Marvel Universe stuff

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So they got Doctor Octopus from the first version, Electro from the second version and Vulture from the third version? I'm intrigued.

Could just be alternate universe versions rather than being the same characters.

If this is true it's the same fuck up that happens in all the shit tier super hero movies. Trying to stuff 3 villains in a 2 hour movie = dogshit every fucking time. Look at all the solid super hero movies 1 villain, look at all the trash tier movies multiple villains. It's not that I have an issue with more than one villain in a movie it's just that hollywood are such failure hack faggots they don't know how to accomplish such a feat.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There was more than 1 villain in Civil War (kinda..) and Infinity War/Endgame. Even though Thanos was the big bad, there were multiple bads in the spotlight throughout the movie(s).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
There was more than 1 villain in Civil War (kinda..) and Infinity War/Endgame. Even though Thanos was the big bad, there were multiple bads in the spotlight throughout the movie(s).
No, Civil War you had Zemo...the rest was just infighting amongst the Avengers. In Infinity War / Endgame you had Thanos who had henchmen...but they were all part of the same story.
Then you take Spider Man 3 and cram in 3 Villains (Sand Man, Venom and Goblin). They were not all part of the same story, they were crammed together in a mish-mash stew that never formed into a cohesive narrative. Just 3 messy half formed stories that were total trash.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You can stuff multiple villains in ONLY if you don't have to do an Origin story for them. Spiderman 3 had to do origins for Venom and Sandman and Goblin 2.0. The problem is that very seldom do you have the chance to have the villain recur multiple times within the same "universe" (usually because the villain dies), which is why they get stuck failing with that formula.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Batman and Robin had had Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane! that was an awesome film!

said noone ever.

Booze is right, any time you have more than one main villain, it somehow overwhelms the movie and turns it to shit. there are exceptions, but i''ll be damned if i can think of anything outside of a comedy.
closest thing is
abbott_and_costello_meet_frankenstein_universal_continuity-scaled.jpg

although even in that movie, Dracula was the main villain and Frankenstein Monster was just a puppet. wolfman was a "good guy"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
best comic book villian was sinestro from horrible green lantern, even more so than your jokers or whatever, he didn't do "a take" on sinestro, he was sinestro.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
best comic book villian was sinestro from horrible green lantern, even more so than your jokers or whatever, he didn't do "a take" on sinestro, he was sinestro.
Mark Strong was amazing as Sinestro. But so was Hugo Weaving as Red Skull in Cap 1.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Then you take Spider Man 3 and cram in 3 Villains (Sand Man, Venom and Goblin). They were not all part of the same story, they were crammed together in a mish-mash stew that never formed into a cohesive narrative. Just 3 messy half formed stories that were total trash.

muh multiverse is gonna fix everything

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Finally confirmed that Hailee Steinfeld is playing Kate Bishop as the new Hawkeye. I think this is a great choice. I like Hailee and she's pretty cute.

hailee-steinfeld-for-v-magazine-2020-2.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Pretty sure it only applies to 1 "main" villain. They were all extensions of Thanos.

Multiple unconnected villains and shit falls apart like the Batman movies, Spiderman movies, or Game of Thrones.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They used the OP from the old X-Men cartoon with that video. I haven't watched the video yet. I just remember that theme from my childhood.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
They used the OP from the old X-Men cartoon with that video. I haven't watched the video yet. I just remember that theme from my childhood.

I tried rewatching this cartoon a couple of years ago and it just hasn't aged very well. Not like Batman.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried rewatching this cartoon a couple of years ago and it just hasn't aged very well. Not like Batman.
It aged terribly cause it was always cheap and shitty, we just didn't notice cause we were kids. Wolverine and the X-Men is by far the best looking of the X-Men shows, it's a shame it didn't get a longer run.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It aged terribly cause it was always cheap and shitty, we just didn't notice cause we were kids. Wolverine and the X-Men is by far the best looking of the X-Men shows, it's a shame it didn't get a longer run.
I think there was a disconnect during the making of that cartoon...

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The animation was shitty and there was an Austrailian Wolverine, but they did pretty well with their storylines and the shit they did. I think that's why people love the show so much. If you didn't know they are working on trying to get one more season made on Disney+.