Marvel Universe stuff

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Man, I was going to make a poll about the best action sequence in a super hero movie .... Quicksilver in Days of Future Past... Wonder Woman's sequence when she crosses no mans land / destroys the bell tower... Or maybe even Hulks "My secret is I'm always angry..." punching the big flying thing in Avengers 1. Then I got to Endgame... And the whole fucking last hour is a giant orgasm of bad ass fan service... Cap with Thor's Hammer against Thanos, fucking insane couldn't believe how awesome it was, everyone showing up to help Cap, mind blowing, Ant Man punching the flying thing, multiple people just laying waste to the bad guys, Scarlet Witch beating Thanos' ass, Iron Man tricking him and killing him. Fuck man, it's just such an insane amalgam of action that it's almost hard to process it.
Ironman getting shot out of the sky by a tank, climbing out of the hole, plinking the tank, it exploding and walking away like a badass. That scene wasn't topped for a while with its simplicity.

Scarlet Witch after Quicksilver dies.

Captain Marvel plowing through entire spaceships.... "meh"

Captain America getting the hammer, even that whole scene getting spoiled for me, gave monster chills when I actually saw it on screen. Was like watching what I imagined in my head while playing a Paladin in Diablo 2 or World of Warcraft and gave a monster epeen boner.

Thor in Ragnarok when he goes full on Raiden mode.

Batman in BVS smashing a dude into the floor made me laugh, because it reminded me of one of his lines from Batman Returns, "Eat floor, high fiber."

Could hit on this topic all day.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Ironman getting shot out of the sky by a tank, climbing out of the hole, plinking the tank, it exploding and walking away like a badass. That scene wasn't topped for a while with its simplicity.

Scarlet Witch after Quicksilver dies.

Captain Marvel plowing through entire spaceships.... "meh"

Captain America getting the hammer, even that whole scene getting spoiled for me, gave monster chills when I actually saw it on screen. Was like watching what I imagined in my head while playing a Paladin in Diablo 2 or World of Warcraft and gave a monster epeen boner.

Thor in Ragnarok when he goes full on Raiden mode.

Batman in BVS smashing a dude into the floor made me laugh, because it reminded me of one of his lines from Batman Returns, "Eat floor, high fiber."

Could hit on this topic all day.

Roger's sequence that starts with "Anyone want to get out?"

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
Best action scene is Hulk vs Iron Man in Avengers 2 with the Hulk Buster gear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I go back and forth on which one I like best, but my top ones are:
Quicksilver in DoFP.
Nightcrawler assault on the white house in X2.
Flash realizing he is fucked vs Supes in Justice League
Paladin Captain America
Punisher prison battle in Daredevil Season 2.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh if we're spreading the net that wide then I think we have to include the single-take hallway fight from Daredevil season 1

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I go back and forth on which one I like best, but my top ones are:
Quicksilver in DoFP.
Nightcrawler assault on the white house in X2.
Flash realizing he is fucked vs Supes in Justice League
Paladin Captain America
Punisher prison battle in Daredevil Season 2.
"Have you seen that before in a gift shop?"

Fadaar

That guy
Best action scene is Hulk vs Iron Man in Avengers 2 with the Hulk Buster gear.

I had flashbacks to this when watching the season finale of Mandalorian a few days ago. Mando getting his head bashed into the wall by the robot reminded me of that part of the HB/Hulk fight.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I always liked the boat scene in captain America 2. Not the most amazing action, but somehow still a stand out scene for me. the views of the boat and the music help...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Dad in town, he used to read DC comics as a kid so wanted to see WW84... hated it, so I showed him some stuff from Endgame and Ragnarok to show what good stuff is. When Captain Marvel came in at end of Endgane, he said “who is this man??” LOL

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"I always liked the boat scene in captain America 2. Not the most amazing action, but somehow still a stand out scene for me. the views of the boat and the music help..."

Since Edit does not allow for quote insertion.,...WTF??

That movie easily had the best music of any of the movies. It just added to the already awesome movie that played out. I enjoyed the music piece right when the end credits start. I still like to just listen to it sometimes.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Morbius and Venom 2 are the most interesting ones. Hopefully Shang-Chi is more Jackie Chan and less Iron Fist.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
None of the 'Marvel' Spiderman movies have done it for me, much less his non-union Mexican equivalent in Morbius (I heard parts of Venom were okay, but I've never been willing to pay to see it). It is weird (or a sign of how quickly Sony has been hammering these out) that Spiderman 2 went from being the last movie of the last phase to Spiderman 3 now being within the first seven months of the next Marvel phase.

On the Marvel side, Black Widow has negative anticipation at this point. Its a prequel, which are almost always useless, it'll shoehorn in Pugh as NeWidow, and given that no actor was announced for Taskmaster, means the badguy is almost certainly one of Harbour or Weisz. That worked in Winter Soldier since we had spent a movie with Bucky years earlier, before the reveal, but here we'll have only been introduced to whomever (probably Weisz) an hour earlier.

