Marvel Heroes 20xx

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ok so I just dropped some money on this game and have 3300G to spend. I want a hero that just annihilates shit without having to be super geared. Based on info in this thread already it's looking like one of the following:

Ghostrider
Scarlet Witch
Jean Grey
Emma Frost
Nightcrawler

Am I missing any? Which one of those has the best chance of soloing Cosmics and contributing damage in X-DEF with minimal gear?

Arica_sl

shitlord
Scarlet Witch, from personal experience, will solo cosmics at a very slow rate (mine is somewhat geared.) Has nothing to offer in X-Def (I don't have Chaos Warp though.) I still like to play her though for the fun factor of watching stuff fight each other.

Ms.Marvel is supposed to be the top tier and should excel at soloing cosmics and great in X-Def (I don't know if geared or not.)
Deadpool is supposed to be great at soloing cosmics, not sure about X-Def.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Need some blessings (Hela & Odin) to my artifacts if anyone has some to trade or give (this is asking a bit much i'll admit). Also looking to trade for Stone & Saturn rune, lvl 60 M'kraan core with +1 energy + Lifeleech orRegen health/spirit on medkit, Ms. Marvel 50+ cosmics

Finishing up my Ms. Marvel (at 56 right now). I got her Flight-suit super early thankfully, helped tremendously.

Still looking for a SG

'LostVirtue' is my ingame name

MossyBank

N00b
My scarlet solos cosmics at a very fast rate. But I have her extremely well geared. Hand of Doom, Mental Focus Headband, Pluvian Superconductor, and Advanced Metasensory Array with top end stats, all 4 of them have blessings, rank 5 legendary, full uniques etc. But without gear I agree she is very slow. Out of those heros you listed, i'd probably pick Jean Grey or Ghostrider. Honestly though? I'd spend my G's on Stash tabs, you will get the most use out of them, anything else you can get in game eventually.

Khane

I'm probably going to buy one more stash tab and one more crafter tab (already have 2 crafter tabs) for now, since I'm just starting I don't need em and would like a steamroll hero just to gear up and get runes and stuff with. It's always better to start with a powerhouse so you don't feel like you're banging your head against the wall. I have punisher at level 60 but his damage kinda blows at my current gear level and runs out of spirit super fast.

MossyBank

N00b
Yeah I was pretty unimpressed with Punisher. :/ He needs some love for sure.

I think i'm gonna get Emma Frost in a day or two, see how she is. I hear she is pretty fun with the mental dmg tree now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Scarlet Witch, from personal experience, will solo cosmics at a very slow rate (mine is somewhat geared.) Has nothing to offer in X-Def (I don't have Chaos Warp though.) I still like to play her though for the fun factor of watching stuff fight each other.

Ms.Marvel is supposed to be the top tier and should excel at soloing cosmics and great in X-Def (I don't know if geared or not.)
Deadpool is supposed to be great at soloing cosmics, not sure about X-Def.
Can't she confuse mobs in Xdef? Last I heard she was an absolute monster to confuse all the whites to beat on the elites.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Emma is fine. She is all about dots with the telepathy tree, and with the pet she kinda reminded me of an old-school EQ necro. I am currently working on prestige levels for Jean Grey, then I'll probably level up MsMarvel.

Khane

Are there any item databases for this game that don't suck? You can't filter based on anything at MarvelBase other than name and level range and the marvel heroes wiki doesn't have any filtering at all, plus it doesn't tell you where shit drops.

