Marvel Universe stuff

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
At least they are finally making a movie Im interested in seeing. But will it be decent is the question..

Can't be any worse than black Johnny Storm and ugly Kate Mara.

And Pascal is Castille Spanish, not an abo. I bet they still check some sort of diversity box off with him even though he's white European.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

And Pascal is Castille Spanish, not an abo. I bet they still check some sort of diversity box off with him even though he's white European.

Many there are I'm guessing. I noticed Chile is on visa waivers as the only "Latin American" country, and it's a very very short list to begin with.

1721931094362.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dont hate the player hate the game.
I really don't understand why actors do this. On one hand you get all these scripts shoved in your face and for a few years you get a huge chunk of money deposited in your bank account. Then everyone gets sick of seeing you in everything and start to cringe when your name is mentioned in the cast. To the point where people stop going to see your movies and you end up getting a soft blacklist from future roles.

What's better. Cashing in now and then ending your career early or working steady 30 years on a modest income and picking only the good roles to appear in? Something similar happened to Jude Law 20 years ago. He appeared in a ton of films over the course of a few years and then he was just tossed the fuck out when people got sick of his face. I'm sure he's still doing stuff now, but not to the degree he was back then.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

They don't know the difference.

Spanish = brown

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Spaniards are as white as italians, Portuguese ,Greeks or French. They are all technically Latino too.

Because Latino is based on nationality not race. It's just generally accepted here that most latinos have some aboriginal in them.

People will consider native Americans Latinos when they are not.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Latino is a nonsense term, as is hispanic.

White spanish are... white. People who are descendents of spanish who mixed with natives in central/south america are mestizo, a relatively new group similar to mulatto african/white mixes.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spaniards are as white as italians, Portuguese ,Greeks or French. They are all technically Latino too.
You'll find that progressives use KKK rules for race, like the one drop rule. So southern europe isn't white to them.

Yes. I consider myself Mediterranean. Which is fine. Southern euros got a little color in them.but we are all still white.
You'll have too much arab and jew in you for that sorry :)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You'll find that progressives use KKK rules for race, like the one drop rule. So southern europe isn't white to them.

You'll have too much arab and jew in you for that sorry :)
must be one of those Tarantino history lessons. i wouldnt mind dating arab chicks, as long as they dont wear one of those garbage bags and didnt get their pussies cut off for allah.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I doubt Pedro is full white spanish, but I'll grant he might be majority white. So you can modify to 65%.
Well I'm more confused now since I assumed you had Pascal as a full non-white. Are you counting German Jewish ancestry as non-white? Ebon doesn't strike me as non white. It can't be Quinn or Kirby.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well I'm more confused now since I assumed you had Pascal as a full non-white. Are you counting German Jewish ancestry as non-white? Ebon doesn't strike me as non white. It can't be Quinn or Kirby.

Yes Ebon is Jewish, not white.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Why the picard? Is white just a skin color?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why the picard? Is white just a skin color?
Honestly, in a lot of ways it is given the way race tends to get defined, judged and used in society. That said, it's a long topic not appropriate for this thread, but the picard was pointed towards the idea of race being an objective or biological classification (what's white or not white has undergone many redefinitions throughout the years, same for a lot of races).

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
started filming today

they will subvert your expectations, nstead of turning actually invisible, Sue Storm will become a dark skinned black lady and everyone will pretend she isn't there and she will stare at the camera and say "NOW I AM INVISIBLE IN SOCIETY AS A BLACK WOMAN"

Ben Grimm as the Thing

grimm.jpg