Marriage and the Power of Divorce

iannis

Musty Nester
It takes a lot of sacrifice to make a marriage work, a lot of compromise with the other person (and them for you.) I really think if you live alone too long you will get too set in not making those compromises, and any compromise will seem like too much, and you'll self-sabotage any relationship on that basis. I got married at ~25 and wouldn't have it any other way; if I had waited until 35 I would not have put up with her bullshit. I think back and think I was young and dumb and would not enter a relationship at my age now.

Yeah, I'm not claiming to be a standard to aspire to. lol. There are prices to be paid for the decisions that we make. And I did make the decision to be selfish.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm not claiming to be a standard to aspire to. lol. There are prices to be paid for the decisions that we make. And I did make the decision to be selfish.

Nothing wrong with that really, it's just your decision. There are pros and cons to that decision. Believe me there are times I wish six fucking people didn't live in my house. There's upsides to doing it your way.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
This talk has me realizing I have literally never lived alone. I moved out of my parents house, lived with roomated, and from there my wife and I lived together.

Thats either a good or bad thing..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I lived on my own for 10 years before my girlfriend moved in; her son as well, though he's with his dad half the time. I was scared shitless, but now 2 years later, I don't mind at all. We have a baby on the way in 5 weeks as well. I should probably propose. What's the time limit to get married after a baby is born in order to save the baby's soul?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I lived on my own for 10 years before my girlfriend moved in; her son as well, though he's with his dad half the time. I was scared shitless, but now 2 years later, I don't mind at all. We have a baby on the way in 5 weeks as well. I should probably propose. What's the time limit to get married after a baby is born in order to save the baby's soul?

Just wait until she's asleep and have a priest come in and say some words.

• 2Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Having a priest over while someone is asleep? Fool me once...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Just keep changing religions and they'll never catch up to you.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is Banana Man finally providing some worthwhile content? I have seen his named mentioned a handful of times over the last few pages. He is the first person I ever put on ignore because of his screenshots behavior. I have nothing personal against the man, I just got tired of the Banana pictures.

• 2Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
C'mon, man. You can't just scroll past 12,000 banana pics?!

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Getting back to the first date dinner thing, for some chicks letting you see her eat is a big deal. They are afraid they'll look like a pig in front of you. I'm not sure if it means she's a self conscious cow, or if she just wants to look sexy for you throughout the entire date. Don't be surprised if the first time you go to dinner she eats beforehand and just nibbles at a salad or something. That's why you always take her to an expensive place the first time and hope she doesn't order 5 lobsters to take home in a doggie bag.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Often first dates are nervous. Nervous stomach and eating are a dangerous combo. Chicks like to save explosive diarrhea for the 2nd date.

• 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see anything wrong with having a dinner. 3/4 of my work socializing is done at lunches. You sit and eat, you chat, silences are taken up by chomping.

I don't see the point in saying "oh lets go to the park and walk dogs" or something hippy-assed. Just go spend time together and see if you enjoy it.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
First dates I always suggest meeting at a bar. I show up hungry and if things go well I suggest getting dinner. I choose my establishments strategically so that the restaurant I have in mind is within a short walking distance. If things go poorly I can always abort after a drink or two and, well, I still go out to eat at the restaurant I had in mind because I choose dope places and I still want to eat there.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I don't mind eating on a first date, but I find something more bar-like than restaurant-like to be more fun for a first date.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ya, went to bar and blacked out on first date with wife.

Don't mess with success

• 1Solidarity