Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bitching about the first episode after the break when Trump is by far the biggest news story is stupid. He had to cover it. If Trump is the topic next week, cool, bitch about it and never watch again. Until then shut the fuck up.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
This guy is by far the most irritating shill I have to deal with on the internet, youtube has been attacking me with his clips after every fucking video for months

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This guy is by far the most irritating shill I have to deal with on the internet, youtube has been attacking me with his clips after every fucking video for months

This was the first video in the last 4 months.

Sad how butthurt some of you guys get if anyone dares mock your lord and savior Trump.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was the first video in the last 4 months.

Sad how butthurt some of you guys get if anyone dares mock your lord and savior Trump.

These alt-right snowflakes want everything to be a safe space for Trump.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What part of "John Oliver is funnier when he isn't being a rank partisan hack" is hard to understand?

It was the same way with the Daily Show. It started out one way, then became less funny as it tried to be more influential then comedic.

I don't give a shit about an episode about Trump. I give a shit that every episode and every public appearance has been noticeably, if not outright, anti-Trump while mostly ignoring the huge problems on the left all while making the same Trump jokes. Trump jokes are only funny the first 10 times you hear them.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if some of you complaining here wouldn't enjoy it more if you just watched the long segment on youtube instead of the "funny" bits beforehand. His humor is not exactly subtle and his tendency to run any point into the ground can be annoying, but I don't think anyone else does anything quite like this. If the tables in Washington turned, you bet he would go for their throats too, but maybe, just maybe, there would be less to complain about if Trump didn't have daily quota of fuckups.

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
You people are the ones acting retarded. "butt hurt", "snowflakes"? Like coming to a forum I am on every day and providing my opinion(even if you think it is shit) is somehow me sitting in a chair crying and writing hate letters to the John Oliver show? For fucks sake, all we are saying is that this type of episode or crying is not funny and is not worth watching. It seems the majority on this board enjoyed his episodes where they did a sort of investigative journalism. The content was good, brought light to the *absurdity of the system* and cracked some good jokes.

If Trump does a particular thing that is absurd and he wants to cover it, fine. I didn't cry when he did his episode on Trump University. That was fine. Specific topic, present facts, make funny jokes, good show. That's not what this was. It was just him crying like everyone else and honestly I expected a bit more from him and the show because IT HAS DELIVERED IN THE PAST. I will watch the next episode, and probably the one after that. It's fucking 30 minutes, if it goes back to being good that's awesome, if not I'll stop watching it.

Fuck, I'm sorry I tried to participate in the discussion :)

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You people are the ones acting retarded. "butt hurt", "snowflakes"? Like coming to a forum I am on every day and providing my opinion(even if you think it is shit) is somehow me sitting in a chair crying and writing hate letters to the John Oliver show? For fucks sake, all we are saying is that this type of episode or crying is not funny and is not worth watching. It seems the majority on this board enjoyed his episodes where they did a sort of investigative journalism. The content was good, brought light to the *absurdity of the system* and cracked some good jokes.

If Trump does a particular thing that is absurd and he wants to cover it, fine. I didn't cry when he did his episode on Trump University. That was fine. Specific topic, present facts, make funny jokes, good show. That's not what this was. It was just him crying like everyone else and honestly I expected a bit more from him and the show because IT HAS DELIVERED IN THE PAST. I will watch the next episode, and probably the one after that. It's fucking 30 minutes, if it goes back to being good that's awesome, if not I'll stop watching it.

Fuck, I'm sorry I tried to participate in the discussion :)

So saying incorrect things and parroting cable news isnt absurd? Having fox news blaring so loud on AF1 that you can hear it during photo shoots?

You act like all he was saying was "Trump is mean blah blah"

Instead he did a real piece of how Trump is able to make a statement and then backs himself up with printed out news articles citing himself.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Seriously, you dont find Trump going on National TV and trying to defend himself with Breitbart print outs hilaruous?

If not, then yes, you are a pussy snowflake that gets easily offended.

