Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Will Marvel have the balls to do another 10 year plan laying out the Secret Wars story like they did the IW / EG story?
I mean they don't even have an Avengers movie lined up for another 4-5 years at least. Although with the addition of the TV shows being actual MCU material, they can do more in 5 years than they did with 10 last time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think it needs to explicitly lay all of that out. They just need to lay a lot of foundation for us to care about a newer and wider variety of characters (FF, Mutants, young avengers) and their antagonists. They have a lot of world building/patching to do. With an eye towards something like that, I think they can seed the movies with the right types of villains they could call back to later for an event like that, but really most of that would be automatic.

This last Secret Wars in the comics was super wild, we won't get anything like that in the comics, but we should get God Emperor Doom and stuff.

Of all the events, I'd prefer a relatively comic-faithful Age of Apocalypse (alternate timeline, different takes on characters), but that's going to need quite a bit of build up itself. I'd say it's also too soon after the last Apocalypse. You could contain that over the course of a movie or two, but hopefully these big events can spill over into D+ series for a year before concluding theatrically, etc. That'd be fun and allow a lot more nuance and detail than we get in 2-3 hour theatrical chunks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't think it needs to explicitly lay all of that out. They just need to lay a lot of foundation for us to care about a newer and wider variety of characters (FF, Mutants, young avengers) and their antagonists. They have a lot of world building/patching to do. With an eye towards something like that, I think they can seed the movies with the right types of villains they could call back to later for an event like that, but really most of that would be automatic.

This last Secret Wars in the comics was super wild, we won't get anything like that in the comics, but we should get God Emperor Doom and stuff.

Of all the events, I'd prefer a relatively comic-faithful Age of Apocalypse (alternate timeline, different takes on characters), but that's going to need quite a bit of build up itself. I'd say it's also too soon after the last Apocalypse. You could contain that over the course of a movie or two, but hopefully these big events can spill over into D+ series for a year before concluding theatrically, etc. That'd be fun and allow a lot more nuance and detail than we get in 2-3 hour theatrical chunks.
It really depends on who the big baddie is gonna be this go round. It looks like we are gonna get more Kree and Skrull stuff and we have rumors of Kang the Conqueror and the High Evolutionary showing up. Then we have whatever Celestial/Deviant shit comes out of the Eternals and don't forget all the multidimensional shit that's gonna open up with WandaVision and Doc Strange 2. I think we won't have any Mutant/FF based big story til after this coming run. They need like 2 phases just to shit out enough X-Men and FF stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I thought Jon Snow as going to be Moon Knight.
No, he's The Black Knight. Who is actually a character in Marvel, and is based on/related to/somehow connected to the King Arthur character. I know the sword is the main thing power-wise, but I don't remember if it is a descendant thing or just whomever finds the sword, is worthy, or what.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finally catching up on these, Dr. Strange was really good.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not a surprise and easy to do if that ends up being real. Limited scenes without the mask and use CGI to show the actor, then majority of his scenes he has mask on. Give him a big sacrifice hero moment, make it all emotional and heartfelt, then pass the mantle on to an established character, while at the same time laying groundwork for other characters to step up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Bobs Burgers writers got signed for Deadpool 3 apparently.
126538418_3470692403024741_566867344760423400_o.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users