Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
If we've learned anything in this thread at all from previous discussions, it is to bring your wife home some froyo. Noodle taught us wisely on said topic.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do not disagree with comments, and I did apologize to her multiple times that night, and explained that I made the wrong choice in the moment. I've done much worse, on much less. Honestly, I have no idea why I made that choice to not get her any.
frown.png

I call bullshit on the severity of the reaction too.
Oh no, it was full on ugly crying, and I believe some of her words were if I ever want a divorce, just tell her she doesn't matter again.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah casually bringing up divorce over some yogurt is pretty dumb. But fuck it dude she's pregnant and you're sitting there eating froyo in front of her. The right choice when you come home isn't to tell her some bullshit apologizes but to go out and get some yogurt. Pregnant bitches can't eat apologies.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The crazy got turned all the way up last night with my wife. She's pregnant so I guess it's expected?

On my way home from work, we decide I'm going to pick up my stay at home wife/son a Little Caesar's pizza and crazy bread, and drop it off, then I'm going to go out and buy a 2nd PS3 controller and get me some froyo for dinner. Wasn't hungry and a big pile of froyo with fresh fruit sounded bomb for dinner. Wife says you better get me some, and I bitch and moan. Get off the phone and mind you, I never said I would, never said I wouldn't get her some.

I didn't get her any, and the night was so tense I pretty much avoided her all night. Until later we are about to go to bed, and she's like my feelings are really hurt you didn't get me any froyo!

Oh boy, here it comes...

I explain to her that I was hot, frustrated, tired from work, and froyo places don't have bags, have a million flavors and toppings, and I didn't feel like dealing with figuring all that shit out so you could get some froyo.

Wrong thing to say gentlemen, wrong thing!! This immediately was interpreted as I don't care about her, and she doesn't matter, and even if just for 30 seconds, when will be the next time I don't care about her, and if I ever want a divorce, just say she doesn't matter again and it will be over. wtf?

I had told her earlier in the evening after I had gotten home that now that I'm home, have eaten, and relaxed a bit I was more than willing to go back out and get her a treat. She said, if I was too much of a hassle then, I'm just as much of a hassle now, so don't even bother. This should have been my clue more was to come later that night.

I actually thought at some point last night, about how on here, people were saying you can't give in all the time. That it's healthy for the relationship to sometimes so "No". Not sure if I chose the right situation for this.

Well bros, it's all resolved, I calmed her down, re-assured her that she does matter, just not about ice cream, and she punched me, and said whatever jerk, and we hugged and all is better.

Yay Pregnancy?
You done fucked up. Even if you don't get her anything at the froyo place for the listed reasons stop at the local supermarket and get her a B&J Pint or some pre-packaged froyo.

Crone

Yeah casually bringing up divorce over some yogurt is pretty dumb. But fuck it dude she's pregnant and you're sitting there eating froyo in front of her. The right choice when you come home isn't to tell her some bullshit apologizes but to go out and get some yogurt. Pregnant bitches can't eat apologies.
Offered to go out, and maybe I should have just gone out and done it, but she said I was too much of a hassle before, then I'm too much of a hassle now, and so I didn't go do it.

Hindsight is like perfect 20/20 in this situation though, and many things I should have done differently.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
You can say no about going somewhere, buying something or doing something. A pregnant wife asking for food, not so much. If she request a milkshake with pickles and bacon, you get the blender and that's that.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
"I know you are carrying my child, but you're really not important enough to me to bother picking up something for you at a place I'm already going to be at anyways"

That's basically what she is thinking that you are thinking

Silence_sl

shitlord
I usually find this reasoning a little misguided or even self-aggrandizing. From my limited experience it's not necessarily age alone that brings about wisdom but life-changing experiences. Whether it's getting fired, losing a loved one, having kids, seriously injuring yourself/others, becoming homeless etc there are serious consequences to be had for childish behavior that will serve to make one more wise.

I don't know you personally, but often when I hear people talk about how wise they are because of age they're usually full of shit and are just trying to make themselves feel better about being old.
Derp. I never said I contained the wisdom of the oracles; just that I'm wiser now than I was when I was young. And besides, how did you arrive at the notion that wisdom is detached from experience? I said nothing of the sort. In fact, I said just that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Which is pretty much the truth anyway.

DOGPILE ON CRONE TILL HE BRINGS US ALL HIPSTER YOGURT

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Derp. I never said I contained the wisdom of the oracles; just that I'm wiser now than I was when I was young. And besides, how did you arrive at the notion that wisdom is detached from experience? I said nothing of the sort. In fact, I said just that.
I think you and I agree and I probably misread what you wrote. I was mostly going on a tangent at people who praise how old they've gotten and how important it makes them.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I actually thought at some point last night, about how on here, people were saying you can't give in all the time. That it's healthy for the relationship to sometimes so "No".
"No" is never the right answer with a pregnant woman. This isn't the battle of sexes here; she's preggy. The right answer, then, is always, "Yes, Dear."

You can go back to ignoring her after she's popped.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I think you and I agree and I probably misread what you wrote. I was mostly going on a tangent at people who praise how old they've gotten and how important it makes them.
Yeah, probably so. Anyway, I didn't mean to come off as praising getting old and supermanly, rather...praising that I'm not turning to complete shit as I age. Which, I nearly completely attributed to genetics (and thus luck) than any sort grand mental planning and ability on my part.

Keep in mind that I was also completely bombed on oxy and booze when I wrote that, so wise and Brainiac not so much.Especiallynot so much, considering the combo.

Anyway, enough of me poopsing up this thread.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The amount of times "froyo" has been said in the last page is disgusting.

BRB going to eat a froyo in front of my SO while watching a romcom with scarjo and jgo

Crone

The amount of times "froyo" has been said in the last page is disgusting.

BRB going to eat a froyo in front of my SO while watching a romcom with scarjo and jgo
F all those candy toppings too. I go plain "tart" flavor, and then load it up with all the fruits!! last night it was kiwi, mango, pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, and the best part? strawberry boba balls!!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
F all those candy toppings too. I go plain "tart" flavor, and then load it up with all the fruits!! last night it was kiwi, mango, pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, and the best part? strawberry boba balls!!
Me too man.. me too.

Took my wife out once and she loaded that thing up with candy. I was disgusted.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
F all those candy toppings too. I go plain "tart" flavor, and then load it up with all the fruits!! last night it was kiwi, mango, pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, and the best part?the sweet, sweet tears of my pregnant wife!!
FTFY.