Marvel Universe stuff

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There are too many reasons why Phase 4 was a dud to list off the top of my head:

Exhaustion of known comics characters - we're down to the likes of Shang-Chi. (Honestly, even I would argue this one - nearly no one had heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and those made a bajillion dollars.)
Too much focus on multiverse - when the universe next door is still fine, what are the stakes?

Not sure if you know how many comic characters there are, but we're nowhere near exhausting them. Shang-Chi was just them checking the Asian diversity box. And obviously Kang being the next big bad is why there's so much multiverse focus. Agree with pretty much everything else

Phase 4 had a lot of issues but it also has some quality stuff. The flaws were built on a shitty vision and bad writing. Hawkeye was great. MoonKnight was really good. Loki and Falcon/WS had flashes of great potential but failed due to SJW decisions. I could have taken the bones they had in F/WS and turned out something really good. Bucky, Zemo, US Agent and Madame Hydra were great tools to work with.

Eternals blew. Shang Chi failed to connect. Wanda Vision spent too much time on Darcy and Rambeau.

Falcon and Winter Soldier would still have been shit even without the SJW nonsense. It was just so boring, meaningless, and forgettable

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure if you know how many comic characters there are, but we're nowhere near exhausting them. Shang-Chi was just them checking the Asian diversity box. And obviously Kang being the next big bad is why there's so much multiverse focus. Agree with pretty much everything else

Falcon and Winter Soldier would still have been shit even without the SJW nonsense. It was just so boring, meaningless, and forgettable
Keep Falcon as a sidekick to Bucky and give WS Cap's shield. Mix in a redemption arc involving Zemo and US Agent. Remove all the trash "poor pepo" shit and instead use Hydra resurgent as the main story villain.

Money.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Keep Falcon as a sidekick to Bucky and give WS Cap's shield. Mix in a redemption arc involving Zemo and US Agent. Remove all the trash "poor pepo" shit and instead use Hydra resurgent as the main story villain.

Money.
its too late, you cant take away a title like Cap from a black man again. even if Falcon were to willingly hand over the shield to Bucky, it would still be looked at as some kind of uncle tom gesture. Falcon's only choices are to die and then Buck takes the shield off his corpse or another black dude takes the shield. or Bucky makes his own shield as well as finds a way to keep his arm from being deactivated by Wakanda.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Money.

MCU Bucky is not fit to carry the shield. There's nothing wrong with Falcon as the new Cap, they just chose to go in an incredible cringeworthy race-pimping direction for a big chunk of the story and then wrote it poorly on top of that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
MCU Bucky is not fit to carry the shield. There's nothing wrong with Falcon as the new Cap, they just chose to go in an incredible cringeworthy race-pimping direction for a big chunk of the story and then wrote it poorly on top of that.

Mackey just sucks. Look at how awful his speech was, and compare it to when Cap gave the speech before their started their "time heist" in Endgame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Mackey mostly works fine when he's being Will Smith Lite and not trying to be dramatic. Dude has no range and should just be making the quips and shit.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mackey is fine. Not even Denzel could have delivered that godawful writing well.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There should just not be a Captain America if they're going to be such a massive downgrade as Rogers -> Wilson

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
But America needs its symbol!
America can already has a black Capt America...

Screenshot_20220624-230359_Twitter.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Disney has a new Wish cruise line or some shit and this plays during one of the event things, talking about why Ant Man didn't shrink and go into Thanos' butt. Sadly Wasp interrupts him

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looks like we have Wonder Man coming to Disney+View attachment 417587
We could only be so lucky that Fillion gets cast as Simon.

Wonder Man, eh?

Who will be his diverse female sidekick who is smarter and funnier and fights better than he does?

wait phase 4 is ending? I literally can't think of anything important that has happened across half a dozen boring D+ shows and a few movies that didn't really matter at all

To me Phase 4 is just sort of a "random shit" cooldown phase after Thanos. I assume Phase 5 (and 6?) are going to have a lot more direction once the villain takes shape. The impression I'm getting is that Kang is going to be the Big Bad in a lot of movies, rather than just being saved for big end-of-phase event movies. They could have different versions of Kang showing up all over the place, with one central strongest-Kang as the overarching antagonist. So he'll be a lot more involved than Thanos ever was, and I think once that gets going, P5 (and 6?) will be a lot more interesting than what we've gotten in the last few years. They had to set up the whole multiverse thing first.

I was going to say that it seems like they too heavily relied on television shows for phase 4, but I went back through what the other phases consisted of, and I was kind of underwhelmed. It kind of makes me think I was overrating the previous films just because they culminated into something awesome.

I've kind of checked out of the MCU though so I don't know that I even care about continuing.

Phase 4 just seems...boring? Directionless?

Yeah, I think we all overrated the previous films because of their culmination. We're looking at them as chapters of a tremendous book, with the hindsight of knowing what the full story arcs were trying to tell us.

P4 by comparison seems boring and directionless because it doesn't seem like it's building to anything, it seems like it's coasting on previous successes.

I'm also mostly checked out of the MCU. They could win me back if the Kang stuff gets going soon and is done in an interesting way. Not real enthused to see Thor at this point. I'll watch Ant Man, mainly in the hopes that Kang shows up and brutally murders him and Wasp.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Comments paint the new Thor as being in the 5-7 range while the reviewers gargling Disney's nuts put it at 8-9 because it has Marvel stamped on it.

Juvarisx

Florida
Man, never would I have thought that a Taika Waititi film would have middling reviews (70's on RT is bad for him), what is going on with the MCU. Re4gardless I think it looks good enough to go see. Lady Thor doesnt bother me in the least, and even if Hemsworth and Portman don't have chemistry I like him in that role. Plus Bale will be acting circles around them, so hey why not. I never like or dislike these movies as much as most, I mostly think they are fine unless they are doing something very different from other comic movies (see Winter Solider or Ragnarok)

Last edited:

fris

Vyemm Raider
"if you like Ragnarok, then you'll probably like this this is Ragnarok turned up to 11"

I'm guessing a lot of how it felt while Thor was exploring Sakaar

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"if you like Ragnarok, then you'll probably like this this is Ragnarok turned up to 11"
I don't want Ragnarok turned up to 11 though. Ragnarok had a very delicate mix of comedy and seriousness and it wouldn't have taken much to ruin the movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am just gonna watch it myself and make my own decision. I can't even trust people here on their reviews cuz the of the anti-Disney shit. Truthfully I just went to be entertained and I don't watch just to find shit to hate on. I mean I enjoyed Doc Strange 2 as much as No Way Home. No Way Home is only really held up by the nostalgia factor imo.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users