League Of Legends

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
If the guy who hadn't called jungle first had said it, then I could understand everyone jumping on him for being a dick. Same logic as a 'mid or feed' type of comment, but he had called first and then replied to the 2nd guy with that comment, which came off as joking to me.
It's ranked, "first call" doesn't apply in ranked and any time you see the "Double Jungle then, I don't mind!" is a typical troll. Even in normal you are going against the "meta" and should AT LEAST state to the other people that you have done it before and know your way around the jungle.

The thing is...the guy DIDN'T go jungle and instead went ADC with his duo-queue buddy. His ONLY goal with the "Double jungle" comment was to rile up the team.

Also, we are talking Solo queue = )

Not freaking TSM LOL..

Golt_sl

shitlord
It's ranked, "first call" doesn't apply in ranked and any time you see the "Double Jungle then, I don't mind!" is a typical troll. Even in normal you are going against the "meta" and should AT LEAST state to the other people that you have done it before and know your way around the jungle.

The thing is...the guy DIDN'T go jungle and instead went ADC with his duo-queue buddy. His ONLY goal with the "Double jungle" comment was to rile up the team.

Also, we are talking Solo queue = )

Not freaking TSM LOL..
Guy was obviously joking, you getting that riled up over it is kinda hilarious. And TBH you look just as bad, throwing out "Ignacious: Hay guys I didn't get the lane I called I'm going to be a cunt in champ select so I can pretend like Iw as the better person and the othewr guy is jst a baddie" <--- that shit, gets people who were only "kidding" to actually start trolling, because you're acting like a dick. I've seen so many games where people just roll around with the jokes and things don't come of it, or where someone overreacts (ie. you) and then people troll for real, because you've now annoyed them.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Guy was obviously joking, you getting that riled up over it is kinda hilarious. And TBH you look just as bad, throwing out "Ignacious: Hay guys I didn't get the lane I called I'm going to be a cunt in champ select so I can pretend like Iw as the better person and the othewr guy is jst a baddie" <--- that shit, gets people who were only "kidding" to actually start trolling, because you're acting like a dick. I've seen so many games where people just roll around with the jokes and things don't come of it, or where someone overreacts (ie. you) and then people troll for real, because you've now annoyed them.
You must not have played many games in solo queue bronze or silver 5s. 99% of the time the shitheads who say stuff like that are NOT "obviously joking" and they actually do it and fuck your game over.

Then be the bigger person/people and give up the role. More likely to lose if you fight with the troll then you are if you just fill and go about your merry way. So its up to whats more important to you, winning or out e-thugging the toxic player.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I added you on my smurf, buffy. @the solo queue rage: yeah, people like that are more prevalent in the lower tiers but guardian's comment did nothing but make it worse. /shrug Guardian was probably frustrated at his last game so he came into this one in a bad mood and was immediately greeted by another shithead(because that is what those two are). It happens, but if you really want to avoid as much of it as possible you can never let your anger get the better of you and contribute to the shit storm yourself. Solo q is a strange beast.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
---

You must not have played many games in solo queue bronze or silver 5s. 99% of the time the shitheads who say stuff like that are NOT "obviously joking" and they actually do it and fuck your game over.
This..

Unfortunately people rarely joke about this shit in the games I'm in.

Usually they "joke" and instalock a duo jungle forcing you to either dodge or hope someone else does. Either way it is a toxic as fuck move.

As far as riled up, I guess I really can't explain it, I don't give a fuck what is said in champ select as long as you do your job in-game. My only contradiction to this statement is that my team usually gets more riled up and thus plays worse.

My main issues are with people who do poorly and blame others when in-game.

Call people racist slurs all game long? Don't care..
String together the most racist or obscene string of words ever thought of? Don't care..

Feed all game and then blame the support / Jungle / mid / top / ADC? Establish if there is basis for fault, if No, fuck off...get better. If yes, bring issue to the person causing the issue.

