Marvel Universe stuff

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The Marvels, Eternals, and Antman 3.

I honestly don't think Black Widow, Black Panther 2, or Shang-Chi outsuck that unholy trinity... but its close.

(Jesus, that means I consider Captain Marvel _at worst_ the seventh worst Marvel movie nowadays. Just a monumental level of collapse in the last half decade.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
then Wanda went evil for god knows why
I thought Wandavision + Multiverse of Madness covered her arc pretty well. Lots to complain about in both of them but I'm not sure "went evil for god knows why" is fair. Had multiverse babies, they were taken away, she finds out theres a way to get back to them, gets corrupted by evil mcguffin. For a character who started out fighting the Avengers, I didnt have any problem with the explanation for why she ends up against them again at the end. Just lots of other bullshit along the way.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
You guys are doing it wrong, the list of good MCU movies is far shorter than the bad ones. Literally 60% of the movies are fighting for last place and will vary by your tastes.

non-shit MCU films:
Iron Man 1
Captain America 1, 2, 3
Thor 3
Avengers 1, 3, 4
GOTG 1, 2
Spider-man 1, 3

and now Deadpool & Wolverine, technically is an MCU film.

That's 13 out of 34, or just over one third of the movies being any good at all, and I doubt most of you would even agree with all 13 of those. most ppl hate the first captain america or don't like gotg 2 for example.

If you want to throw in the D+ shows i doubt their ratio is any better. I think Hawkeye was about the only ok one? maybe loki season 1?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
You guys are doing it wrong, the list of good MCU movies is far shorter than the bad ones. Literally 60% of the movies are fighting for last place and will vary by your tastes.

non-shit MCU films:
Iron Man 1
Captain America 1, 2, 3
Thor 3
Avengers 1, 3, 4
GOTG 1, 2
Spider-man 1, 3

That's 13 out of 34, or just over one third of the movies being any good at all, and I doubt most of you would even agree with all 13 of those. most ppl hate the first captain america or don't like gotg 2 for example.

If you want to throw in the D+ shows i doubt their ratio is any better. I think Hawkeye was about the only ok one? maybe loki season 1?
There are tiers to the shitty movies. Also, I would put Spiderman 2, Antman 1, Dr. Strange 1, and GotG 3 on the not shit list. Also, I don't hate Thor 1 the way a lot of people do, but it is clearly not as good the rest of this list. Eternals and Captain Marvel are unreal bad, and much worse than the rest that I've seen. I have not watched any since Strange 2 or the latest spiderman. Not sure which one came out first so I'm sure BP 2 or Marvels would be horrendous.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

non-shit MCU films:
Iron Man 1
Captain America 1, 2, 3
Thor 3
Avengers 1, 3, 4
GOTG 1, 2
Spider-man 1, 3

Cap 1 is the least good of the trilogy. It's way too campy. That being said, I like Cap 1. It has a lot of heart to it. Red Skull is a giant ham though. I also don't count dp&w as an MCU film. It's the last of the Fox Marvel films.

• 1Garbage

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There are tiers to the shitty movies. Also, I would put Spiderman 2, Antman 1, Dr. Strange 1, and GotG 3 on the not shit list. Also, I don't hate Thor 1 the way a lot of people do, but it is clearly not as good the rest of this list. Eternals and Captain Marvel are unreal bad, and much worse than the rest that I've seen. I have not watched any since Strange 2 or the latest spiderman. Not sure which one came out first so I'm sure BP 2 or Marvels would be horrendous.
Finally someone mentioned Captain Marvel

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just a random question that dawned on me. What exactly was the Inifinity Glove's purpose? Was it built specifically to give Thanos his snap or was it basically a wish machine that could do whatever the wearer wanted? Snap, unSnap...? What was the mechanic behind something like that? Like what stone allowed you to make wishes, but needed what other stones to have them happen on a universal scale? How would Thanos know that these stones together could even do something like grant it unlimited wishes?

