Marvel Universe stuff

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I hope Captain America 4 is the direct inverse in terms on quality that The Winter Soldier was.
I want laughably bad, not this sad bad. Sad bad is the wrong kind of bad.
Schlock is better than political social pandering.
Like Aquaman awesomely bad? If it was that I might actually watch it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yes let’s suggest ways we can reward these asshats for making shit content in the name of lols

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Red Hulk Wallpapers - Top Free Red Hulk Backgrounds - WallpaperAccess

Juvarisx

Florida
I mean its hard to hate that trailer, its essentially what Winter Soldier did being a more "grounded" espionage film.

1720797112693.png

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that looks Harrison Ford heavy. like they are hinging the success of this movie on an 80 year old man with no super powers over a black superhero with no superpowers. i guess red hulk is why regular hulk comes back, its not like Captain Black America can fight him. fucking bullshit Cap movie is going to turn into a Hulk movie.

• 1Worf

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean its hard to hate that trailer, its essentially what Winter Soldier did being a more "grounded" espionage film.

I don’t find it hard at all to hate captain diversity hire.

Why would they release a film like this in February?

Juvarisx

Florida
that looks Harrison Ford heavy. like they are hinging the success of this movie on an 80 year old man with no super powers over a black superhero with no superpowers. i guess red hulk is why regular hulk comes back, its not like Captain Black America can fight him. fucking bullshit Cap movie is going to turn into a Hulk movie.

I am not following how Thaddeus Ross has no powers? Or does Bruce Banner not have em either? Also this from the get go was going to be heavy Hulk related with Samuel Sterns, Betty Ross and Sabra. Plus apparently there is Serpent Society in this. Will CA beat Hulk in this? I mean no not really, this leads right into Thunderbolts, it seems to be more or a transitional film unless they stop cameoing Abomination and actually use him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am not following how Thaddeus Ross has no powers? Or does Bruce Banner not have em either? Also this from the get go was going to be heavy Hulk related with Samuel Sterns, Betty Ross and Sabra. Plus apparently there is Serpent Society in this
If he has powers other than the obvious political power, then he doesn't need Captain Black America. He also never had powers before. So unless I read the comic books i shouldn't be expecting movie Ross to have them. Also why didn't they bring back Sam Elliot as Ross?

Juvarisx

Florida
If he has powers other than the obvious political power, then he doesn't need Captain Black America. He also never had powers before. So unless I read the comic books he shouldn't be expecting movie Ross to have them. Also why didn't they bring back Sam Elliot as Ross?

Thaddeus Ross was William Hurt who died. Harrison Ford took over the role, the nod to the audience was the mustache being gone line. He will be Red Hulk which is accurate. Thats the whole Thunderbolts group which Julia-Louis-Dreyfus is setting up on his behest with Winter Solider, Ghost, US Agent who took the Captain America syrum (Wyatt Russel), Yelena who is a Black Widow and her sister (Florence Pugh), Red Guardian which is Russian Captain America (David Harbor), Taskmaster, Sentry, and Red Hulk (Harrison Ford) leading his "Dark Avengers" or whatever you want to call them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Captin America is actually going to be Hulk vs Hulk with a side order of jogger? This makes me lol.

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider
I wish I could know how I'd react to that trailer without having seen Falcon and the Winter Soldier. That show completely poisoned the Sam Wilson character for me, and I don't think Mackie has the star quality to pull me back in.

Agree with Juvarisx Juvarisx on the tone, though. That said, I remember the original Black Widow trailer having a similar espionage thriller type-tone and that movie went straight to hell.

Juvarisx

Florida
Captin America is actually going to be Hulk vs Hulk with a side order of jogger? This makes me lol.

Hulk isnt in this, this is the audience being introduced to the new story line now that Kang had to get snapped. This will culminate in a Avengers vs Dark Avengers thing in the next Avengers film likely. They have 5 (?) super soldiers depending on how accurate they make Sentry in Thunderbolts. Eventually they are going to have to do something with Mackie's character if they want to keep him up because the only reason he didnt die in the TV show was Bucky.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Its sad because in Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, Sam was awesome. a Perfect human with a suit to be useful as a loyal friend of Cap. But one that is clearly outmatched in higher combat. Had he stayed that we would all love him. MAckie and Evans had great chemistry. "on your left" in endgame is one of the best moments in the MCU. But the push into Captain America was poorly done even if it is true to comics. But they learned in the comics, you cant replace Cap, the super soldier hero leader of the avengers, who goes toe to toe with Thanos, with a normal guy with a jetpack. it just doesnt work. Superhero movies without superheros dont work. See Black Widow. Sam wasnt even like special forces or a top operative, dude was like working at the VA after a tour overseas and did some test piloting on his suit.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Also we get Cap went back in time and lived out his life with Peggy, and showed up at the end of Endgame as an old man. But he isnt dead. Shouldnt he still be mentoring Sam? OR having a prescence. marvel has failed at having a real world look of how the avengers would interact after tonys death.

