Marvel Universe stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm confused. I thought RDJ didn't want to do these movies anymore?

If he was going to come back, why wouldn't they have him reprise the role of Tony Stark?

This is absolutely baffling.

Everyone was excited about Iron Man comeback rumors too. Just seems out of touch with what was anticipated.

spronk

FPS noob
It is dumb but the only possible silver lining I can see is if Secret Wars collapses the multiverse back into a single universe and erases the TVA, multiverse, variants, etc. Just like the multiverse made everything retarded, Secret Wars could basically erase everything after End Game.

Its entirely pointless so I can't really get excited or give a single fuck so whatever, at least we'll get a shit ton of heros in the two Avengers movies all fighting each other on Battle world and shit. and you know RDJ doesn't wanna do Doom for anything other than 2 movies and 2-3 stingers so no goddamn shitty TV show appearances or pointless cameos in movies. you get 3 stingers of Doom in post credits Cap 4, Thunderbolts, and Fantastic Four and thats it.

the first stinger will introduce Victor Von Doom chilling in his castle drinking Hennesey

GTjb-zQWEAAm98g.jpg

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
BTW, the Russos are back along with Mcfeely writing the next two Avengers films
Yeah, it was overshadowed with the RDJ weirdness, but Marvel is pulling out all* the stops to try and get the MCU back on track.

Personally, I'm dubious on the financials longterm - in the post-Covid/strike era, I think tentpoles like Deapdool and Avengers will generate some profit, but everything else will have long odds.

*I say all, but you could argue time - with Doomsday being only 22 months away, I'm not convinced Marvel has the time to clear out all their existing projects and pivot to Doomsday without it feeling rushed (you know, like just ending credit stingers where we find out Giancarlo Esposito and Julia Louis-Dreyfus are working for Doom). Marvel could of course admit Blade is on hiatus, but I have a hard time imagining how Marvel will portray Doom as a major threat when (realistically) the last thing audiences will see before that movie is Galactus.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, it was overshadowed with the RDJ weirdness, but Marvel is pulling out all* the stops to try and get the MCU back on track.

Personally, I'm dubious on the financials longterm - in the post-Covid/strike era, I think tentpoles like Deapdool and Avengers will generate some profit, but everything else will have long odds.

*I say all, but you could argue time - with Doomsday being only 22 months away, I'm not convinced Marvel has the time to clear out all their existing projects and pivot to Doomsday without it feeling rushed (you know, like just ending credit stingers where we find out Giancarlo Esposito and Julia Louis-Dreyfus are working for Doom). Marvel could of course admit Blade is on hiatus, but I have a hard time imagining how Marvel will portray Doom as a major threat when (realistically) the last thing audiences will see before that movie is Galactus.
these people spend all their time reshooting the same movies. they made Captain Black America three times now. Blade will never be finished. they reshot "The Marvels" 4 times probably and it still bombed hard. they will shit something out by the time they need people to see it. it shouldnt be too hard to do if they follow the comics plot and put people in that everyone wants to see. not some sheboon in a Iron Man suit she stole that has cornrows in the helmet.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Actually that makes no sense as Shuri is just some girl tech nerd and not a warrior. The obvious choice is the black gorilla guy or even the bald Zulu chick. They picked girl nerd for narrative reasons, they wanted to make black panther be the black female Iron Man if Iron Heart didn't pan out. They had Rhodey be the black Iron Man but Don Cheadle got old and they didn't know what to do with him, so they crippled him and then turned him into an alien.

exactly: and then the actress went public against woke shit and anti vaccine so they added the kid post production because the only thing more important than having a black girl boss was sucking at Big Pharmas teets. The clear choice was just recasting or using anyone but Shuri. I will give them somewhat of a pass on how bad BP has gone because Boseman was good and then died and they barely knew he was sick. That is the only situation where they had to react rather than self inflicted wounds

