Marvel Universe stuff

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And what we've learned recently is that women who can't get pregnant are useless vessels. Sure, you may be fun to fuck, but your life is meaningless. Neener.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
279074393_856449658646137_277595279550643396_n.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks like we have Wonder Man coming to Disney+
FVZXfG6UsAAPy0-.jpg

We could only be so lucky that Fillion gets cast as Simon.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Looks like we have Wonder Man coming to Disney+View attachment 417587
We could only be so lucky that Fillion gets cast as Simon.

I worry that our boy Nate is too old for this kind of role. He'd need to get jacked and I don't know if he has it in him. Of course, Tom Cruise still was able to do it for Maverick so if there is a will then Hollywood has a way....steroids, I'm talking about lots of steroids.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wonder Man was bad AF in the comics. I bet they tone him way down. No mobility or range attacks (besides throwing shit) but near unbeatable in melee.
Yeah he'll be a tank or an energy ranged flyer but not both.

I worry that our boy Nate is too old for this kind of role. He'd need to get jacked and I don't know if he has it in him. Of course, Tom Cruise still was able to do it for Maverick so if there is a will then Hollywood has a way....steroids, I'm talking about lots of steroids.
Yeah, I only say Nate cuz of the Guardians 2 deleted scenes. They are totally gonna get a younger hardbody for the role.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
wait phase 4 is ending? I literally can't think of anything important that has happened across half a dozen boring D+ shows and a few movies that didn't really matter at all

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was going to say that it seems like they too heavily relied on television shows for phase 4, but I went back through what the other phases consisted of, and I was kind of underwhelmed. It kind of makes me think I was overrating the previous films just because they culminated into something awesome.

I've kind of checked out of the MCU though so I don't know that I even care about continuing.

I did watch sporadically; Wandavision, Loki, and Hawkeye on the TV side and Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Spiderman on the movies. I just happened to skip all the shitty stuff by filtering them out mostly by reviews here. Although Black Widow wasn't good, and in my opinion Wandavision was kind of a slog and really fell short of what it could've been.

I doubt I ever care to watch Diversity Captain Falcon or whatever the hell Eternals is. Moon Knight I think we made it about 2 minutes before saying fuck it. And as we've started skipping more and more content, I'm even less inclined to care about the proceeding content.

Phase 4 just seems...boring? Directionless?

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I dunno, I think the arc in Wandavision - Loki - No Way Home - Strange 2 tells a pretty epic story, on paper. It certainly doesnt have a tenth of the emotional weight of the Infinity War saga, as its played out here, but it seems like a big story in principle, a lot happened.

But as a story, it suffers a lot from not having a Thanos.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Well they have Kang, but it'll probably take a couple phases to set him up, it took two for Thanos(phase 1 doesn't really count other than avengers 1), not sure people are excited to see him as they were for Thanos though. Plus all the multiverse work is being done through Dr Strange, Kang is only going to show up in Loki and Antman so far.
Phase 4 will suck because it doesn't have an avengers movie to bookend it, plus half the stuff so far is just side stories that have nothing to do with the main arc, falcon, hawkeye, black widow, shang chi, eternals, moon knight, ms marvel, she-hulk, looks more like the replacements setup for avengers in phase 5.
The back half of the movies might hint/deal with it more, thor, guardians, marvels, F4, overall just feels diluted and not at all as epic as phase 2 or 3 were, but maybe a slight chance the upcoming movies can change that, especially now that they know fans feel like this ship has no course.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
wait phase 4 is ending? I literally can't think of anything important that has happened across half a dozen boring D+ shows and a few movies that didn't really matter at all

I know they really can't go back and be like Phase 1, but this is essentially that for the next Big Thing. And remember that Phase 1 was a bunch of origins, and then The Avengers, which was just built from More Thor Villain + the 90 seconds that followed the other 3 origin movies, and Thanos was only a mid credit scene in that.

I don't if we get a big team up to cap this phase off, or maybe the Guardians 3 send off will be where it ends? But there is certainly enough meat in introducing members of the Young Avengers across TV shows, a whole bunch of cosmic shit, and the fracturing of "The Sacred Timeline" to give us a big movie with Phase 5/6s big bad to be introduced in it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Phase 4 was an incoherent mess. no direction, no payoff, no purpose. just a bunch of shit that happened. mostly female and diversity switcheroo centric storylines. cant wait for phase 5 where they switcheroo the switcheroos

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well they have Kang, but it'll probably take a couple phases to set him up, it took two for Thanos(phase 1 doesn't really count other than avengers 1), not sure people are excited to see him as they were for Thanos though. Plus all the multiverse work is being done through Dr Strange, Kang is only going to show up in Loki and Antman so far.
Phase 4 will suck because it doesn't have an avengers movie to bookend it, plus half the stuff so far is just side stories that have nothing to do with the main arc, falcon, hawkeye, black widow, shang chi, eternals, moon knight, ms marvel, she-hulk, looks more like the replacements setup for avengers in phase 5.
The back half of the movies might hint/deal with it more, thor, guardians, marvels, F4, overall just feels diluted and not at all as epic as phase 2 or 3 were, but maybe a slight chance the upcoming movies can change that, especially now that they know fans feel like this ship has no course.
Are they using Kang?

Because if I was doing THREE multiverse movies in a row (Spiderman 3, Dr Strange 2, Ant Man 3), I would be hinting at him in all three.

So far we have had two of those movies and no hints. He could just be for Loki Season 2 and that's it.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Kang The Conqueror is in Antman Quantumania. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Loki Kang as different however by making it Immortus or Kang Prime in the new reality

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
There are too many reasons why Phase 4 was a dud to list off the top of my head:

No clear planning for Phase 4 pre-Endgame, other than 'We'll make some TV shows!'
Covid delays and disruptions.
Mediocre scripts and directors in Phase 4.
Steep drop-off in actor charisma from previous phases. Seriously, Phase 4 had Yelena (Black Widow's sister) and, um, Owen Wilson?
Moving to the comics' phase of 'Replace all the straight white men!' (you know, your original audience), which is working as well as it worked there.
Exhaustion of known comics characters - we're down to the likes of Shang-Chi. (Honestly, even I would argue this one - nearly no one had heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and those made a bajillion dollars.)
Too much focus on multiverse - when the universe next door is still fine, what are the stakes?
Endgame was frankly too good a stopping point. Combine with Covid timing and frankly there was no better time, in possibly any media franchise ever, to hop off.

Was discussing with a coworker of mine the other day, and out of Phase 4, Yelena and parts of What If? were pretty good? I guess I liked the Malcolm in the Middle episode of WandaVision, and the variant Lokis were pretty good, but that's it for how many movies and TV shows over those years?

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Phase 4 had a lot of issues but it also has some quality stuff. The flaws were built on a shitty vision and bad writing. Hawkeye was great. MoonKnight was really good. Loki and Falcon/WS had flashes of great potential but failed due to SJW decisions. I could have taken the bones they had in F/WS and turned out something really good. Bucky, Zemo, US Agent and Madame Hydra were great tools to work with.

Eternals blew. Shang Chi failed to connect. Wanda Vision spent too much time on Darcy and Rambeau.