Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocratā•­ą²°_ā€¢Ģ>
Yeah asked my wife when we got hitched if she wanted to get rings. Her answer was "lets get another playstation with that money instead." My wife is a keeper.

• 12Like
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 14 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
thatā€™s awesome.

my wife hates gold and hates diamonds. Her engagement ring was .925 with a tanzanite. Our wedding rings were ordered off Etsy, they are matching tungsten with deer antler inlay. Sounds weird but they are pretty cool and werenā€™t expensive. Weā€™ve both been married before and just wanted something low key this time around.

IMG_0387.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got my wife a nice diamond 20 years ago and now we both donā€™t wear a ring, havenā€™t for 8 or so years now. No regrets on the purchase just stating facts. We donā€™t do Valentineā€™s Day bullshit but she did want to upgrade to a 75 inch TV so we went that route.

Was our 20th anniversary early Feb. all is well.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I tried to save some money by just repurposing the gems from a ring I got passed down from my grandmother, but just wasnā€™t a fan of the setting. Not really into diamonds but loved the chonky amethyst. Husband paid for the centerpiece and I paid for the two end cap pieces, which was more pricey than I hoped because the price of palladium went up a bunch before I had it done. Donā€™t regret it, though.

Nerdy as shit, but I got him a black band with six gems for the infinity stones and he had a little section in his vows representing each one.

IMG_7747.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I have 50/50 custody of my youngest. The oldest lives with me, and is not a minor. Therefore, situation is simply about the youngest. She'll be 13 here soon.

My ex wife and I both work days. I've been offered an opportunity to advance pretty significantly professionally, but would require me to work 2nd shift, potentially making it so I'm not *really* home before about bed time. Certainly not before the wind down for bed time (packing lunches, taking showers, etc).

Can my ex press for full (or near full...the usual every other weekend shit for me) custody because I'm not going to be around in the majority of evenings?

If she can, it makes literally no sense to take the job, as my raise will be entirely wiped out by child support in that circumstance.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I have 50/50 custody of my youngest. The oldest lives with me, and is not a minor. Therefore, situation is simply about the youngest. She'll be 13 here soon.

My ex wife and I both work days. I've been offered an opportunity to advance pretty significantly professionally, but would require me to work 2nd shift, potentially making it so I'm not *really* home before about bed time. Certainly not before the wind down for bed time (packing lunches, taking showers, etc).

Can my ex press for full (or near full...the usual every other weekend shit for me) custody because I'm not going to be around in the majority of evenings?

If she can, it makes literally no sense to take the job, as my raise will be entirely wiped out by child support in that circumstance.

This is gonna come off as snarky and itā€™s 1000% not intentional.

but this is 100% a ā€œconsult your lawyer and not FoHā€ type of question.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that.

My lawyer died. Hence why I'm asking here now.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Get a new lawyer man. As someone who works in child services, donā€™t ask for advice on something like this from us.

to many things come into play. Ideally yes you should be fine if your oldest kid is good and responsible enough to watch her, but state laws, the agencies involved and the judge may have different thoughts and only a local lawyer is going to be able to answer that for you.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
This made me laugh, but then I felt bad so here.

View attachment 518550

Don't feel bad.

She was a super hyper lefty teamster lawyer, and she died "suddenly."

Anyway, disregard the whole thing. Just talked to her and she's not on board, so not even gonna bother if she has a chance to fuck the whole thing up.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't feel bad.

She was a super hyper lefty teamster lawyer, and she died "suddenly."

Anyway, disregard the whole thing. Just talked to her and she's not on board, so not even gonna bother if she has a chance to fuck the whole thing up.
You talked to your dead lawyer? :trollface:

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

SeanDoe1z1

Does the job take you away from your 13 year old? If it is 50/50 this sounds like a no go for me if I had my son.

As I type this from the gym as heā€™s home alone.

I am consistently put into job vs kid at probably a 100% raise. Itā€™s basically my oh shit safety net if all breaks loose.

If you have years and years at 50 50 itā€™s gonna take a super cunt of a judge to agree with a lying mother. Totally happens but requires effort.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just talked to her and she's not on board, so not even gonna bother if she has a chance to fuck the whole thing up.
Your older daughter isnt on board with babysitting, or your ex isnt on board with you working second shift?

Also did you just obliquely confess to murdering your divorce lawyer?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
So, my oldest works rotating 6pm-6am, so she can't babysit for that shift. Also, technically, per the divorce decree, the other parent has first right of refusal on any babysitting duties. This tends to put a hamper on things, because the term "parent" means something when custody is involved. So while her sister or her new step mom are both home, they are not technically "parents."

I went into the conversation with the ex with the mindset that anything other than a "sure, go for it" was going to be a no. She himmed and hawwed a little bit about wanting one of the "parents" available for her, and that was enough for me. Not gonna give her the ammo to go back and switch up our 50/50 to me getting every other weekend or some shit. That would completely ruin the whole point of taking the better job - the pay would simply evaporate into child support.

Add that into the fact that I actually don't really want to work 2nd shift, and it just became a no brainer. My dad worked 2nd shift until I was a sophomore in high school, I know what it's like not seeing your dad for 9 months outta the year. I'll maybe take the 3rd shift opening created by me turning this one down. Then I'll be home every evening, and every morning before school, and we'll just do that for a bit.

Also, no. Kinda surprised no one picked up on the super lefty and "suddenly" joke. Because that's basically exactly how it happened. Apparently she was weeding the garden or some shit, came inside, sat down and fuckin died.

Too much sitting, I guess.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, no. Kinda surprised no one picked up on the super lefty and "suddenly" joke. Because that's basically exactly how it happened. Apparently she was weeding the garden or some shit, came inside, sat down and fuckin died.
Person of interest says what now?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user