Marvel Universe stuff

Juvarisx

Florida
I know William Hurt died. But before the MCU, there was Ang Lee's hulk. Ross was played by Sam Elliot. I didn't know Ross was red hulk. I never read hulk comics as a kid. I also know who those shit tier D+ villains are. But again, if Ross has red hulk powers, he doesn't need Captain Black America. And yeah, this is a straight up hulk movie.

Ang Lee Hulk is a solo Universal Studio s property (its also a pretty okay roller coaster in Florida). If you havent watch "The Incredible Hulk", its the first MCU movie pre Iron Man with Edward Norton as Bruce Banner before being recast to Mark Ruffalo. William Hurt is Thaddeus in that and has Tim Blake Nelson who will be in this, Liv Tyler as Betty who is in this, and the bad guy is Abomination played by Tim Roth whose most recent cameo that I can remember was in Sang Chi. Its really not bad, I liked Norton in it, it just wasnt going to work out with him as an actor to do a cinematic universe thing with him.

As for Hulk being in this, I had not heard that, its not on the wiki but atleast then Red Hulk will have an actual fight on his hands if its accurate.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It's not like Cap 3 was a Captain America movie either.
You mean the movie whose entire Plot is Cap trying to save his friend while juggling his loyalty to that friend and Tony Stark, and how Cap forgoes his role as Captain America and leaves the avengers to go underground as Steve Rogers with his crew to escape the Sokovia accords. Thats not a cap movie?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ang Lee Hulk is a solo Universal Studio s property (its also a pretty okay roller coaster in Florida). If you havent watch "The Incredible Hulk", its the first MCU movie pre Iron Man with Edward Norton as Bruce Banner before being recast to Mark Ruffalo. William Hurt is Thaddeus in that and has Tim Blake Nelson who will be in this, Liv Tyler as Betty who is in this, and the bad guy is Abomination played by Tim Roth whose most recent cameo that I can remember was in Sang Chi. Its really not bad, I liked Norton in it, it just wasnt going to work out with him as an actor to do a cinematic universe thing with him
yes, i know all of that. i saw both Hulk movies in the theater. i'll just say this one last time. why didnt they get Sam Elliot to reprise his Ross role since they cant use Hurt anymore? Elliot can play an MCU character even if he starred as a non Disney Marvel character. ya know, like Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans have done.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You mean the movie whose entire Plot is Cap trying to save his friend while juggling his loyalty to that friend and Tony Stark, and how Cap forgoes his role as Captain America and leaves the avengers to go underground as Steve Rogers with his crew to escape the Sokovia accords. Thats not a cap movie?
I'm far from the first person to call it Avengers 2.5, Cap is a framing device for the Avengers falling apart. I don't mean it as criticism of the movie.

Juvarisx

Florida
yes, i know all of that. i saw both Hulk movies in the theater. i'll just say this one last time. why didnt they get Sam Elliot to reprise his Ross role since they cant use Hurt anymore? Elliot can play an MCU character even if he starred as a non Disney Marvel character. ya know, like Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans have done.

Got it. No clue, Elliot is under two years younger so age wise its a wash, my guess is he wanted to do a MCU character and Disney likes him. Or maybe Sam Elliot didnt want to reprise the role or didnt want to commit to multiple movies or fucked someones mom for all we know. Ford is fine when he isnt playing back a chatacter from the 80's which makes him bored and do it for the money. He atleast looks like he is trying for this.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
From a pure money making standpoint, Ford makes so much more sense. Shit, Hes the star of this basically. with wak as Sam as a lead I dont blame them for going all in on Ross and getting a big name to play him. Even with how shitty the recent Indiana Jones was, and bow BAd Star wars is now, etc, hes still a mega star.

Juvarisx

Florida
Im good with some things being dropped, and with Kang out they have to shuffle, but I know they are going to fuck this up bad. They were too far down a hole of habing no direction even with Kang, then having to completely change the whole path is wild.

I mean isnt the whole point of Shang Chi that he has rings from Kang? They arent going to drop that character, so now what?

Was browsing around, looks like they will deal with one of the unresolved storylines (Eternals Celestial thing)

1720802767545.png

Appears to be its thumb or hand or whatever. They wont drop Sang Chi, like the character wasn't bad, and I kinda liked the movie till the stupid ending....I would have to re-watch if they indicated the rings came from Kang at any point or they will just change it from the comics.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was browsing around, looks like they will deal with one of the unresolved storylines (Eternals Celestial thing)

View attachment 536286

Appears to be its thumb or hand or whatever. They wont drop Sang Chi, like the character wasn't bad, and I kinda liked the movie till the stupid ending....I would have to re-watch if they indicated the rings came from Kang at any point or they will just change it from the comics.

Yeah, think Tiamat Island is supposed to be a source for some new/rare materials (something adamantium-ish, if not actually adamantium).