• 3Like

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I find Trump ridiculous in most ways. I think he's a bad choice as our president, and disagree with much of his and the republican legislature's policy moves. Oliver is on a similar level because I expect more from him. Stewart had his pet issues like gun control, but he was usually even keeled. Burr and Rogan are willing to shit on either side, and Burr is hilarious. Oliver has the comic skill and mind to be great, but he wastes his talents as a partisan. See, he holds a mirror up to society, then holds his thumbs over the parts he doesn't want people to laugh about. That's just weak sauce.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
He can bash Trump and whatever stupid shit Trump does if he wants. I have no beef with that, but I don't need to hear him cry for an entire episode about half-truths and shit that doesn't even matter.

The whole point of the segment was that THIS DOES FUCKING MATTER. Lieing about the Homicide rate, unemployment and the GDP are not minor lies, those statistics determine day to day policy of the fucking country. Those in charge of the country need to govern based off FACTS (REAL FACTS) not bullshit they heard on twitter. What happens when he hears about how 100% of people who consume di-hydrogen monoxide die? Is he going to ban water. I don't expect the president to be an expert on all issues, I do expect him to surround himself with people who are experts. Instead we have an echo chamber of fucktards making up shit that is just blatantly- provably false, and not only calls it facts, but complains when the media proves that its false.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There's also the point where Trump is the president now, not just some laughing stock who nobody really thought would win just a few months ago.

Getting pissed at a comedy news for making fun of the POTUS when he says stupid things only makes sense if you're a butthurt fanboy

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
There's also the point where Trump is the president now, not just some laughing stock who nobody really thought would win just a few months ago.

Getting pissed at a comedy news for making fun of the POTUS when he says stupid things only makes sense if you're a butthurt fanboy

Just tweet this back at John Oliver every time he mentions Trump

• 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Wait, is there some meta-humor going on here that went over my head, or did John Oliver just unironically run a piece on interesting news stories not getting any coverage because the media is too busy bashing Trump ?

• 2Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You mean this week ? Sort of, watching from the outside of US, Trump's relationship with Putin was a major concern for good part of Europe. Weakening NATO, rise of the extremist parties who get money out of thin air, refugee crisis, etc. all directly or indirectly help or are helped by Russia. I wouldn't be surprised of they even had fingers in Brexit. What Oliver got very much right is that Putin looks very strong, but barks more than he bites. If the world stops buying gas and oil from them, they are in deep shit again.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
These alt-right snowflakes want everything to be a safe space for Trump.

When I see the Alt-Right state that Oliver's vitriol is inspiring violence against vulnerable people by attacking Trump, and that Olivers words are the same a violence? Then the term snow flake fits. Until then, you sound obtuse. Someone who has no idea how fucking bad shit has gotten and you're making ridiculous comparisons hoping to create an equivalency between one side that's just a little butt hurt about Oliver poking someone they like, and posting on a message board about it, and another side beating people in the streets and physically disrupting speech they don't like, as well as removing opposition from major platforms.

Oliver was inevitably going to spend a long segment on Trump--Oliver is still butt hurt his smug fart smelling lead to him getting shit in the mouth when Trump won and dropped a political deuce in there (Which trust me, for a guy as smart as Oliver? Probably the most embarrassing thing he'll ever face) So a little tit for tat is fine. Whenever I watch him impotently flail now I smile knowing how he acted before, and now Trump's in the big chair. If you're a Trump supporter you NEED people like Oliver out there being smug, holier than though douches attempting to single out the tress in the forest and feed their virtuous egos by finding any error while ignoring his broad point is valid. Because every time one of these douche bags condemns Trump for say, 'believing he can save jobs by fighting companies hurrr hurr hurr"--some poor working bastard is going to be sitting there thinking "Well...damn it's nice he at least wants tot try."

John's fine. I hope he can't help himself and makes every show his Trump crusade. I'll send him a letter thanking him for being such a huge fan of Trump in 2020. (But he won't, because while John is butthurt he obviously has ammunition, too--and I think he has the sense to keep it even keeled in terms of attacking, especially since he seems to KNOW he's partisan in the fact that he rarely took swipes at Obama even when he was swiping directly at Obama's policies. Also, lets face it, like all Presidents, eventually everyone will get sick of Trump's antics--even if we love him trolling these tards now, its inevitable things will swing back.)

