Marriage and the Power of Divorce

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It really sounds like it was the right call.

That's a horrible place to be, where it's just no one's fault. Honestly -- I'd rather be betrayed. It's easier to integrate.

"Oh well, I'm a chump and she's a whore" vs. "God dammit, so close".

It was tough. She wanted to work through things, but we've tried that before and while things would be good for a month or two (increased affection and sex) they would inevitably return to normal. Plus the topic of kids came up again, and she reiterated that she doesn't want kids ever. If it weren't for that, I probably would have compromised on the other stuff.

Not sure what to do now, but thanks for all the advice. Given the disagreement about kids, I do think it was the right decision overall, despite being insanely hard. I want to have a son (or daughter) to watch football with on Sundays and play Mario Kart with as he/she gets older. No way I'd ever have that with her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
It was tough. She wanted to work through things, but we've tried that before and while things would be good for a month or two (increased affection and sex) they would inevitably return to normal. Plus the topic of kids came up again, and she reiterated that she doesn't want kids ever. If it weren't for that, I probably would have compromised on the other stuff.

Not sure what to do now, but thanks for all the advice. Given the disagreement about kids, I do think it was the right decision overall, despite being insanely hard. I want to have a son (or daughter) to watch football with on Sundays and play Mario Kart with as he/she gets older. No way I'd ever have that with her.

You know what you gotta do, if you're making the right decision for you and your happiness. Stay with a woman who is merely content in your presence, doesn't fulfill your needs, and abandon a huge slice of life that you legitimately want to experience? Fuck that. There's too many billions of people on this planet for you to think its too late to find someone who can make you happy/happier.

Kids are one of those..life things. You don't have them when you want to and you're going to regret it in ways you probably can't even appreciate right now. Compromise on something as basic as your sexual needs and your family hopes isn't compromise, it's settling.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

beat off every time you think of her

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Temporary sexual issues are something to push through.

Mrs Gs scenario of having time enough invested and a deep enough love for someone who got sick and simply couldnt provide sex anymore is a unique scenario and one to tough out .

Young and premarital with a fundamental difference in sexual interest? On top of the other stuff? Thst bitch can pack her shit. Its incompatability.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ended it. Feel like shit, but oddly relieved at the same time. At the bar now with my good friend Jack

And a big ass hamburger

Wow you did what was suggested? This has to be a first when breakup was the suggestion

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Ended it. Feel like shit, but oddly relieved at the same time. At the bar now with my good friend Jack

And a big ass hamburger

You dodged a bullet. Most relationships are binary. You just need to ask yourself if the answer is yes...If it isn't yes, then it is No. Additionally, she was 27...All men and women are fucking morons in their 20s. I know I was...

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Appearently I woke up a peed in the middle of the night and left the toilet seat up and now the world is ending

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

And a big ass hamburger

Stay strong knowing you did the right thing, if you ever in Houston let me know, beer and rebound pussy is on me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I would laugh at my girlfriend/wife if they wanted to argue about the toilet seat being up. Do women not look at the toilet before sitting on it? I have never understood this. I have to keep opening and closing it because you can't look before you sit down? GTFO.

• 2Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Appearently I woke up a peed in the middle of the night and left the toilet seat up and now the world is ending

I would laugh at my girlfriend/wife if they wanted to argue about the toilet seat being up. Do women not look at the toilet before sitting on it? I have never understood this. I have to keep opening and closing it because you can't look before you sit down? GTFO.

Buts so popular to bitch about!

Any man who loses the toilet seat argument loses the war.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Women love surprises.

iannis

Musty Nester
my toilet seat argument has always been to just pee on it.

That changes the argument entirely, and I don't have to hear about putting it down!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Yeah, my wife's actually made that argument. She says she doesnt turn on the light when she goes to the bathroom at night so it doesnt wake her up. I thought that was hysterical, and suggested she needed to stop fucking doing that. We've left this one at the "agree to disagree" level.

• 1Solidarity