Juvarisx

Florida
It will be actual Adamantium

Yea and there will be a teaser with William Striker at the end or something I am sure. They have been teeing up mutants so far with Ms. Marvel, Namor, maybe Mister Immortal, and whatever they do with Wiccan and Speed, this is an easy way to get Wolverine going.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think their biggest problem was that Chris Evans straight up told them he was done and not going cap anymore. Forcing them to pull the trigger on a storyline passing of the shield, or just recast and hand wave things (like the change to Harrison Ford).

I have a feeling is Chris Evans even hinted he would be willing to take the shield back up they'd bring him back in. They even have the storyline/plot device to do it easily. (In Endgame when they were attempting time travel and instead of pushing Scott Lang through time they "pushed time through Scott Lang" turning him into a baby... Just drop in old cap , push a few buttons... sap away 40 years and BAM.

But the problem is with the original Marvel movies (and I've spent far too much time talking to myself about this in the shower, but that's another story) is that they caught the lightning in a golden money shitting goose. They had some people making the films that honestly loved the source material (Jon Faverau on IM1 for instance), and they struck gold with generationally good casting decisions (RJD, Chris Evans, Hemsworth, ScarJo, even Benadryl Cumberbund as Dr Strange...). They then stuck to making movies out of comics and printed cash. Then they decided to walk away from all that when it came time to try to keep the train rolling with new faces. And we ended up with some outright bad casting (Brie McFlatass as Captain Marvel), bad overall direction (Feige stating he's creating the "MSheU"), and horrible writing (She Hulk writers who were openly proud of never having read any of the original best She Hulk source material?!?!?! Then literally made it so that the "real villainy" was anybody who disagreed with them.)

And what's worse is we'll watch this new Capt America movie (or I'll say others will watch as I don't have a desire/plan to yet) and in the back of our heads there will be the echos of "This would be so much better if at least they had a proper and real Captain America in it.."

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
New Cap trailer was pure trash. Teasing General Ross as a shit bait to get people back.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think their biggest problem was that Chris Evans straight up told them he was done and not going cap anymore. Forcing them to pull the trigger on a storyline passing of the shield, or just recast and hand wave things (like the change to Harrison Ford).

I have a feeling is Chris Evans even hinted he would be willing to take the shield back up they'd bring him back in. They even have the storyline/plot device to do it easily. (In Endgame when they were attempting time travel and instead of pushing Scott Lang through time they "pushed time through Scott Lang" turning him into a baby... Just drop in old cap , push a few buttons... sap away 40 years and BAM.

But the problem is with the original Marvel movies (and I've spent far too much time talking to myself about this in the shower, but that's another story) is that they caught the lightning in a golden money shitting goose. They had some people making the films that honestly loved the source material (Jon Faverau on IM1 for instance), and they struck gold with generationally good casting decisions (RJD, Chris Evans, Hemsworth, ScarJo, even Benadryl Cumberbund as Dr Strange...). They then stuck to making movies out of comics and printed cash. Then they decided to walk away from all that when it came time to try to keep the train rolling with new faces. And we ended up with some outright bad casting (Brie McFlatass as Captain Marvel), bad overall direction (Feige stating he's creating the "MSheU"), and horrible writing (She Hulk writers who were openly proud of never having read any of the original best She Hulk source material?!?!?! Then literally made it so that the "real villainy" was anybody who disagreed with them.)

And what's worse is we'll watch this new Capt America movie (or I'll say others will watch as I don't have a desire/plan to yet) and in the back of our heads there will be the echos of "This would be so much better if at least they had a proper and real Captain America in it.."
I mean this is a storyline in the comics from 10 years ago at least. It’s not because of Evans..

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I mean this is a storyline in the comics from 10 years ago at least. It’s not because of Evans..

I'm saying that when Evans bowed out it forced their hand into who would be Cap moving forward, which forced their hand on which stories they could easily run with...

Know anybody who wouldn't prefer another movie on the caliber of Winter Soldier? Know anybody who thinks this will even approach that?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don’t find it hard at all to hate captain diversity hire.

Why would they release a film like this in February?
The long-held acceptable release windows for blockbuster buster movies has basically been removed. Black panther and Deadpool were both released in February. Entirely unsurprising when you consider it makes way more sense to release against less competition than more. They also needed to get this out before the Thunderbolts movie a few months later.

Only January really remains as a dead zone for blockbuster releases.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
At least on paper, Fantastic Four, Thunderbolts, and Blade are all going to be released in 2025 as well (so you need some spacing between films), and given the apparent massive size of the rewrites and reshoots that this movie has had, it is hard to imagine Captain Falcon's enemies don't factor into those movies, such that CF has to release before the rest of those films.

Edit: And yes, there have been successful releases in February, notably Deadpool 1. Everyone has seen the big Christmas releases by that point, and you can still get some legs before the summer blockbusters release in bulk.

spronk

FPS noob
I don’t find it hard at all to hate captain diversity hire.

black history month

"celebrate black history by buying a ticket to Captain America 4" will get a lot of stupid white bitches and their soy bois

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
so the plot of captain america 4 is someone attempts to assassinate the president and he turns into a giant red monster, right

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users