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I see the Alt-Right state that Oliver's vitriol is inspiring violence against vulnerable people by attacking Trump, and that Olivers words are the same a violence? Then the term snow flake fits. Until then, you sound obtuse. Someone who has no idea how fucking bad shit has gotten and you're making ridiculous comparisons hoping to create an equivalency between one side that's just a little butt hurt about Oliver poking someone they like, and posting on a message board about it, and another side beating people in the streets and physically disrupting speech they don't like, as well as removing opposition from major platforms.

As opposed to people getting beaten at Trump campaign rallies or shooting up pizza parlors? Sounds like you got triggered by being called a safe space seeking snowflake. Grow some balls.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
As opposed to people getting beaten at Trump campaign rallies or shooting up pizza parlors? Sounds like you got triggered by being called a safe space seeking snowflake. Grow some balls.

There are two instances of people being "beaten" at Trump rallies. One was a "Liberal" wearing a KKK costume punched by a black man. The other was a guy who was pushing people around and insulting people and got popped; the man who punched him was arrested, and apologized to the man he hit, they actually hugged and became friends.

But lets look at those examples. You have people who went to Trump rallies to disrupt the political speech illegally of a political candidate at a private event. These people would often come in large numbers and then would one at a time stand, throw a tantrum, insult people around them and force themselves to be removed by security--only when done being removed would the next person stand up. On video, a PAC talking about how those protestors were paid agitators, meant to attempt to illicit violence from the supporters through insults and this kind of behavior--and in the end you have two examples of SINGLE incidents of violence.

You're comparing that with Liberals who hunted Trump supporters down at their own rallies, beat them in the street, burned down neighborhoods to protest a speech. So one side, when provoked at their own rallies very very rarely responds with a single punch. The "other side" GOES to the opposing rally and beats people with mob violence and weapons. And this is your comparison? But lets see your evidence. (Oh, and some dude discharged a firearm into the ground at a Pizza place and surrendered--was found to be mentally unstable. Yes, about .2% or so of any given population will be mentally unstable. But somehow I don't think you're going to come close to the number of examples I have of overt, horrific violence in order to prevent or silence speech)

Trump supporters attacked by groups of people, chased down in the street.

This place Trump supporters were cornered, some had to be pulled from groups beating them (Again this is at THEIR rally--they didn't go to a Clinton rally).

Man chased down and beaten unconscious by snowflakes.

Milo fans cornered and beaten by snowflakes (I guess those 5 foot tall women just deserved it.)

Man captured and tortured for 24 hours.

Man, I only linked like a quarter of the material I have--fuck me, I forgot how much I have. Now you go. Lets see yours and I'll put up more mob violence, and then after I'm done with the violence I'll put up stories of over threats with mobs that block people from speaking. I'm sure you have VOLUMES to support your claim, right? I mean surely you have video of these evil Alt-Right folks torturing someone, or chasing people down at their rallies and beating them, right? Because obviously it sounds like you believe these groups are the same. So you'll have this stuff.

Or....was that just a sad fucking attempt at a false equivalence by someone completely and utterly uninformed about how bad its actually gotten? Shit, I haven't even gone into the violence perpetuated by BLM or other Liberal groups---but lets just take over attacks on conservative speakers by neo-brown shirts first, I think we'll have a full plate with just that, we'll trade instances of violence because, again, I'm sure you have as many and we'll go onto to instances where conservative students have shut down school speakers and the like, okay?

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It only lets me do 5 pieces of media. :(

Chicago, Trump was driven from the Venue, his supporters were beaten by large crowds.

(I actually have a lot more of these, mobs of people attack Trump supporters...but lets go with after election violence.)

Man pulled from car and beaten.

Anyway, you want more, let me know buddy!

Last edited:
  • 3Like