Marvel Universe stuff

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i posted in the wrong thread. copy paste here where it belongs.

"So how could they make RDJ a new character? Can they have him be Doom in a different Multiverse? Doesn't he still have to be Tony Stark as Iron Man in every one? Maybe he's an evil Iron Man, but still Iron Man? I'm thinking he's going to be the Tony that Thanos recognizes on Titan, when he says that he's cursed with knowledge.

Can Thanos know Tony as somebody else? A Tony from a different part of the Galaxy but still be from the same 616?

Edit

Peggy Carter was Captain Britain in a multiverse, but she was still the same ww2 Peggy Carter."

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
i posted in the wrong thread. copy paste here where it belongs.

"So how could they make RDJ a new character? Can they have him be Doom in a different Multiverse? Doesn't he still have to be Tony Stark as Iron Man in every one? Maybe he's an evil Iron Man, but still Iron Man? I'm thinking he's going to be the Tony that Thanos recognizes on Titan, when he says that he's cursed with knowledge.

Can Thanos know Tony as somebody else? A Tony from a different part of the Galaxy but still be from the same 616?

Edit

Peggy Carter was Captain Britain in a multiverse, but she was still the same ww2 Peggy Carter."

He wears a mask and has a metal robot voice. They never have to present him as Tony Stark or RDJ.

Have you ever seen robot man on doom patrol? Could you even tell who the actor is? Brendan Fraser does the voice, sort of. But he isn't the guy in the suit. Maybe Doom will be done in a similar way. RDJ would just be a voice actor.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He wears a mask and has a metal robot voice. They never have to present him as Tony Stark or RDJ.

Have you ever seen robot man on doom patrol? Could you even tell who the actor is? Brendan Fraser does the voice, sort of. But he isn't the guy in the suit. Maybe Doom will be done in a similar way. RDJ would just be a voice actor.
No. They don't pay voice actors 80+ million dollars. Voice actors get a separate scale pay. RDJ will be in that movie in the flesh. He may end up in the mask at some point during the movie. But he will be there as maybe Tony Stark

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I mean, he doesn't have to be in the suit for the inevitable marvel-punching-climax (except for the close up when the mask get's knocked off in time for a nice speech). But he didn't have to do that for Iron Man either. Tbf, no Marvel actor really does that, not even the characters not fully in a mask even when in the thick of the action ...
5b02758154d24-marvel-avengers-actors-stunt-doubles-5afedcb8ee45d__700.jpg

Hell, mocap-dots on Mantis face (I guess) mean they can just cgi the actors face back in. No reason that couldn't work for RDJ (and probably did many times for Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, whatever.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I mean, he doesn't have to be in the suit for the inevitable marvel-punching-climax (except for the close up when the mask get's knocked off in time for a nice speech). But he didn't have to do that for Iron Man either. Tbf, no Marvel actor really does that, not even the characters not fully in a mask even when in the thick of the action ...
Hell, mocap-dots on Mantis face (I guess) mean they can just cgi the actors face back in. No reason that couldn't work for RDJ (and probably did many times for Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, whatever.
Yeah, not to mention RDJ is like 5 feet 4 inches tall and 127lbs. He's been CGI'd up like crazy since the start.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you cant cheese the role by having a guy in the suit for you while you voice over from your mansion in the Hills. voice actors have a specific pay scale and nobody in ever has gotten 80 mil for that. maybe 50k. its not an awful lot. they want you to actually physically be there if you want that money. for 80 mil. you can get your ass out of bed to work for a month.