As for
"Ignacious: Hay guys I didn't get the lane I called I'm going to be a cunt in champ select so I can pretend like Iw as the better person and the othewr guy is jst a baddie"
I have tried everything:

If you say nothing the people do it anyhow because they want someone to dodge in order to get them a painless new queue.
If you ask them, "hey do you want my spot?" -- See previous line
If you comment on them being assholes but kindly, "Hey man, we have 3 other people that want a nice game, care to work with whats available?" -- Works SOMETIMES...but see line 1..

Could I have responded better in this once instance? Sure...after a while it wears on you. I mean I really can't convey the shit that I have dealt with while having a smile on in this game alone.

Any further and I'll just start bitching to bitch and I don't want to come off any further as "that guy" as much as I already am.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Then be the bigger person/people and give up the role. More likely to lose if you fight with the troll then you are if you just fill and go about your merry way. So its up to whats more important to you, winning or out e-thugging the toxic player.
Exactly. I didn't even mention that Guardian then threatened to AFK when the conversation continued, only adding to the drama and making things worse.

And you're right, I haven't spent a lot of time in bronze/silver.. i carried my accounts out of it quickly - but i've run into that type of conversation in those brackets and it was resolved with either people joking around or compromise. Not saying this is always going to happen, BUT being toxic right back? Makes things worse, you should know this by now. You don't respond to the trolls if they're just looking for a reaction, focus on your own game and fill as necessary if you're one of the last pick. Make the best of the situation, /shrug. Despite not playing a *ton* of lower ranked games (i've maybe played about 20-25ish total in that range), blind pick can often play out the same way, even worse sometimes. Fast PC's load /pick first, and often no one wants to support. You make the best of the situation, not throw out toxic shit that will make people annoyed with you - often wanting to throw and play worse just to ruin your day.

Edit:
As far as riled up, I guess I really can't explain it, I don't give a fuck what is said in champ select as long as you do your job in-game. My only contradiction to this statement is that my team usually gets more riled up and thus plays worse.
See, but in your example you actually sound pretty riled up, maybe you're not - but threatening to afk and calling them cunts sure sounds like it to me. And then by doing so, you in turn "rile up" your teammates more responding in kind. I wish i could play more games in that bracket to show you that otherways you think don't work can/will, and you're better off not trading shittalk/threats.. but my mmr always rises too quickly on new accounts.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
See, but in your example you actually sound pretty riled up, maybe you're not - but threatening to afk and calling them cunts sure sounds like it to me. And then by doing so, you in turn "rile up" your teammates more responding in kind. I wish i could play more games in that bracket to show you that otherways you think don't work can/will, and you're better off not trading shittalk/threats.. but my mmr always rises too quickly on new accounts.
I gotta wonder, where did you place on your placement games?

During my placement, I had 5-6ish good games that we won 1 bad game on my part and 3 afk / trolls.

Golt_sl

shitlord
I gotta wonder, where did you place on your placement games?

During my placement, I had 5-6ish good games that we won 1 bad game on my part and 3 afk / trolls.
Well, most recently on a smurf i went 9-1 and landed Gold 4, so that account isn't really a good example because near the end I was queueing with gold 1/2 and plat 5's. The 20-25ish games was on a low silver account (it had decayed a lot). There was a lot of nonsense in those matches, but i was able to quickly move along due in no small part to staying positive and keeping team spirits up, encouraged people to keep playing and then backed it up with making good plays. I already know it's not entirely a fair comparison because being that I was way above that skill bracket i could "carry" a bad beginning for my team and with that kind of confidence could back up telling my team to stay in it. But i've also seen some of that toxicity spiral out of control and totally undermine a team.

