Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Citation required.
Here you go.

He didn't suffer life threatening injuries because he shot Martin before they could occur.

Had Zimmerman not had a gun, Martin would have continued beating his head into concrete until someone else stopped him, most likely the police. Zimmerman may very well have died. That's why the shooting was justified, that's why Zimmerman is a free man despite all odds, and its why you're wrong.
And here's me clearly explaining how those phrases are making baseless claims that are not supported by any evidence:
Saying "He didn't suffer life threatening injuries because he shot Martin before they could occur" is wrong, because for that to be true there would have to be a certainty that he would have suffered life-threatening injuries otherwise, which we can neither prove nor can we assume would have been the case (especially considering the evidence). Saying Martin would have "continued beating his head into concrete until someone else stopped him" is also an assumption based on nothing but your own supposition. Listen to Fanaskin and don't be a Nostradamus.
Citation provided.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Tanoomba can't even remember his own claim, so let me cite it for him

Actually, several people have stated, in clear terms, that Zimmerman would have died that night were it not for his gun. You made that claim too.
Now. Cite me where I ever said that, FOR CERTAIN, Zimmerman would have died that night were it not for the use of his gun.

You said I made the claim.

You've had 4 pages to provide it. The most you've come up with is a nonfactual claim that I made that point in this post you keep quoting, but that I "edited it" ex post facto to change it, which was proven untrue.

I'm waiting.

And let me just add that your entire case in this argument at this point boils down to me using "would have" instead of "could have".

One letter Tanoomba. One letter has sent you down a massive retard rabbit hole so vast you can't even begin to find your way out. That's how fucking stupid you are.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
small but huge difference in logic, hodj's use of the words

MAY, MOST LIKELY, VERY WELL MAY HAVE, nowhere is there a firm assertion THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED, if you had used those words the first time and didn't try to argue like a stubborn mule about it, I never would have objected.

he's arguing probabilities, possibilities not absolutes like what had originally rustled me deeply.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hodj, just because you're typically on the side that's correct doesn't mean you aren't probably the worst shitposter on the forums.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Obnoxious babble
"He didn't suffer life threatening injuries because he shot Martin before they could occur."

If you say X didn't happen because of Y, you are saying that Y prevented X. You are saying, in no uncertain terms, that had it not been for Y, X would have occurred.

This phrase says that if Zimmerman had not shot Martin, he would have suffered life-threatening injuries.
That is a baseless assumption with no evidence to support it. I don't know how I can make this any clearer, man.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It's hard for passionate fast typers not to turn into this

rrr_img_36181.jpg

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I personally am shocked this senseless shitposting convention involved Tanoomba

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If you say X didn't happen because of Y, you are saying that Y prevented X. You are saying, in no uncertain terms, that had it not been for Y, X would have occurred.
So your argument is to invent a leap to conclusions mat?

Sure is strawman argument round here.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tough to take Tuco serious with that avatar, I grew accustomed to fearing the fist of justice and not gay dude.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Tuco turned into a complete douche.
Oh please, there is no way you really believe you didn't deserve a timeout. Hell, you are lucky you haven't been RPPed for being 95% a RSS feed. You are the one poster on this forum that could be completely replaced by a bot that posted random Reuters links with a title.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I know exactly what would have happened. I wouldn't have wasted two weeks of my life on this nonstarter

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So your argument is to invent a leap to conclusions mat?
Sure is strawman argument round here.
I said my say and as far as I'm concerned I proved my point. My words speak for themselves.

Now drop it before you get me an infraction.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You don't have to respond to everything you see, literally that's your choice not anyone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.