Goatface

was thinking there was a variant of doom with a different mask, this is close as i could find, but is a custom (i think). rdj will probably be maskless for 90% of the movie, then get fucked up or something and put the mask on.
1722435566719.png

you cant cheese the role by having a guy in the suit for you while you voice over from your mansion in the Hills. voice actors have a specific pay scale and nobody in ever has gotten 80 mil for that. maybe 50k. its not an awful lot. they want you to actually physically be there if you want that money. for 80 mil. you can get your ass out of bed to work for a month.
rock is getting over $20m for moana 2. think he got a million to just post about it on his social media, which probably more than 99% of voice actors will ever earn

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was thinking there was a variant of doom with a different mask, this is close as i could find, but is a custom (i think). rdj will probably be maskless for 90% of the movie, then get fucked up or something and put the mask on.
View attachment 539121

rock is getting over $20m for moana 2. think he got a million to just post about it on his social media, which probably more than 99% of voice actors will ever earn
im sure there is more involved than voicework. if he's doing rotoscoping then he still has to be there to synch up the CGI.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
No. They don't pay voice actors 80+ million dollars. Voice actors get a separate scale pay. RDJ will be in that movie in the flesh. He may end up in the mask at some point during the movie. But he will be there as maybe Tony Stark

Marvel needs RDJ more than RDJ needs them. He's getting roles left and right now.

Marvel can't get anything new off the ground. I bet they paid Chris Evans a small fortune to cameo as Johnny torch.

RJD took on a role where all he has to do is some voice work and maybe a couple unmasked scenes. All of the green screen stuff and all of the live action masked scenes will be some dope getting paid nothing or whatever the non-vocal stand in union minimum is. RJD is going to get a fat payday for doing next to nothing but attach his name to this. He's going to be James Earl Jones Darth Vader while the dopes in the suit are just nobodies.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It was leaked on 4chan that the plan is for RDJ to be Doom in the same way that Pedro Pascal is the Mandalorian. It will be an extra in a suit for 99% of the time with RDJ voiceover. Any shots of him unmasked will be RDJ but this will be very little actual screentime. This is how they were able to bring him back - with megabuckz for relatively little actual work.

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
idk they really have lost their way. After years of releasing absolute shit, the only two halfway decent movies both being cameo filled nostalgia trips through non mcu universes (Spiderman no way home=sony films, deadpool and wolverine=fox films), combined with this sudden shift due to betting the farm on a wife beating nog it seems this move is just pure desperation.

It's like they forgot what made these movies work and are just grasping at straws. RDJ was popular, lets get him back! No, Iron man was popular, his portrayal of Iron man was amazing. Nobody gives a fuck about actual RDJ if he isn't playing iron man.

Films can be character based, story based, or special effects/spectacle based. Each type benefits from good actors, good writers, or good special effects/directors.

They are scrambling to rush out new characters with no build up, new stories with no writing, and relying on the spectacle of bringing back rdj and the Russo but without the build up, character development, story development, etc it's just the spectacle left.

They replaced all the good qualities of movie making with woke DEI nonsense for half a decade and now that they are collapsing they are throwing everything against the wall and hoping to make magic once again.

how many fucking movies do they even have to build up to Avengers 5 Doomsday? There's only what, 3 movies releasing between now and then? Sure they can reshoot captain shrimp boat captain for the 30th time to start to lay the foundation but it's going to be worse than DCEU's rush to get darkseid introduced. Besides that it's what, Fantastic 4? Thunderbolts?

Shit, who the fuck is even in the avengers anymore? They wasted half the phase 4-5 movies and D+ shows adding new characters but they're mostly the thunderbolts. Who's even still an Avenger right now? Shrimp Boat Captain America...and?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was leaked on 4chan that the plan is for RDJ to be Doom in the same way that Pedro Pascal is the Mandalorian. It will be an extra in a suit for 99% of the time with RDJ voiceover. Any shots of him unmasked will be RDJ but this will be very little actual screentime. This is how they were able to bring him back - with megabuckz for relatively little actual work.
thats not how voice acting works. there is no movie yet, no leaks because the script is likely not even done. it was just announced a few days ago. you guys should at least google how voice over works.

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
pretty interesting

my only real question is will RDJ's Doom be a part of F4 next year or just a post credits stinger (or not in it at all? that seems unlikely)

also lol what happened to america chavez hahaha. Feige also confirms White Vision D+ series is still on track for release in 2026.

Fucker

Log Wizard
thats not how voice acting works. there is no movie yet, no leaks because the script is likely not even done. it was just announced a few days ago. you guys should at least google how voice over works.
If he sings, will it be a Dr Doom musical?