Great example: enemy team invades our jungle, blitz hooks j4 and team kills him. Leona tries to sneak around to ward our red but enemy team is still there, hook her and she dies as well. 0-2, then within a minute our twitch ADC gets hooked on bot by blitz and dies. Says something along the lines of "please report this leona, gg" etc. Twitch returns to lane, gets hooked again and dies, team is now 0-4. At this point the despair is almost tangible because a lot of people assume that a deficit like that is somehow insurmountable. Anyway.. i keep positive, tell the team to calm down etc, reassure twitch he outscales graves late game, do his best to farm, play safe etc etc. And after a bit of stalling and splitpushing we win the game, i ended up going like 14-1-6 and the twitch was thanking me in team chat for my positive attitude. I can sympathize with you for getting shitty trolls, but responding in kind with a toxic attitude only proliferates that type of behavior.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It's no use.. people will only believe their own experiences, never realizing the subtle effects having an attitude that you expect shitty behavior will result in MORE shitty behavior then normal from other players. I mean, Wizardhawk was bitching about the exact same thing weeks ago, saying if he had hundreds of games to play, he could only crawl himself up a division or so. That the toxicity of the other players always kept him from advancing. Then, people give him advice, that he starts following/implementing, and suddenly all the teammates he's getting are better and he is consistently winning games miraculously.

The cause and effect is hard to see, but it's because he is playing better that he is getting better teammates. People act and play differently if their morale is high or not. They make a troll/asshole comment and you joke around with them, half of the time everyone just laughs. Maybe their comment was misunderstood and they only meant it to be funny. If you make an asshole comment back, then they are pissed off because they think YOU are the troll/asshole. There's a bunch of variations on this, but it basically boils down to.. Be the change you want to see in League. :p

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This game is more about feelings that an actual gameplay. So when is riot going to release a bluetooth mood ring that tells all your teammates how you're feeling?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm guilty of talking more shit than I should and I fully understand there are consequences to it. I like to think of League of Legends as my own little private No Exit. I'm much more bothered by all the players who think they are willing to do whatever it takes to win a game but actively sabotage any chance at victory when they are behind and then justify it as it not mattered because the game was already lost. Getting fucked in a lane sucks. It really sucks. The game is still winnable even if you eat shit for 40 consecutive minutes. What makes it unwinnable is when you mentally quit out, refuse to adapt to the situation in lane, refuse to do anything team oriented, and generally flush the whole thing down the toilet. There's just something about the self-fulfilling "IT WOULDN'T HAVE MATTERED" that rustles up my jimmies to no end.

Khane

The problem with all these MOBA games that causes such shit attitudes and trolling is the games take way too goddamn long. Oh good, we have a bad team setup and now I get to sit in an uphill battle for 50 minutes. Great our bot lane and jungle just fed their ADC 5 straight kills in 8 minutes, but keep a positive attitude because in 45 minutes you MIGHT win!

If the games only lasted 20 minutes tops people would be far less toxic and prone to mentally check out before the game is over. Lower turret and inhibitor health, lower minion health, increase minion movement speed (and champion move speed as well) and keep everything else the same.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's the wrong mindset entirely. It's not about keeping a positive attitude because maybe you'll win. It's about not letting yourself get all pissy about a video game not going the way you wanted.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm completely fine with giving them some money here and there even if I'm grumpy about some of the things they do and some of their players. At the end of the day it's a pretty good game that I spend a great deal of time playing.

Khane

That's the wrong mindset entirely. It's not about keeping a positive attitude because maybe you'll win. It's about not letting yourself get all pissy about a video game not going the way you wanted.
I didn't get pissy about the video game not going the way I wanted. I got pissy that I was going to have to sit and wait in a game filled with trolls for another hour. I wouldn't get nearly as pissy if it was only going to last 15 minutes. When I know it's going to be a while I start thinking about all the other things I could be doing. Whereas if the games went quicker I'd be ready to stick it out because I was going to get a new game shortly.

It's almost like sitting in a waiting room at a doctor's office and being told it will be 45 minutes before they can see you. If it's not an emergency you're probably going to leave.

Xalara

Golden Squire
In other news, my team advanced to the playoffs in the Riot sponsored work tournament. Pulled off a pretty good midlane as Kayle vs their Twisted Fate. Though the real stars on our team was our bottom lane that managed to fend of a few four man ganks.

The bad news is we are the lowest seed, but I think we have a decent chance since the team we are playing in the first round we almost beat in the regular season except they turned it around on a disastrous baron play on our part. We won't be making that mistake again
tongue.png
Plus at least they aren't the team with the guy who is in Challenger (Diamond I at 95 LP), that match was just rough.