Shang-Chi: The worst part of Marvel movies is them punching each other. Kicking people is going to turn the genre on its head (and hadn't already been done in the Netflix shows)?

Eternals: I literally know nothing about them, other than I _think_ they were Kirby plagiarizing his own New Gods he did at DC. Why should I be excited?

Which leaves the Disney+ shows, and I can't wait to see what the hell WandaVision and Loki have turned into. (Falcon and Winter Soldier has the downside of SJWing the conflict with USAgent.) I will watch What If? once then shrug, and I will have to be informed why I should care about Ms Marvel or Lady Hawkeye.

That said, what's WandaVision? A streaming property about a female superhero wishing her dead lover from previous movies back into existence, into a time period the dead lover never lived through? That sounds like a disaster!

• 1Salty
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
None of the 'Marvel' Spiderman movies have done it for me, much less his non-union Mexican equivalent in Morbius (I heard parts of Venom were okay, but I've never been willing to pay to see it). It is weird (or a sign of how quickly Sony has been hammering these out) that Spiderman 2 went from being the last movie of the last phase to Spiderman 3 now being within the first seven months of the next Marvel phase.

Venom is actually pretty decent and I was one of those people that didn't care for it being a solo movie outside of MCU territory. Spider-Man 3 got pushed forward because of Covid. The whole Marvel schedule for releases got changed like 3 times this year.

On the Marvel side, Black Widow has negative anticipation at this point. Its a prequel, which are almost always useless, it'll shoehorn in Pugh as NeWidow, and given that no actor was announced for Taskmaster, means the badguy is almost certainly one of Harbour or Weisz. That worked in Winter Soldier since we had spent a movie with Bucky years earlier, before the reveal, but here we'll have only been introduced to whomever (probably Weisz) an hour earlier.

I don't know about negative anticipation. It's probably gone up at this point. It''ll have been like 18 months since the last Marvel movie. If shit is finally opening up, BW could make more money that it would have originally. Taskmaster isn't Harbour, since he's playing a fat Red Guardian, and Weisz is in a battle scene with Taskmaster in one of the trailers.

Shang-Chi: The worst part of Marvel movies is them punching each other. Kicking people is going to turn the genre on its head (and hadn't already been done in the Netflix shows)?

Shang-Chi is gonna be interesting. I have no problems with the character himself and rumor is that they are doing a kind of Bloodsport/Game of Death type storyline. Shang-Chi should be fun as a fighter though. He's pretty much the best fighter on the planet and is just a normal human. What abilities he has are Chi abilities but they aren't very similar to Iron Fist. Doing the Mandarin justice after Iron Man 3 is probably the best thing about this movie. This is more throwing a bone to China.

Eternals: I literally know nothing about them, other than I _think_ they were Kirby plagiarizing his own New Gods he did at DC. Why should I be excited?

I mean it is Kirby coming back to Marvel and creating the Eternals, since New Gods got cancelled at DC. Character wise, Eternals is most important for Sersei, Gilgamesh, and Black Knight. All three were Avengers at one point. Sersei and Black Knight for quite awhile. The Eternals overall is just to open up more cosmic stuff and most likely setting up something with the Celestials.

Which leaves the Disney+ shows, and I can't wait to see what the hell WandaVision and Loki have turned into. (Falcon and Winter Soldier has the downside of SJWing the conflict with USAgent.) I will watch What If? once then shrug, and I will have to be informed why I should care about Ms Marvel or Lady Hawkeye.

That said, what's WandaVision? A streaming property about a female superhero wishing her dead lover from previous movies back into existence, into a time period the dead lover never lived through? That sounds like a disaster!

WandaVision is an important show and probably why they moved it to come out first. It's Wanda finally getting her full Marvel powers and mucking with reality/multiverse. They story is adapted from a similar story in the comics and added shades from the X-Men House of M storyline. The show ends where Doctor Strange 2 begins.

Loki looks to be going into the time travel aspects of the MCU and will probably link to Kang, who we know is the bad guy in Ant-Man 3. Also it is an alternate universe Loki, so we'll probably see how bad they broke the timeline in Endgame.

Also not sure what SJW shit you are talking about in Falcon and Winter Soldier as they seem to be using U.S. Agent the same way they did in the comics. They are just taking the SHIELD from Falcon since Cap is "dead." Also this is the setup for an eventual Thunderbolts along with stuff from Black Widow.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Wow, Far From Home was July 2nd, 2019. It's been exactly 18 months since that came out (as of Jan 2nd). WandaVision comes out on the 15th for Disney Plus. Black Widow comes in finally on May 7th, so it'll be just over 22 months between MCU movies. Wow, Covid caused so many bullshit overreactions. Not on MCU's part, but movie theaters in general being shut down.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users