• 1Worf

Goatface

Shit, who the fuck is even in the avengers anymore? They wasted half the phase 4-5 movies and D+ shows adding new characters but they're mostly the thunderbolts. Who's even still an Avenger right now? Shrimp Boat Captain America...and?
guess current line up would be
doc strange
banner hulk
falcon cap
shuri panther
clint hawkeye
thor
spiderman
warmachine (?)

they have to add some chicks
cap marvel - rambeau - walters hulk - valkyrie

b-team choices
antman/wasp
shang chi
wong

other can be replaced if young avengers isn't happening
iron heart
kate bishop
echo
skaar
khan
antgirl
love

did i miss anyone? still have loki, moon knight and daredevil, but don't think they would fit. plus they could bring black widow and portman thor from the dead.
young avengers movie with 6 chicks would hilarious

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
guess current line up would be
doc strange
banner hulk
falcon cap
shuri panther
clint hawkeye
thor
spiderman
warmachine (?)

they have to add some chicks
cap marvel - rambeau - walters hulk - valkyrie

b-team choices
antman/wasp
shang chi
wong

other can be replaced if young avengers isn't happening
iron heart
kate bishop
echo
skaar
khan
antgirl
love

did i miss anyone? still have loki, moon knight and daredevil, but don't think they would fit. plus they could bring black widow and portman thor from the dead.
young avengers movie with 6 chicks would hilarious

Dr Strange is probably "unavailable" because Dr Strange & the Multiverse of Madness ended with him going semi-insane and the next movie has him in the Dark Dimension or something.

Banner-Hulk is a possibility, we will likely see Hulk in Captain America 4 so that'll bring him back to the front if they do it well.

Pretty sure Shuri Panther is done, it was not well received and they are supposedly keeping the Black Panther line on ice until a few more years pass so they can restart it with T'chall's young son, essentially recasting T'challa.

Falcon Captain America is definitely one of the Avengers at the moment so yeah that one's pretty certain.

Clint Hawkeye is probably retired now, I think we are more likely to get Kate Bishop but not as an Avenger.

Spiderman is probably an Avenger in the lore, but the Sony situation makes it difficult to bet on him for anything.

Thor needs to really get some redemption after the last film and we know Hemsworth wants to do a fifth movie to set things right, so I think he's more likely to be in a standalone film than another Avengers.

Warmachine would be an Avenger I'm guessing, but he just came back from years in stasis after the Skrull shitshow, so I'm not sure how he might work out.

Shang-chi would be good to have in the Avengers, his powers are pretty unique in the line-up.

Wong is a good pick too, especially if Strange is unavailable.

Iron Heart, Echo, Antgirl and Love are garbage tier, not even qualified to be Young Avengers in my opinion.

Daredevil and Moon Knight could be cool, but I doubt it.. Moon Knight barely feels like he's in the MCU in the first place, and Daredevil hasn't really been reintroduced beside a cameo.

Skaar might show up in a future Hulk film but I can't imagine them using a character seen for 2 seconds in the backend of a show few watched and nobody talks about anymore. But then again they're doing an Agatha TV show so who knows.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Don't forget the new members of the Guardians of the Galaxy... like Adam Warlock and "kids that were never actually given names", but thinking they will just be in the finale of part 2.

I'm not alone in thinking that Doomsday will be structurally almost identical to Avengers Infinity War, yes? Namely Doom shows up with an army out of nowhere, with the subbrands all in their own little narratives, then Doom wins in the final act combining all timelines into Battleworld for part 2.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't forget the new members of the Guardians of the Galaxy... like Adam Warlock and "kids that were never actually given names", but thinking they will just be in the finale of part 2.

I'm not alone in thinking that Doomsday will be structurally almost identical to Avengers Infinity War, yes? Namely Doom shows up with an army out of nowhere, with the subbrands all in their own little narratives, then Doom wins in the final act combining all timelines into Battleworld for part 2.
that sounds shitty. the B team Avengers cant stand toe to toe with a Thanos level invasion.. even Thor got cucked