Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The shut down method has worked fine for me so far. She classifies it as a cold shoulder but i really just think nothing positive can come from talking in certain states/moods so.. don't!

Has kept us happily married for 15 months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The shut down method has worked fine for me so far. She classifies it as a cold shoulder but i really just think nothing positive can come from talking in certain states/moods so.. don't!

Has kept us happily married for 15 months.
Cold shoulder, pouting, I suppose either of them work just as well. The point is that it doesn't solve the issue, and just makes it worse. In the case of my wife and I, she knows damn well I'm pissed off about something if I go to sleep early without saying anything. But more often than not she has not a clue what I'm mad about. So you think you're avoiding some worse argument by just giving the cold shoulder, but I think it's just an asshole thing to do to leave your woman in the dark all night, essentially ruining her night now in the process.

When on the flip side you could man up, have your fight, and then go about your evening like normal human beings and in some cases maybe even get some makeup sex in for dessert!

I didn't always think like this, or act like it, but after 7 years married, this is what has worked so much better for the wife and I that I started handling it this way instead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Communication, communication, communication. Don't let shit fester, and don't go to bed pissed like that. Every time you act like that, you're just putting one more brick between you, EVEN IF you do end up talking about things the next day. Maybe it works fine now, but in a few years you'll both wonder why you are wasting your time with someone you can't talk to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Does beating off in the bushes on the side of her house fall into irrational actions?

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Bro I have felt that way for a few years since my last ex

To finally have feels again must mean something

It's maddening but it will be more maddening if I don't at least get shot down