Marriage and the Power of Divorce

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's really hard because it's just a question of interpretation as to whether you're "walking on eggshells" or she's rightfully calling you out on your shit. Depending on how you characterize the interactions, it could be the other person pushing back against your faggotry, or the other person being a completely insufferable miserable cunt.

So it's hard to tell a person when you're hearing one side of it "yea thats fucking bullshit, don't take that off of them" because of course they're going to tell you the story in a way that makes their actions seem justified; they obviously believe they are justified or they would have changed behavior by now.
Ne careful, hate to see you clotheslined.

I usually "walk on eggshells" as a result of my own actions, say if a game releases and I want to play it and know my wife is on her period and she is gping to get pissed of because I'm not helping her fold laundry.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My ex wife would go to bed and be angry if I got on the computer after she went to sleep because "didn't I have anything better to do?". She would tell me I should watch TV instead....for whatever reason, but would then get angry as she would come out randomly to check the volume on the television and if it was any louder than the number 3 on the control (basically JUST being able to hear it) she would snap off on how I was being inconsiderate with the TV volume and didn't give a shit about anyone else and maybe I would be better off wasting my life on the computer where at least there was some headphones.

She would then stop off and go to her room where she would then complain that the birds outside were too loud and I needed to call the office the next day to complain, all the while calling me every name in the book. She would ten go silent for 20 minutes and then ask me to bring her a glass of water and to cook her dinner.

There's no real interpretation needed here. She was and still is crazy. She has the diagnosis to prove it even. Egg shells were walked on for years to try to keep her stable while I was doing everything I can to get her to seek help and feared losing my son in a divorce.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I do not understand why yall emphasizing with people who would consider becoming a home wrecker. What the duck.

the cheater is the homewrecker, not the cheatee.

This coming from soneone who's first marriage was ruined by that. My trust and bond is with my wife, not the dude. If she breaks that, why be mad at anyone else?

Mind you, not condoning it if Mrs. Gravy goes down that road, but there's not much outrage that should be directed at her really.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

This coming from soneone who's first marriage was ruined by that. My trust and bond is with my wife, not the dude. If she breaks that, why be mad at anyone else?

Mind you, not condoning it if Mrs. Gravy goes down that road, but there's not much outrage that should be directed at her really.

Logically this is the correct response but it's difficult to contain the rage at that third party, also.

Rationally they had no agreement with you, but if they knew you were married to said person and didn't care; that at the very least entitles them to get their ass beat. They aren't an "innocent party" to that.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
It's really hard because it's just a question of interpretation as to whether you're "walking on eggshells" or she's rightfully calling you out on your shit. Depending on how you characterize the interactions, it could be the other person pushing back against your faggotry, or the other person being a completely insufferable miserable cunt.

So it's hard to tell a person when you're hearing one side of it "yea thats fucking bullshit, don't take that off of them" because of course they're going to tell you the story in a way that makes their actions seem justified; they obviously believe they are justified or they would have changed behavior by now.

This is a really good point. I'm no angel, I do stupid shit that needs to be called down. Honestly I don't have a good way to describe the difference. Despite the fact that I was probably in the ideal spot to see the difference. My ex basically would go three months with out her period then a full month on it. During 'normal' time if she called me on something it was 95% of the time for a good reason and I needed to do better. During 'the-dark-time' it was the exact opposite.

Thinking about it there is a marked difference when someone is calling you on something from a I want us to have a relationship we are both satisfied with position than when they are calling you from the I'm full-bitch-mode-screechy-time. I can really recall a palpable different sense of attitude between the two.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I should note I'm clearly not angel either. The girl I'm seeing now will call me on stuff and I know when she does its with valid reason. Very rarely is she ever truly unreasonable unless she just got done working a crazy overnight shift at her work and is stressed from it and even then 10 min later shes all over an apology.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My ex wife would go to bed and be angry if I got on the computer after she went to sleep because "didn't I have anything better to do?". She would tell me I should watch TV instead....for whatever reason, but would then get angry as she would come out randomly to check the volume on the television and if it was any louder than the number 3 on the control (basically JUST being able to hear it) she would snap off on how I was being inconsiderate with the TV volume and didn't give a shit about anyone else and maybe I would be better off wasting my life on the computer where at least there was some headphones.

She would then stop off and go to her room where she would then complain that the birds outside were too loud and I needed to call the office the next day to complain, all the while calling me every name in the book. She would ten go silent for 20 minutes and then ask me to bring her a glass of water and to cook her dinner.

There's no real interpretation needed here. She was and still is crazy. She has the diagnosis to prove it even. Egg shells were walked on for years to try to keep her stable while I was doing everything I can to get her to seek help and feared losing my son in a divorce.
I don't think anyone can fault you for leaving her, I remember all the stuff you posted. Pepperidge Farms remembers.

My wife gets salty sometimes when I go on the PC and says "you never spend time with me" (a lie). She wants me to just veg out on the couch or something watching shit TV shows. My thing has always been that we should have common hobbies as well as personal hobbies. I wouldn't make her come into the room and sit and watch me play guitar for a couple hours just like I shouldn't be expected to watch two full episodes of Property Brothers. But I'll gladly watch a TV show we both enjoy (GOT, Better Call Saul, etc.), or cook something together, or clean together, or go on a movie date, or go out to eat, whatever. I took her to see Passenger (band/solo artist) Friday and even though it's not my style of music it was a good night out for us. She often forgets that she has to give as well as take, not just always take.

But my complaints about my wife are pretty minimal - she needs to give me a little more room with some of the stuff I do (gaming, guitar, electronics) and she has to clean more.

I could live a much worse fate, and I realized that reading Tarrant's stories.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
As far as my ex goes, I told her at the time I think she would just be happier single than she was with me or maybe anyone else really. She needed to be able to concentrate on herself and even with how crazy she was I tried to be understanding of her condition and issues. Something I am very confident no one else would have been given my situation with her.

It ended up being true to an extent. Shes been in a mental ward a few more times and now wars with her mom and dad, but overall she does seem happier. Or maybe its because I dont see her as much...which in the end makes me much happier. heh.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This thread always makes me appreciate how awesome and easy-going my girlfriend is; except cooking. She is a shit cook.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm right there with you Soy, current gf is that way, though a bit attention needing at times (but then, who isn't sometimes?) However shes a good cook. :)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Luckily cooking is one of my passions, so it's not an issue.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Same here, so it's something we will do together a lot. She even called my mom to get some of her recipes that's shes heard me talk about loving to make them. Shes a pretty cook chick and considering where I came from as far as relationships, I consider myself pretty damn lucky these days.

• 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>

As a kid who went through 5 years of this shit, i have no doubt cheatee is also a home wrecker

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The ultimate decision was up to your cheating parent. They were the ones to"wrecked your home", not anyone else.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is fucking bullshit. I thought what we had was real.

Oh, it's real, baby.

y5tB9uf.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The cheatee isn't innocent but again, it's not on them. When my wife cheated I wasn't happy with the other guy but he didn't ruin my marriage and wreck my trust. My wife did. Our oath and promises were to one another and between no one else. Why get angry at someone else because she broke those?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The cheatee isn't innocent but again, it's not on them. When my wife cheated I wasn't happy with the other guy but he didn't ruin my marriage and wreck my trust. My wife did. Our oath and promises were to one another and between no one else. Why get angry at someone else because she broke those?

Sometimes it makes you feel better to go beat the fuck out of a guy, even if it's not productive.

• 1Like