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

non-shit MCU films:
Iron Man 1
Captain America 1, 2, 3
Thor 3
Avengers 1, 3, 4
GOTG 1, 2
Spider-man 1, 3

I know it was not the popular one, but Avengers 2 was not shit. I actually enjoyed the movie. The voice for Ultron was a great pick with James Spader. I certainly enjoyed it above pretty much everything new, save for Deadpool and Spiderman.

The main problem is comparing anything after End Game. Anything Before Endgame would be a box with different slices of pizza in it. Anything after End game is like looking at an empty box with scrapes of meat and cheese stuck on the card board.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a random question that dawned on me. What exactly was the Inifinity Glove's purpose? Was it built specifically to give Thanos his snap or was it basically a wish machine that could do whatever the wearer wanted? Snap, unSnap...? What was the mechanic behind something like that? Like what stone allowed you to make wishes, but needed what other stones to have them happen on a universal scale? How would Thanos know that these stones together could even do something like grant it unlimited wishes?
Hold the gems, basically, I thought. Given his gigantic hands seems like it wouldn't matter

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
Hold the gems, basically, I thought. Given his gigantic hands seems like it wouldn't matter
yeah it was just to hold the stones. Just like Dr Strange holds the time stone in a necklace. The whole "snap" thing is just the movie being lazy he didn't literally need to snap his fingers to activate them.

Thanos could of went with a different design, like this infinity stone butt plug (thx AI art):

1723752340939.png

• 1WTF

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Nah, you needed the gauntlet to not be destroyed by the energies released in the process (note that everyone who used it was still injured / killed).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Nah, you needed the gauntlet to not be destroyed by the energies released in the process (note that everyone who used it was still injured / killed).
Yeah this. They make a point of the fact that only certain people can hold 1 stone in Guardians of the Galaxy. He needed the glove, made by the greatest craftsmen in the universe, to be able to harness them all without dying. When Thanos and Hulk use the gloves the backlash is still so powerful it maims both of them. Of course, it totally kills Stark when he uses them. You never see Thanos physically touching more than 1 stone at a time.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK so can we decanonise the bad movies? I haven't even seen most of the woke ones and the ticket sales say that a lot of people agree.

Phase 3 Epilogue: GotG 3

Phase 4 Multiverse Saga: Wandavision, Dr Strange 2, Spiderman 3, Deadpool 3

Non Canon: Shang Chi, Eternals, Miss Marvel, The Marvels, Black Panther 2, Ant Man 3, Thor 4, Secret Invasion, She-Hulk, Echo

Phase 4 Thunderbolts Saga: Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon & Winter Soldier, Thunderbolts (all of this can be non canon if Thunderbolts sucks).

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The whole "snap" thing is just the movie being lazy he didn't literally need to snap his fingers to activate them true to one of the most iconic parts of the original comic story.
FTFY. Yes, he didn't have to do anything but think about what he wanted, but the snap is so iconic that if they had changed it, the nerdrage would have collapsed the universe, myself included. I even told everyone from work that went to see it together that I bet the movie ends with him snapping his fingers.

Amusingly enough, someone did a video about how it is pretty much impossible to snap your fingers with a gauntlet/glove like that on. Lemme see if I can find it. Yeah here it is.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
FTFY. Yes, he didn't have to do anything but think about what he wanted, but the snap is so iconic that if they had changed it, the nerdrage would have collapsed the universe, myself included. I even told everyone from work that went to see it together that I bet the movie ends with him snapping his fingers.

Amusingly enough, someone did a video about how it is pretty much impossible to snap your fingers with a gauntlet/glove like that on. Lemme see if I can find it. Yeah here it is.

Ok. So what is the mechanic of having all the Infinity stones together? Just that you can make wishes? Or is it something specific like snaps and time travel?

Inque

FunEmployed
Thanks very much. So basically it is a wish machine, but not like there is a genie inside or anything. It just does what you want it to do whatever that is.
I have no idea what my browser was doing trying to respond to this but, yes.