maybe black dudes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No. Men didn't lust over madonna. I don't know any heterosexual man who had a madonna poster on his wall. Heather Thomas, Heather Locklear, Farah Faucet, Bo Derek, yes.

While this is generally true, people did jerk it to her behind the scenes specials on the very early days of MTV.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i remember in the 90s there was the crazy raunchy film of the year starting w/ basic instinct then body of evidence and ending with color of night, yipee ki yay was too much for ppl

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
She had the reputation of a sex icon cause she was taboo and portrayed as such, but yeah I don’t know anyone who was a teen or older who really thought she was amazing. It’s was more that she was acting slutty and that got attention.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Madonna discovered and produced Deftones, she has my gratitude only for that.
Looked this up and it's kind of...eh...only partially true.

Apparently the company was owned by Madonna. They went to play at a studio and it was Madonna's manager who said yes. And then Madonna showed up.

So I mean, yeah, she was there and technically her company signed them, but it sounds like someone else actually said "we should sign these guys."

Now, granted, Moreno says Madonna signed them. But that's also a better story than "Madonna's manager told her to sign us."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looked this up and it's kind of...eh...only partially true.

Apparently the company was owned by Madonna. They went to play at a studio and it was Madonna's manager who said yes. And then Madonna showed up.

So I mean, yeah, she was there and technically her company signed them, but it sounds like someone else actually said "we should sign these guys."

Now, granted, Moreno says Madonna signed them. But that's also a better story than "Madonna's manager told her to sign us."
You are most likely right, but she still did though. They did meet her and play for her before she signed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Madonna was chick music. Yes she was hot as fuck, but guys didn't dig her songs openly. I already told the story that I couldn't like her music cuz it was way overhyped and not made for me. Years later I can appreciate those songs as good music on its own merit without the hype. The chick musician posters I had were, Lita Ford, Samantha Fox, Susana Hoffs, a metal band called, Girlschool, I had a crush on Laura Branigan, so I had a poster of her, I might have had a Blondie poster or Joan Jett. I knew a kid who had a Wendy O Williams poster on his wall. Wendy was busted in her face, but she had a nice body.
I think it was this one.
2a0014a9c51e2be98af17a5369e308fe.jpg