Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
sorry Khalid, i didnt know people like getting trolled for 20 pages on adeadtopic.
Indeed.
smile.png

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Oh please, there is no way you really believe you didn't deserve a timeout. Hell, you are lucky you haven't been RPPed for being 95% a RSS feed. You are the one poster on this forum that could be completely replaced by a bot that posted random Reuters links with a title.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I'm just expressing what I've deduced about some of the people behind the scenes so far. Replace me whenever you want. I don't need an audience necessarily.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol. i guess i should have rephrased that. the trial is over, the topic of who did what is a moot point because the result is in. now if people want to discuss what happens AFTER that, im ok with, but people discussing the trial who have not bothered to follow the trial (or even this thread) should be booted the second they appear. also trying to Hodj them into submission for 20 pages i find that equally exhausting to read.

khalid

Unelected Mod
sorry Khalid, i didnt know people like getting trolled for 20 pages on a dead topic.
Maybe, but I have found it interesting that even with how televised this trial was, and how we had two huge threads on it, we still have uninformed people showing up and then say shit like "I didn't follow the facts of the case or watch the trial, but jesus, that Zimmerman guy should be in jail.". Then, when confronted with evidence, instead of re-evaluating their positions, every one of them instead get even more entrenched in their ignorance.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Lots of crazy conspiracy theories fuelling the right wing love of Zimmerman and the hate for the Holder DOJ.http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...es.php?ref=fpa
I like your slant of this article, that it is dealing with right-wing crazies or something. If you actually read the article, the very clear crazies are the New Black Panthers and the NAACP, who absent of any evidence of racial intent on Zimmerman's part, keep pushing the story.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
See were not the only ones.

http://criminaldefenseblog.blogspot....zimmerman.html

As for the case, I think it's terrible that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin. That's a tragedy. I don't think he had to shoot him, and had one or two things been different (he didn't get out of his car, didn't have a gun, on and on), we wouldn't be here. I keep hearing Trayvon Martin would have killed George Zimmerman, I don't think so, but I wasn't there.

You weren't there either. You don't know what happened, exactly. As much as you want to believe you were there and know what happened, exactly, you weren't, and you don't.

Not knowing exactly what happened requires a not guilty verdict, no matter how angry or outraged you are. The jury didn't free Zimmerman because they thought he was a good guy or because they weren't sad that a young boy was killed (jurors were rumored to be crying during the state's rebuttal), they found him not guilty because the facts and the law required them to do so.

The state had a crappy case, they knew they had a crappy case. This is why they assigned 3 career prosecutors with a combined stat of probably over 500 trials. Their first problem was no witnesses to the event. You would agree, wouldn't you, that witnesses help prove cases? Their second problem was a tape that no one could agree on. You know whose voice was on that tape? I don't. The state never laid out, point by point, what happened. If I'm being asked to convict someone of a crime, and I know the state has the burden of proof, the state is required to tell me what happened, not just ask questions and tell me "you decide" over and over again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe, but I have found it interesting that even with how televised this trial was, and how we had two huge threads on it, we still have uninformed people showing up and then say shit like "I didn't follow the facts of the case or watch the trial, but jesus, that Zimmerman guy should be in jail.". Then, when confronted with evidence, instead of re-evaluating their positions, every one of them instead get even more entrenched in their ignorance.
i dunno man. is there a point when you say, why do i keep reading page 160 to 180 over and over again?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Department of Justice has flat out said they're looking at their options regarding Zimmerman. Where's the conspiracy theory?

Of course its not going to go anywhere, the FBI thought about filing hate crimes charges against Zimmerman, did many interviews, and decided there was nothing to the assertion that the shooting was motivated by racial animus or hate.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
At least Tanoomba did change his original position.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
That would be more surprising if the people in question weren't immediately met with hostility and ridicule. That tends to put them on the defensive right off the bat, as they feel they have to justify their position however they can as opposed to ending the conversation after being called an idiot who doesn't know shit.

A lot of people only followed the case passingly or not at all. They have no reason to believe they were misled by the media about the case and likely wouldn't even suspect as much before coming here, especially since all the otherwise intelligent and kind-hearted people they know who are against racism tend to agree with them. So they come here and BAM, get blasted on all sides with the "Here's another idiot!" comments. Keep in mind it's not entirely reasonable to expect every new poster in this thread to read 180+ pages of posts before joining the conversation.

Don't get me wrong, these guys come in with an entirely incorrect mindset about the entire case. I just think there's a better way to deal with them than mocking and ridiculing them into submission. Some people love that approach because it makes them feel good about themselves, but it tends to create unnecessarily hostile arguments that drag out far longer than they need to.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Claiming George Zimmerman was a racist child hunting murderer = Not hostile
Telling people who think George Zimmerman was a racist child hunting murderer that they are crazy and wrong and need to look at the evidence and deal with the facts = hostile

Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.