Losing your Job

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I start new job tomm. Super nervous. Im qualified and should be fine but now its real and I have to perform.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Had until Monday to turn in a layout exercise and a HackerRank code quiz. Did them both yesterday. Got email today for an in-person interview on Monday instead with dev lead and CTO. Fingers crossed.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Are those types of things not to see how you react more than what you remember?

I'd ask people strange shit during interviews, shit no reasonable person expects another person to know. Just to see how they would react. I didnt give a fuck about the answer being correct.

But I am not in the tech industry so /shrug.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Adebisi just reading this thread. Get back to me asap: I work in research but also do a lot of technical assistance for training and knowledge translation, so your old job sounds very similar to some of what I do. I can help you put material together and see you through this trying time. blowjobs may or may not be required

• 2Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Are those types of things not to see how you react more than what you remember?

I'd ask people strange shit during interviews, shit no reasonable person expects another person to know. Just to see how they would react. I didnt give a fuck about the answer being correct.

But I am not in the tech industry so /shrug.
No this is a new trend in IT job hiring where there are a bunch of sites where you log in and they have problems you need to fix in a certain amount of time. Or code needs to be written to accomplish a certain task within in a time limit.

I think some places have custom problems made that would match their own IT environment.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's stupid

Ask me stuff relative to the job, not binary sort a tree

Had a guy get all cranky because he had a problem he wanted me to solve and I misplaced a pointer. I dunno man, maybe it's because you made me write a function by hand on a white board at 8am

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Coding tests can be some bullshit for sure. It's either "can you comp sci 101," or "would you approach this problem the same way I would? (subtext: fuck you if you don't)."

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Coding tests can be some bullshit for sure. It's either "can you comp sci 101," or "would you approach this problem the same way I would? (subtext: fuck you if you don't)."
See, the last part is what I found interesting when I interviewed. I wouldn't care how they approached it, I want to understand the logic why they approached it that way.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Here's my new unemployed groove:

7am - Wake up around
730am - Get kids fed, dressed, teeth brushed, lunches made, and out the door for school
830am - Drop wife off at work
9am - Gym
11am - Check new job listings and apply as needed
12pm - Work on portfolio
1pm - Clean the house/home projects
3pm - A little bit of Codecademy
4pm - Pick up kids
5pm - Pick up wife

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had 2 weeks off after telling my old boss to eat poo, kind of felt good to be back. That facility is fucking liiiiit. I cant wait till im done training n im working ALONE again. Thank the fucking gods for that.

Nothing like surfing the internet and getting paid for it.

• 2Solidarity

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had 2 weeks off after telling my old boss to eat poo, kind of felt good to be back. That facility is fucking liiiiit. I cant wait till im done training n im working ALONE again. Thank the fucking gods for that.

Nothing like surfing the internet and getting paid for it.
Don't go fucking up the new gig early and get caught not paying attention :p

• 1Solidarity