Marvel Universe stuff

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
how far up your own ass is your head that you can sit there and try to pretend this IP has anywhere near the market penetration or general audience awareness that the Iron Man Thor Hulk abd Captain America or avengers Ip did?
Literally nobodys saying that.

Your nerdrage over this is really weird. Like I can't even tell you whats causing you to sperg out. Is it calling the Avengers D list? Is that what triggered you?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
by comparison, i didn't know at all thats how much keanu, tom, willis, or smith made off their sequels

GV5cVmlbAAA8yNG.jpg
Interesting chart. I don't follow movie drama but It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of huge payouts and what percent was profit sharing for a surprisingly higher gross amount (ex: sixth sense) and what was a huge guaranteed salary for an actor who detested the role and only grudgingly agreed when the studios kept stacking up the price (Will Smith in MIB3? Jack Nicholson in Batman?).

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
I haven't watched any D+ shows like most normies so I couldn't tell that any of these characters were minor TV show villains. The only one I even recognize is fat shit lib david harbour who's claim to fame is 2 decent seasons of a tween pg-12 barely horror series that went to shit once the kids hit puberty.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't watched any D+ shows like most normies so I couldn't tell that any of these characters were minor TV show villains. The only one I even recognize is fat shit lib david harbour who's claim to fame is 2 decent seasons of a tween pg-12 barely horror series that went to shit once the kids hit puberty.
Season 4 was the best season so far....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
U.S. Agent - From the Falcon and Winter Soldier TV show, the government's replacement for Captain America. I think he gets too aggressive from the serum and kills _a_ super powered terrorist while working under direct orders, which is a pretty low bar for villainy. (I didn't finish the show.)
Yet another example of the atrociously bad writing from that show. "Too aggressive from the serum" when that super-powered terrorist just murdered his best friend and is actively trying to murder him as well.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yet another example of the atrociously bad writing from that show. "Too aggressive from the serum" when that super-powered terrorist just murdered his best friend and is actively trying to murder him as well.
They wanted to make the serum the reason he was more violent instead of it actually being his actual personality. Which I don't understand. U.S. Agent was a "physically better" Captain America that was more violent and with less impulse control.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
What the story should have been was US Agent was picked to be the New Cap, given the serum but lacked what made Steve great. You know, the whole point of his origin movie.

Basically this is what would happen if they hasd chosen one of the "Better" soldiers in the program that didnt dive on the grenade that made them choose steve. and He kills a bad guy because he doesnt have the same perfect moral connection to DUty that Steve did. So that makes him the bad guy. Really he should be a good guy with grey area but because Disney, hes the white racist patriarchy stand in for Blacktain America to fight against.

Fun fact, everyone on this team is stronger, better trained, or more qualified to be Captain America than Falcon. A man in a wing suit who will fight Hulk.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Steve Rogers was physically weak but morally strong despite that - the serum solved the first issue and his moral strength is what made him a paragon super hero. That is why Zemo respects Rogers when he is talking with Bucky in the TV show - he knew Rogers had enough character to not let the super serum change who he was as a person

US Agent was already a skilled soldier. He wasn’t morally weak so to speak, but he had a different mindset and presumably has underlying PTSD. He only decapitates that terrorist after his friend gets killed and sort of spirals a bit because he feels like he is being constrained too much so that he can’t make full use of his new power.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The amusing part to all of this is that Steve Rogers shot motherfuckers dead all the time, even after getting the SS serum. That's what soldiers do, shoot the enemy.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. But people kinda cling to that idiotic self-deception that the 2010-ish marvel stuff was somehow magically better than the 2020-ish stuff. Those old YouTube clips of Winter Soldier and such with the Bourne Identiy style shaky-cam fights are horrible. The dialog is just as corny as anything in She Hulk. But people have been brainwashed by YouTube to nostalgia-love the old stuff and hate the new

• 4Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Its an interesting strategy. Avengers worked mainly because it was a collection of D-list heroes whose stories hadnt been beaten into the ground and rebooted a half dozen times.

So now they try a collection of D-list villains. Not an awful strategy on paper.

Seems like they lack the charm of the Avengers casting though. Still the trailer looks better than most MCU post Endgame so I'm ready to give it a try.
Would be interesting to quantify the relative popularity of characters pre MCU.

I never read a comic and they weren't popular in the UK, so total former normies prospective.

Superman/Batman were A List imo because movies, B list was X-Men, Spiderman because cartoons and Woman Woman, Hulk, Fantastic 4 because TV shows. X-Men and Spiderman went to A list after their movies.

C list I'd say Captain America and Thor, they were stupid enough concepts to have some pop culture awareness of. Daredevil here too after the movie.

D list, I don't think most people knew what stuff like Iron Man, Flash and Green Lantern were.

So I don't think this has any disadvantages for being unknown heroes compared to Guardians of the Galaxy, Suicide Squad or even Iron Man. It just needs to be good.

• 1Picard

Burns

I never read a comic and they weren't popular in the UK, so total former normies prospective.

Superman/Batman were A List imo because movies, B list was X-Men, Spiderman because cartoons and Woman Woman, Hulk, Fantastic 4 because TV shows. X-Men and Spiderman went to A list after their movies.

C list I'd say Captain America and Thor, they were stupid enough concepts to have some pop culture awareness of. Daredevil here too after the movie.

D list, I don't think most people knew what stuff like Iron Man, Flash and Green Lantern were.

So I don't think this has any disadvantages for being unknown heroes compared to Guardians of the Galaxy, Suicide Squad or even Iron Man. It just needs to be good.
The only comic books I ever read were Spawn (not very many, as I used them for the art), but I knew of all the Avengers and maybe Daredevil from seeing them around (in toy shops, Halloween costumes, etc.) long before Iron Man 1 came out. There was a Justice League cartoon in the 90s, or maybe it was reruns from the 80s, so Flash and Green Lantern where also known to non-comic book readers.

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider

Nah they were much more ingrained in pop culture besides TV shows. A lot of gen x grew up on superfriends and amazing spiderman. Hulk/Wonder Woman on TV. Loads of old video games. Hell even Ozzy and Black Sabbath made the Iron Man song. Marvel and DC were always popular outside the comics. Thor was a shitty comic book character but he's still fucking Thor. Probably the most revered of all the pagan gods. He was a pretty popular dungeons and dragons character.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lest we forget, there were some dreadful Avengers rosters over the years. So while we laugh at what they are doing to it in the MCU, at least they are tracking the comics and really putting together some shitty teams. Who can forget...

"All-Different Avengers lineup consisted of Jane Foster Thor, Sam Wilson Captain America, Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales Spider-Man, and Sam Alexander Nova."

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What's wrong with Miles Morales Spider Man? Those movies were pretty good.
Nothing. You miss the point of my post. That lineup as a whole sucked donkey dick. The fact that one character wasn't total AIDS doesn't make them somehow less shitty.