Marvel Universe stuff

Juvarisx

Florida
Giancarlo is one of the best actors at portraying a villian on the planet.

they are wasting him as a character added during reshoots into a movie that can only be described as “black Captain America fights the white government”

but yeah buddy - ok

I think we are talking about different things tbh. I was talking down to someone who used him in an example of "DEI space". He is not in DEI space, he is probably the best actor in the film, and as you said one of the best at what he does regardless of race. I am coming from what the term actually means, not whatever its becoming twisted into. Whatever the movie turns out to be or not, he himself is not an issue.

DEI: We need more POC in this film, lets hire uhhh Daniel Kaluuya to play this badass Serpent Society member, hes not really known for that but dammit we need a black man. It may feel forced, but anyone who whines we can call them racist.

Not DEI: Giancarlo Esposito has loudly said he wants to be in the MCU, lets use his strengths as an emotionless badass and have him be a real threat to Captain America and as a bonus remake the character a bit to use guns and shit. It will look real awesome during trailers and people really like him and may even pay us real dollars to see him.

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Inverse

DEI: Giancarlo is an amazing actor - more importantly he’s a POC. We need to jam him in to a movie for representation ASAP. Let’s not make him a major character because those need to be women or fat trannies, or cast him as an aging manipulator or genius which he plays well, let’s shoehorn him into a C tier character that leads a group no one knows about and never been referenced in a one time post production reshoot addition appearance in our likely biggest flop ever

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
If they cared about the box office he would have been in the original films not added after to fix a story because of Palestine. If they cared about his skill he would be a major character. He’s a one off nothing because they simply wanted a brown guy that can pass as anything from Honduran to Nigerian.

fris

Vyemm Raider
I'll be honest, I don't hate Robert Downey Jr as Doom. They haven't addressed it, but I'm getting the sense that the original MCU didn't have the fantastic four nor mutants. So those major marvel characters have to be brought in through the multiverse.

I'm not a fan of the multiverse as others have pointed out it's just a endless possibilities and nothing matters. But if they do it right, this is probably a good way to get back to good MCU movies.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
seriously he’s a backup antagonist in a Captain America film.

Frank Grilllo
George St Pierre

giancarlo espisito.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
But if they do it right
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don’t know how any sane person can argue against Disney and marvel being DEI everything

Captain America is old, dead and replaced by a woman from england and a black guy who despite saving the world can’t get a loan because he’s black and America is racist despite him being literal representation of the country as Captain America
Iron man is dead and replaced by a younger smarter black firl
From da hood. Now he’s back as a bag guy because the DEI Kang is a criminal
Thor has been replaced by a woman and a child
Hawkeye has been replaced by a young woman
Hulk is replaced by a female snarky milllenial
Girl boss hulk
Ant Man has been replaced by his daughter
Loki is woke nonsense
Dr Strange has been replaced by a fat Chinese man and is being dominated by women stronger than him.
the only new characters introduced have been a Chinese karate Man, a teenage Latina, and like 3 black girl magic characters that I can’t tell apart.
I don’t even want to talk
About the eternals.

how can you read all that and say “yeah but I still think race is every motivation they have isn’t the cause”

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'll be honest, I don't hate Robert Downey Jr as Doom. They haven't addressed it, but I'm getting the sense that the original MCU didn't have the fantastic four nor mutants. So those major marvel characters have to be brought in through the multiverse.

I'm not a fan of the multiverse as others have pointed out it's just a endless possibilities and nothing matters. But if they do it right, this is probably a good way to get back to good MCU movies.
The Fantastic Four are coming to the MCU from another universe. I am assuming Doom follows them here when their universe blows up/gets eaten by Galactus.

I also don't hate the RDJ casting. He is gonna be behind a mask 99% of the time.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
But theyve cast a white male actor for a white male role - we should be grateful.

I don’t know how any sane person can argue against Disney and marvel being DEI everything

how can you read all that and say “yeah but I still think race is every motivation they have isn’t the cause”

Can't wait for this to "celebrate whiteness and the patriarchy" like DP & Wolverine

(that's the excuse they use to justify paying Disney for DP3 tickets

• 1Garbage
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Captain America is old, dead and replaced by a woman from england and a black guy who despite saving the world can’t get a loan because he’s black and America is racist despite him being literal representation of the country as Captain America
Iron man is dead and replaced by a younger smarter black firl
From da hood. Now he’s back as a bag guy because the DEI Kang is a criminal
Thor has been replaced by a woman and a child
Hawkeye has been replaced by a young woman
Hulk is replaced by a female snarky milllenial
Girl boss hulk
Ant Man has been replaced by his daughter
Loki is woke nonsense
Dr Strange has been replaced by a fat Chinese man and is being dominated by women stronger than him.
the only new characters introduced have been a Chinese karate Man, a teenage Latina, and like 3 black girl magic characters that I can’t tell apart.
I don’t even want to talk
About the eternals.

Black Panther has been replaced by gay female black panther.
Captain Marvel has been diluted by 2 other POC Cap Marvels
hetero Black Widow has been replaced with man hating black widow.

Giancarlo Esposito is the best new villain in the last 14 years, it doesnt mean they didnt call him in at the last minute. Esposito was probably thrown a bone here because he said he wanted to return for Mando S4 and said that his character might not have died in S3.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm confused. I thought RDJ didn't want to do these movies anymore?

If he was going to come back, why wouldn't they have him reprise the role of Tony Stark?

This is absolutely baffling.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, Tony Stark is dead. If he came back that would lessen the ending of endgame.

Still kind of an odd development.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

If he was going to come back, why wouldn't they have him reprise the role of Tony Stark?

if he comes back as multiverse Tony Stark who is also Doctor Doom. then that would explain it. either way he is going to be related to Tony Stark in some stupid manner. it also explains how the F4 enter the picture. if F4 crosses the Multiverse. then Multi Tony will follow them here too.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

He did not want to come back as Stark because it would lessen his death in Endgame. Offering him Doom was the key to getting him to come back.

Fun fact. RDJ originally auditioned for the role as Doom in the Fantastic Four movies, but didn't do well. However it did lead to him auditioning for Iron Man later and getting the part.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The only character Disney turned white was Vision and ain’t nobody seen him and he’s probably never coming back lol

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Black Panther has been replaced by gay female black panther.
Yeah cuz Boseman died. You think Black Panther would have been Shuri if he didn't pass? She was just the obvious choice since she was also BP in the comics. Rumor also is that they are going to age up the son and he's gonna replace Shuri.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah cuz Boseman died. You think Black Panther would have been Shuri if he didn't pass? She was just the obvious choice since she was also BP in the comics. Rumor also is that they are going to age up the son and he's gonna replace Shuri.
Actually that makes no sense as Shuri is just some girl tech nerd and not a warrior. The obvious choice is the black gorilla guy or even the bald Zulu chick. They picked girl nerd for narrative reasons, they wanted to make black panther be the black female Iron Man if Iron Heart didn't pan out. They had Rhodey be the black Iron Man but Don Cheadle got old and they didn't know what to do with him, so they crippled him and then turned him into an alien.

• 1Like