Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The d list Avengers shit needs to end. If those are d list then what happened to A list Marvel heroes? The X-Men, Spidey and what else,?
You mean all the really popular heroes that got rights sold off to keep Marvel afloat and they recently got most of the rights back besides Spidey? As a comic collector it's pretty common knowledge that the Avengers titles and solo books were way behind like X-Men, Spidey, FF4... At one point when I was collecting it was like 3x the X-Men books to Avengers. Hell, pretty sure Spidey has the same amount of titles as Avengers and he was a solo hero.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It’s funny because the b/c list heroes ended up becoming A list heroes in terms of cultural awareness

Guarantee you more people know who Ironman or Captain America are than most of the core X-men lineup outside of Wolverine

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It’s funny because the b/c list heroes ended up becoming A list heroes in terms of cultural awareness

Guarantee you more people know who Ironman or Captain America are than most of the core X-men lineup outside of Wolverine
My nephews got X-Men toys from my brother and they didn't know who any of them were lol.

• 1Worf

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As a weirdo whose primary comic was The Avengers in their terrible no popularity days, I can assure you that even the producers admitted the only reason it stayed in print was it never _quite_ lost money.

And if we are talking terrible lineups, I challenge you to top
Avengers_Vol_1_298.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
As a weirdo whose primary comic was The Avengers in their terrible no popularity days, I can assure you that even the producers admitted the only reason it stayed in print was it never _quite_ lost money.

View attachment 547863
Yeah I was one of those buyers. I used to collect Cap, Avengers, and West Coast Avengers.

As for teams at least they haven't resorted to:

1000005501.jpg

Edit: But we did get Mister Immortal on She-Hulk lol.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As for teams at least they haven't resorted to:

View attachment 547864
Au contraire - as someone who was and still is based in Milwaukee, this was the only comic I've seen set in my hometown, even in their reference art was out of date (e.g. the Gimbel's chain had closed a year earlier).

And as much as we joke, it seems like giant chunks of the internet still want to make Squirrel Girl a real MCU character.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Au contraire - as someone who was and still is based in Milwaukee, this was the only comic I've seen set in my hometown, even in their reference art was out of date (e.g. the Gimbel's chain had closed a year earlier).

And as much as we joke, it seems like giant chunks of the internet still want to make Squirrel Girl a real MCU character.
Squirrel Girl is the only one that really broke out. Mainly because she started babysitting for Luke Cage and Power Girl. Also she had Monkey Joe and Tippy-Toe.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 547863
Edwin Jarvis looks like a gentleman badass. I don't understand why he hasn't been incorporated into a film.

I'm being serious.

What was the superpower other than maybe being British? Did he have a sword cane?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's wrong with Miles Morales Spider Man? Those movies were pretty good.
Nothing. You miss the point of my post. That lineup as a whole sucked donkey dick. The fact that one character wasn't total AIDS doesn't make them somehow less shitty.
No, Miles Morales was fucking awful too. The character was pretty much a complete flop until the first Spiderverse movie saved him.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
It may just be the editing, but I can't get over how Taskmaster and Ghost disappear from shot to shot. Seriously, when the blast doors slam down, where is Taskmaster?

Actually, Red Guardian isn't in that scene at all, Sentry and Taskmaster aren't in the limo scene, Taskmaster isn't in the elevator but materializes when they need the team shot but Sentry isn't there before or after. It's like the script randomly puts Pugh + 2-5 other characters in each scene.

yeah the scenes in the trailer are completely out of order

Its an interesting strategy. Avengers worked mainly because it was a collection of D-list heroes whose stories hadnt been beaten into the ground and rebooted a half dozen times.

So now they try a collection of D-list villains. Not an awful strategy on paper.

Seems like they lack the charm of the Avengers casting though. Still the trailer looks better than most MCU post Endgame so I'm ready to give it a try.

#JohnWalkerDidNothingWrong

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Edwin Jarvis looks like a gentleman badass. I don't understand why he hasn't been incorporated into a film.
But he has (sort of) from the beginning - Jarvis appeared as Howard Stark's butler in the Agent Carter show on ABC, and shows up for 10 seconds in Endgame in the 70s military base scene when Tony meets up with Howard, and was the personality template for the Jarvis assistant voiced by Paul Bettany in Tony's home and then the earlier Iron Man suits.

As for powers, he is just a normal human butler, hence what has to be the lowest power lineup The Avengers ever had.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Officially out now, I guess

Here's a brief recap of the characters on the unplayed screen of this video for Bald Brah Bald Brah
Far left is the dad of Black Widow from the Black Widow movie. Behind him and to the right is the villain from Ant Man 2. She phases through shit for (reasons?). Ahead of her and to the right is Bucky, seen in many MCU movies over the years Steve Roger's friend. Behind him and the right is Black Widow's sister, seen originally in the Black Widow movie, but she also was in the MCU show about Hawkeye's daughter. Behind her and to her right is the dude that is Captain something from Winter Soldier and Falcon MCU show. He's a budget un-super captain america that has anger issues.

Hope that clears it up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except he doesn't really have anger issues, he's just a relatively normal military vet instead of a paragon of virtue like Rogers. And Kate Bishop is not Hawkeye's daughter.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I don't remember US agent having super bad anger issues but I'm never watching that turd again, I don't even remember if I finished it tbh. I remember the grouple of the baddies blowing up buildings of innocent people/kids and then killed his best friend when he finally killed someone?

Also US Agent getting his ass whooped by that weird looking teen DEI hire was bad

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider

Sure. But that is due to the movies. Same for stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Except he doesn't really have anger issues, he's just a relatively normal military vet instead of a paragon of virtue like Rogers. And Kate Bishop is not Hawkeye's daughter.
In the show they were trying to play it off that he has anger issues. Yelling at people over nothing (not talking about the dude that's trying to kill him, but his wife or something. I don't remember 100% what happened in the show).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I purchased a US Agent comic back in the 90's. He was getting hung by someone, but his super neck strength allowed him to flex his muscles before the noose tightened to prevent it from cutting off his air supply. Comics.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I've never even heard of Thunderbolts. Who is the low rent Captain America? Couldn't they find someone who didn't look like he just won his local wife beating contest?
Actually that is the son of Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn

russel.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's wrong with Miles Morales Spider Man? Those movies were pretty good.
I'm not up on the lore but I think he's patient zero of the current woke gender/sexuality/race swapping trend.

He actually worked and is popular because black kids love Spiderman for some reason, the problem is that the respective gender/sexuality/races of all the other swaps didn't already love the characters they got.

Based on what kids actually like, I think you could do a Black Goku and a female Demon Slayer - that's about it.