Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
That's my general point. Morals aren't a religious creation only.
well fine but if we are going to take the mysticism out of religion I think ritual is important though, social rituals are shown to make people more likely to help and work with each other even if you dislike a person. there's other benefits too but rituals can have lasting effects on psyche. I think that was a key component in the whole affair.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I see six homeless people on my ten minute commute to work every day. I see two homeless people on my way back from work.

What the fuck are you talking about?
im talking about legit starving people not bums who beg for cash then spend it all on booze or drugs then waste away and die. There are plenty of food pantries, soup kitchens and other resources to feed the homeless.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I see six homeless people on my ten minute commute to work every day. I see two homeless people on my way back from work.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Are they starving though?

Or are they just crazy

Numbers_sl

shitlord
I think there is a distinction to be made when there is available "food" around, as opposed to meeting one's nutritional needs.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
most of the available food like fast food is garbage, all these drinks with 60 grams of sugar, garbage. you really have to cook for yourself.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And im not some elitist. I read Azeths post and I will concede there is some percentage of the pop who are underfed but I still have a hard time believing in this country that there are people who have no way to get fed. Keep in mind the most obese in this country are people who cant afford to eat healthy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
most of the available food like fast food is garbage, all these drinks with 60 grams of sugar, garbage. you really have to cook for yourself.
Yeah I just wonder if the figure cited is for under-nourished aka kids eating garbage food, kids who only get fed twice a day instead of 3 or kids who are literally starving.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I just wonder if the figure cited is for under-nourished aka kids eating garbage food, kids who only get fed twice a day instead of 3 or kids who are literally starving.
Honestly, most kids sit around playing video games now and aren't active, and two meals probably still gives them at least half again as many calories in a day as they actually need.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I quit my job to attend school full time. My (current)wife is pregnant and is on leave taking two online courses. I do all the shopping and cooking in the house and our (4) kids eat just fine. During my first marriage my wife and I both worked at McDonalds. Later she went on to to work as a CNA at a nursing home. Together we were lucky to clear $20k a year. All of our girls ate just fine. This statistic that MILLIONS of kids are STARVING is curious. Why are they starving? How? Foodstamps alone can reach $800 a month depending on income and number of children. I would have to question this number. It may be politically motivated because it's nearly impossible to starve in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.