Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well she did fool around with som e
So, couple of thoughts.

Whats your custody order say? With your son being 14, I think in most states* he can choose who he lives with effectively because the judge will listen to his thoughts as he's old enough.
* Your state may vary

Would you want to split the brother up from the sister? Or would you take both? Would the sister feel left behind without her brother? Would the 2 half-siblings (admittedly not your problem, but looking at it from your kids point of view) be missed by your kids if you split them up?

Are you ready to take care of 2 kids that age full time? Got rooms for them to sleep in? School district? Child care for when you can't be there? Etc?

If you can't or won't take them full time (and/or the mom goes to war about it) you might instruct the kid in civil disobedience regarding the chores. This could backfire heavily but it's just an idea.

It's pretty generic really. The laws here in Minnesota are much like what you said though, at his age he can choose to live where he wants, or at least, our worker will weigh his opinion heavily and baring an unsafe living condition usually sides with the child.

As for splitting them, that's up to him. I made him aware thats also a thing that would happen and he thinks he's okay with it. He also thinks when eh reaches age she will make the move as well. His half siblines drive him crazy as his step dad plays heavy favorites and I think hes grown to resent them at this stage.

I have the ability to take them and the rooms to do so. In terms of child care, he's 14 and can watch himself in times that's needed which wouldn't be often.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure what you're shooting at here.

He's just trying to be edgy and insult me for asking you questions. Safe to ignore all his posts in this forum, he's a useless twat.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think he was sarcastically responding to Cad's questions about being ready to move them in. I think.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I like 4 hours south in a much better rated district.

So, again I'd check what your custody order says because a lot of times you can't move them out of a certain locale even if you get custody. If you're 4 hours away you might be well out of that locale.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, again I'd check what your custody order says because a lot of times you can't move them out of a certain locale even if you get custody. If you're 4 hours away you might be well out of that locale.

I have, and theres no wording of that within it. It was one of the reasons I knew I was okay to move after the divorce should any of this come up. I checked with a lawyer on it as well.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I have, and theres no wording of that within it. It was one of the reasons I knew I was okay to move after the divorce should any of this come up. I checked with a lawyer on it as well.

Good deal then. If you think the environment is harmful I'd probably push to take both of your kids. The responsibility thats on your son right now will just get pushed on your daughter if he leaves.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've been of the same thought and opinion as well and she's really beginning to struggle in school and rebel at home with her mother as well. I'll definitely bring it up should my son follow through and really want to do this.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I thought Khane's sarcastic comments were funny. A lot of those questions were pretty foolish, Cad. "Yo have you dad'ed before? They places to sleep, man!"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I thought Khane's sarcastic comments were funny. A lot of those questions were pretty foolish, Cad. "Yo have you dad'ed before? They places to sleep, man!"

Everything is big in Texas. Except sarcasm.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

You would be surprised the things people overlook when making emotional decisions, but hey. It's not like I help people deal with problems for a living or anything.

Khane

You would be surprised the things people overlook when making emotional decisions, but hey. It's not like I help people deal with problems for a living or anything.

Is that what you practice? Family "law"?

Yea dude you're the hero we need.

Khane

I was just hoping Cad practices Family Law. I don't think he does, but can't a man dream?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
So Cad requires a career in family law to offer advice about parenting and custody?
Would you also claim that someone would have to have real life experience with marriage and/or divorce to post over 2000 times in a thread about it?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

So Cad requires a career in family law to offer advice about parenting and custody?
Would you also claim that someone would have to have real life experience with marriage and/or divorce to post over 2000 times in a thread about it?

Haha what?

No bud. I was hoping he practiced Family Law because that would make me happy. I don't think you understood what I was saying about Family "Law".

I'm not the one here who acts sanctimonious about needing to have X amount of Experience with Y to know anything about it. That's you.