I got Squirrel Girl to 60 and she's a blast, plus with the right items I feel like she can just wreck shit. She's pretty poorly geared right now but she's got great abilities and does tons of damage already and if I get into a pinch I can just kite while my squirrels heal me up. But I can't find anywhere to research drops and items I might want. I guess the first order of business is farming odin marks for blessings anyway though.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Well I've finally decided to just get someone to 60 after getting 4 characters to 40+. Got Colossus to 45 right now which is tied to Ms. Marvel. I may get her to 60 after him but I'm thinking maybe a ranged person. If I have enough Splinters, I may get Ghost Rider but right now I'm at 380 something splinters. Any thoughts on the better choice for a ranged hero that can quickly hit 60?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ghost rider isnt really a ranged hero. someone like storm is a better ranged choice but shes likely going to be nerfed next month in the 52 updates.

jrbuddha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Are there any item databases for this game that don't suck? You can't filter based on anything at MarvelBase other than name and level range and the marvel heroes wiki doesn't have any filtering at all, plus it doesn't tell you where shit drops.
A few items drop from specific bosses, (Hand of Doom from Dr. Doom, or White Tuxedo Jacket from Kingpin) but other than that anything can drop anywhere. Oh...and cosmic rings can only drop from cosmic terminals I think.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
heres a spreadsheet with everything and what is thought to be max rolls on them.

Google Drive

not all of it is 100%, i have a cable chest with more hp than its max roll, but its close enough.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ok so I just dropped some money on this game and have 3300G to spend. I want a hero that just annihilates shit without having to be super geared. Based on info in this thread already it's looking like one of the following:

Ghostrider
Scarlet Witch
Jean Grey
Emma Frost
Nightcrawler

Am I missing any? Which one of those has the best chance of soloing Cosmics and contributing damage in X-DEF with minimal gear?
Stay away from Nightcrawler. He has some changes coming up in the next patch that could fuck him.

Yeah I was pretty unimpressed with Punisher. :/ He needs some love for sure.

I think i'm gonna get Emma Frost in a day or two, see how she is. I hear she is pretty fun with the mental dmg tree now.
I found Punisher to be pretty beast , his Proximity Mine with the Goo is damn near cheating if you stack spirit along with his Barrage he clears house damn good. He is lvl 58 now and i have around 500 spirit i believe and with the fear combo where you gain spiirt i rarely have to auto attack. Only time i had a shitty time with him was in the 20s because i was using rocket and once i ditched that for his mines and started using gear with spirit he just flew through lvls.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
ghost rider isnt really a ranged hero. someone like storm is a better ranged choice but shes likely going to be nerfed next month in the 52 updates.
Oh I know Ghost Rider isn't ranged. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned him in my post. I just think he'd be boss as fuck to play as.

Khane

I found Punisher to be pretty beast , his Proximity Mine with the Goo is damn near cheating if you stack spirit along with his Barrage he clears house damn good. He is lvl 58 now and i have around 500 spirit i believe and with the fear combo where you gain spiirt i rarely have to auto attack. Only time i had a shitty time with him was in the 20s because i was using rocket and once i ditched that for his mines and started using gear with spirit he just flew through lvls.
Wait until you're level 60 and try to run X-Def or even red terminals, then go play a hero that actually does real damage. Your opinion will change real fast. Levelling in this game is easy, my Punisher at 60 does absolutely shit damage and offers almost no utility to the team. Of course things could change if he got geared out but he's just not fun to play for me at 60. I just got SG to 60 last night and she can already solo cosmics with relative ease.

MossyBank

N00b
Yeah I have alot of heros and I find punisher to be pretty weak right now compared to most of them. I'm running proxy mines with sticky mine, barrage, and all that stuff too. Maybe his rework will bring something cool, they talked about the punisher van and stuff like that, could be interesting.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I decided to re-install the game. Haven't played since the first month, and from what I've read here, a lot has changed. Back when I played I got Colossus to 34, and Ms. Marvel to 20-ish. Is there more to do, for leveling up to 60 now? Or will I just repeat the Story quests over and over?

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I like Captain America not, but even at 20 I'm already starting to see some of the durability issues. It's a shame because he's fun as hell to play.

How is Luke Cage? People in game seemed to think he's currently terrible.

I also got a costume for Thor out of a fortune card, is he any good currently?