Marvel Universe stuff

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I mean, it leans into the Phase 2-ish memes of Stark being the cause of all their problems to make Doom a Stark variant...

but they already had Ultron based on Tony's brainwaves, and did virtually nothing with it.

(And as others have pointed out, if the ongoing profitability of these things is in question, writing giant checks to RDJ won't help.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
6a00d8341bf74053ef0240a480d36f200d-600wi.png

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Whyyyyyyyyy? Fucking Disney. So many other actors could have played better Doom than him. He was awesome as Ironman but come on. You need someone serious to play Doom and I just can’t see him pulling off that role. Only thing pops on my mind this Doom is from an alternate universe (Earth 11029) where Tony Starks is Doom. More of that multiverse nonsense that Disney is milking the shit out of.
He will ONLY be alternate earth doom I bet
Same as the female Silver surfer

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah it's going to be more multiverse shit.

Seems like a lazy crutch to handwave the need for stories which make sense and cameos which make sense.

But you know what? That's true to the comics.

Marvel went from me automatically watching side films like Antman 2, to waiting for reviews for their main crossovers. It's sad.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Funny thing is RDJ would have made an absolutely perfect Kang - in the comics he looks exactly like RDJ

Since Dooms all disfigured like Vader, they should be free to pick some lesser known actor, because if they did it right you wouldnt see the actors normal face anyway.

But theyve cast a white male actor for a white male role - we should be grateful.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Why would him as doom even matter? Doesn't he always wear a mask and have a robot voice? It's like Darth Vader. No one even knows who the actor is. Seems pretty stupid.
That could be a selling point for getting him in the movie at a discount. He only has to do like 3 days on set then some booth time for voice work, which is easier and takes much less time. It's also possible that they have him outside of the mask for an extended period of time, like the forgettable FF movie(s) from ages ago with Victor Von Doom in it.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Some of the rumors are this will be a Stark variant which I believe takes away from the best storylines that most people are familiar with when it comes to Doom. I'm not saying it can't/won't work and I certainly love RDJ but I just don't think it was necessary and I think it will be only half as good as Doom could be as a character.

I would have rather Doom be cast as someone else and then they work some way for Ironman to come back and he team up with Mr. Fantastic to take on Doom. Maybe they could have executed a better version of the Illumanti that way as well.

Anyway... I'm here for it but I'll be real curious how they make this work.

Juvarisx

Florida
this is apparently the only guy with a modicum of acting talent in the DEI space so he gets snatched up on everything

In what world was Giancarlo Esposito ever in the DEI space? Or are you saying DEI is code for something else? If that's the case just be honest and say it. If having him play a minor member of the Serpent Society in one movie where he will very like die is a DEI hire then all your whining is pointless.

As for RDJ. Marvel broke the emergency glass and they reduced Doom to being only ever in at max two films, since they literally cant afford to pay RDJ outside of Avengers films. Hope you didn't want to see him in an F4 sequel, cause they cant recast him or people are going to be like "hey I came to see RDJ, he's not in this unsubscribe" Its uninsipired and boring, and it wont even be Infamous Iron man which could have been somewhat interesting.

Oooooooooooo Tony Stark variant with a even eviler goatee. If you think they are spending all those Marvel bucks to hide him behind a mask with a voice mod, you are out of your mind.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I have seen a couple shorts that repeat a point I think is very important;

Announcing RDJ as Doctor Doom, instead of it being a complete shock reveal in a movie, reeks of desperation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
I have seen a couple shorts that repeat a point I think is very important;

Announcing RDJ as Doctor Doom, instead of it being a complete shock reveal in a movie, reeks of desperation.

Yep, and they have proved they can hide it with Gambit, Blade, X-23 and Electra.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
In what world was Giancarlo Esposito ever in the DEI space? Or are you saying DEI is code for something else? If that's the case just be honest and say it. If having him play a minor member of the Serpent Society in one movie where he will very like die is a DEI hire then all your whining is pointless.

As for RDJ. Marvel broke the emergency glass and they reduced Doom to being only ever in at max two films, since they literally cant afford to pay RDJ outside of Avengers films. Hope you didn't want to see him in an F4 sequel, cause they cant recast him or people are going to be like "hey I came to see RDJ, he's not in this unsubscribe" Its uninsipired and boring, and it wont even be Infamous Iron man which could have been somewhat interesting.

Oooooooooooo Tony Stark variant with a even eviler goatee. If you think they are spending all those Marvel bucks to hide him behind a mask with a voice mod, you are out of your mind.

GE or Pablo Pascal are literally in every single movie or show - I don’t think he’s wrong: his point is DEI is huge, yet they only hire the same 3 actors

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
all 3 were leaked or in trailers long ago

There were so many "leaks" for that film, if they were I had no idea nor the amount of screentime they would get. And I pay attention more or less. If I didnt even catch the other then Electra since the trades revealed that, general audiences would have gone bananas at RDJ being a surprise Doom variant. And they could have done it. It still would have been dumb, and I am agreeing with you this is desperate as fuuuuuuuuuuck. Oh well maybe they wont fuck up the F4 vs Galactus film or Thunderbolts? IDK I like Wyatt Russell I guess. No plans suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

As for the DEI shit, if you want an emotionless killer role filled, he is easy to go with because he is a personable guy and a great actor that is popular with the audiences. His role is minor and ultimately doesn't matter, and it makes for great trailer fodder. Ill leave it at that, just the DEI shit is starting to grate me since half the time its treated like a bunch of snickering 10 year olds getting away with "You Cant Say That On Television". And I was tired and said fuck em lol.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
There were so many "leaks" for that film, if they were I had no idea nor the amount of screentime they would get. And I pay attention more or less. If I didnt even catch the other then Electra since the trades revealed that, general audiences would have gone bananas at RDJ being a surprise Doom variant. And they could have done it. It still would have been dumb, and I am agreeing with you this is desperate as fuuuuuuuuuuck. Oh well maybe they wont fuck up the F4 vs Galactus film or Thunderbolts? IDK I like Wyatt Russell I guess. No plans suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

As for the DEI shit, if you want an emotionless killer role filled, he is easy to go with because he is a personable guy and a great actor that is popular with the audiences. His role is minor and ultimately doesn't matter, and it makes for great trailer fodder. Ill leave it at that, just the DEI shit is starting to grate me since half the time its treated like a bunch of snickering 10 year olds getting away with "You Cant Say That On Television". And I was tired and said fuck em lol.

Giancarlo is one of the best actors at portraying a villian on the planet.

they are wasting him as a character added during reshoots into a movie that can only be described as “black Captain America fights the white government”

but yeah buddy - ok

• 1Like