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
exactly: and then the actress went public against woke shit and anti vaccine so they added the kid post production because the only thing more important than having a black girl boss was sucking at Big Pharmas teets. The clear choice was just recasting or using anyone but Shuri. I will give them somewhat of a pass on how bad BP has gone because Boseman was good and then died and they barely knew he was sick. That is the only situation where they had to react rather than self inflicted wounds
The gorilla guy was somewhat interesting. More fitting for the role than shuri. They saw Boseman's passing as an opportunity for their agenda to move forward.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Inverse

DEI: Giancarlo is an amazing actor - more importantly he’s a POC. We need to jam him in to a movie for representation ASAP. Let’s not make him a major character because those need to be women or fat trannies, or cast him as an aging manipulator or genius which he plays well, let’s shoehorn him into a C tier character that leads a group no one knows about and never been referenced in a one time post production reshoot addition appearance in our likely biggest flop ever
This.

There are a small number of POC/foreign actors who were good in one movie and are now in everything because they are safe, regardless of if they suit the role or not. If they are in it you know it's going to be shit.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
fantastic four will be in Avengers Doomsday, hopefully if Galactus is in Fantastic Four movie they keep him around and he's not a 1 movie jobber

• 1Barf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you mean the Thunderbolts, they all debuted in the movies.

Edit: My bad, U.S. Agent is the lone Disney+ person.
You mean like US Agent. Kamala Khan and Photon?

Edit.
My bad as well. The Marvel girls aren't in this one, I thought I saw them included. I also thought I saw some other D+ actors in there. Oh well. Still it's lame. They cut Winter Soldier's nuts off and US Agent won't be cool. Don't care about the rest.

Last edited:

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Everyone was excited about Iron Man comeback rumors too. Just seems out of touch with what was anticipated
At the time, people were pretty hyped about the rumor of Tom Cruise playing Superior Iron Man in Multiverse of Madness. They might still pull out something like that if they feel they need to.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have seen a couple shorts that repeat a point I think is very important;

Announcing RDJ as Doctor Doom, instead of it being a complete shock reveal in a movie, reeks of desperation.

They realize they have literally fucked the golden goose to death. Now they're hoping by putting all the parts of the goose back into it's corpse they can get it walking again. Bring back the guys who made the biggest two movie story in history work... bring back some key writers... bring back the guy who they killed off because he was the catalyst of the whole damn thing to begin with...

The problem is if they're going to make the Doom movie something that reinvigorates the franchise, they have to build into it. And they only have two movies to build that momentum with (Thunderbolts and FF), and those have limited wiggle room for new writing talent to step in and make better.

The message I keep wishing that they'd get from Deadpool (and reminding them from how IM1, Capt America, and the initial movies) is simple "Write with reverence and respect for the source material, deliver what the audience wants more than what you want to evangelize to the audience, and it will work".

What I fear is that the lesson they will take from Deadpool is "If we let one movie out of 5 or 6 be fan service that will keep us profitable enough to maintain the shitshow the rest of the time".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They realize they have literally fucked the golden goose to death. Now they're hoping by putting all the parts of the goose back into it's corpse they can get it walking again. Bring back the guys who made the biggest two movie story in history work... bring back some key writers... bring back the guy who they killed off because he was the catalyst of the whole damn thing to begin with...

The problem is if they're going to make the Doom movie something that reinvigorates the franchise, they have to build into it. And they only have two movies to build that momentum with (Thunderbolts and FF), and those have limited wiggle room for new writing talent to step in and make better.

The message I keep wishing that they'd get from Deadpool (and reminding them from how IM1, Capt America, and the initial movies) is simple "Write with reverence and respect for the source material, deliver what the audience wants more than what you want to evangelize to the audience, and it will work".

What I fear is that the lesson they will take from Deadpool is "If we let one movie out of 5 or 6 be fan service that will keep us profitable enough to maintain the shitshow the rest of the time".
It should infuriate people that they could have been making good and fun movies for the last 5 years, but they chose to make woke and subpar shit instead.

• 1Solidarity