Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
marvel-sets-fantastic-4-guardians-more.jpg

On the film front “Spider-Man: Homecoming” director Jon Watts will helm a new attempt at “Fantastic Four,” this one being a part of the MCU. No other names attached at this point.

Peyton Reed will return to helm “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” which sees not just the return of all the regulars but also the inclusion of “Freaky” star Kathryn Newton as Cassie Lang and “Lovecraft Country” breakout Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror.

Rachel McAdams will return for “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” which now arrives March 25th 2022.

“Captain Marvel 2” is set for November 11th 2022 with Nia DaCosta directing and Brie Larson returning as Carol Danvers. Joining them will be Teyonah Parris as the grown up Monica Rambeau reprising her role from “WandaVision,” and Iman Vellani as Ms. Marvel reprising her role from the in the works “Ms. Marvel” series.

Finally “Black Panther II” will arrive July 8th 2022 and they confirm they will not re-cast the T’Challa character. Ryan Coogler returns as director.

Three new series for the Disney+ service were announced, the first being “Secret Invasion” which sees Samuel L. Jackson is back as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as the Skrull Talos.

Next is “Armor Wars” with Don Cheadle reprising the James Rhodes/War Machine role exploring what happens when Tony Stark’s tech falls into the wrong hands.

Then there’s “Ironheart” starring Dominique Thorne as Riri Williams. That series follows the creator of the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man.

There’s also two one-offs. “I Am Groot” is a series of shorts featuring Baby Groot and several new and unusual characters. Meanwhile James Gunn will write and direct “The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special” which will hit the service in 2022.

Other reveals include confirmation that Christian Bale is playing Gorr the God Butcher in “Thor: Love and Thunder” arriving May 6th 2022, Tim Roth will return as Abomination and Mark Ruffalo as Hulk in the “She-Hulk” series starring Tatiana Maslany, and the “Shang-Chi” production has fully wrapped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just wanna say FUCK OFF to Ironheart, but it's clear they are going Young Avengers with Kang. Also Bale playing Gorr the God Butcher should be interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
F4 and WandaVision for me...jesus that WandaVision trailer is so right up my alley. Fucking awesome.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Had no idea armor wars was in the making, that sounds pretty cool.

Fantastic four always seemed like bland DC-esque characters. no interest in them other than dr doom and general world building.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Woah, that was Owen Wilson. Before I heard him speak, I thought it was that one guy from Mad Men. Certainly looked a lot like him.
Owen Wilson in a role where he's not playing some scruffy rogue-type with a mop-top is so fucking weird. It's like seeing a physical law of the universe being broken.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
yeah, they just might be doing this shit (blowing our minds the last decade) again, right in front of our eyes. Loki has always been the best.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Looks good. Pretty sure Loki will be the best just because he's one of the greatest MCU characters. I can see Falcon/WS just being your generic big fight scene per week type and Wanda/Vision being your drama and mystery type. Definitely some good fuckin' watching ahead! Disney+ might actually be worthwhile to adults.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
God damn you, you fucking mouse!
I want to hate your stupid woke ass and never watch any of your shit again,
but then you drop these trailers and make all them announcements and I once again cant help but /drool a bit and pony up the money for your streaming service.
Damn, I am weak.