Hulk is nowhere to be seen other than being made afool by She Hulk. Cap is alive and no one see him. An alien erupted from the planet and no one has said a word about it. I know that one is part of this movbies plot, but they just churned out too much shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
its hilarious they are putting this out on valentines day. the other movie opening that weekend will be Bridget Jones 4

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thaddeus Ross was William Hurt who died. Harrison Ford took over the role, the nod to the audience was the mustache being gone line. He will be Red Hulk which is accurate. Thats the whole Thunderbolts group which Julia-Louis-Dreyfus is setting up on his behest with Winter Solider, Ghost, US Agent who took the Captain America syrum (Wyatt Russel), Yelena who is a Black Widow and her sister (Florence Pugh), Red Guardian which is Russian Captain America (David Harbor), Taskmaster, Sentry, and Red Hulk (Harrison Ford) leading his "Dark Avengers" or whatever you want to call them.
I know William Hurt died. But before the MCU, there was Ang Lee's hulk. Ross was played by Sam Elliot. I didn't know Ross was red hulk. I never read hulk comics as a kid. I also know who those shit tier D+ villains are. But again, if Ross has red hulk powers, he doesn't need Captain Black America. And yeah, this is a straight up hulk movie.

Juvarisx

Florida
Also we get Cap went back in time and lived out his life with Peggy, and showed up at the end of Endgame as an old man. But he isnt dead. Shouldnt he still be mentoring Sam? OR having a prescence. marvel has failed at having a real world look of how the avengers would interact after tonys death.

Hulk is nowhere to be seen other than being made afool by She Hulk. Cap is alive and no one see him. An alien erupted from the planet and no one has said a word about it. I know that one is part of this movbies plot, but they just churned out too much shit.

Bingo. Some stuff will be hand waved away which is okay. Eternals just wasnt good and you cant really do a Celestial storyline atm so just drop it with a fun call back about the one in the ocean which they did in She Hulk apparently ( I didnt see it)

1720799748005.png

Like none of the stuff Ego did in Guardians two on Earth was ever mentioned again. It happens.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Bingo. Some stuff will be hand waved away which is okay. Eternals just wasnt good and you cant really do a Celestial storyline atm so just drop it with a fun call back about the one in the ocean which they did in She Hulk apparently ( I didnt see it)

View attachment 536282

Like none of the stuff Ego did in Guardians two on Earth was ever mentioned again. It happens.

Im good with some things being dropped, and with Kang out they have to shuffle, but I know they are going to fuck this up bad. They were too far down a hole of habing no direction even with Kang, then having to completely change the whole path is wild.

I mean isnt the whole point of Shang Chi that he has rings from Kang? They arent going to drop that character, so now what?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hulk isnt in this, this is the audience being introduced to the new story line now that Kang had to get snapped. This will culminate in a Avengers vs Dark Avengers thing in the next Avengers film likely. They have 5 (?) super soldiers depending on how accurate they make Sentry in Thunderbolts. Eventually they are going to have to do something with Mackie's character if they want to keep him up because the only reason he didnt die in the TV show was Bucky.
Ruffalo opened up about his journey as the Hulk while speaking at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. “…I’ve gotten to say a lot in that work — a lot of personal things, oddly enough, in a superhero movie,” Ruffalo said.

The actor went on to describe his own creative involvement in the MCU. “Yeah, I mean, [Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said], ‘What would you like to do?’ And he said, ‘What would you do if you had a stand-alone Hulk movie?'” Ruffalo recalled. “And I said, ‘Well, I’d like to take him from this raging maniac to kinda this integrated character.’ And he’s like, ‘Okay, we’ll do that over the course of four movies. We’ll never give you a stand-alone Hulk…’ I don’t mean to burst anyone’s bubble, but that’s not happening.”

Ruffalo added that, as far as he knows, there are still no plans for a new solo Hulk movie. “I mean, I could talk more about it, but I’ve been told not to,” he explained. The actor then affirmed that his next MCU appearance would be in next year’s Captain America: Brave New World. “It’s gonna be great,” Ruffalo said.

It’s unsurprising that Ruffalo would reprise his role as Bruce Banner in the upcoming Captain America sequel. After all, the film is already expected to feature plenty of Hulk lore. For instance, The Incredible Hulk alums Tim Blake Nelson and Liv Tyler are attached to reprise their roles as the Leader and Betty Ross, respectively. Additionally, Harrison Ford will star as Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, taking over the role for late Incredible Hulk star William Hurt. Anthony Mackie leads the film as Sam Wilson/Captain America.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users