Marvel Universe Stuff

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Wow that's the dumbest Marvel recasting decision ever, of all the ppl in the Marvel universe, i'm sure we all remember Liv Tyler as Betty fucking Ross

I can't imagine her having a big role either. Maybe they're bringing her back just to be among the half of the universal population that Thanos snuffs out of existence with a snap of his fingers for his lady love (if they even include that part).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Don't you fucking fuck with me!

Actually I already saw that about Dinklage too, and everyone is assuming Pip of course, but it hasn't been confirmed that I'm aware of. He'd be perfect for it though, obviously.

I really like Captain Marvel and the fact that she's going to be badass, but I am still going to be disappointed if they give her the soul gem and use her instead of Adam Warlock. He's like the whole fucking reason you'd do a Thanos/Infinity War storyline, in my mind anyway. And if they are going to include Her/Alysha in GotG2, there's no reason they can't have Him/Warlock. Hell, make Magus the big bad for Phase 4+ even, would be super easy to do with Infinity Gem fuckery going on.

Pretty sure I've said this all before, but I really want Adam Warlock to show up and be a big part of at least Infinity War, if not the MCU in general going forward. I've been trying to think of a dream casting choice, but haven't really hit upon anything that jumps out at me as a perfect fit.

Royal

The other possibility I've seen thrown out there for Dinklage is one of the Watchers.

Royal

Pretty sure the rights to the Watcher are with Fox. Who's got that Venn diagram?

It's probably a similar situation to the skrulls. Skrulls as a race are shared with specific unique skrulls, like Super Skrull, belonging to Fox. There were multiple Watchers and they appeared beyond FF. Fox likely has the rights to Uatu though.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
He should show up as Puck, along with the rest of Alpha Flight and they can get a movie in Phase 4.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
+1 for Puck. That's who I thought of, but then again, I don't know of many Marvel midgets.

• 1Solidarity

Rais

Trakanon Raider
lol Puck. Get the fuck out of here with that C grade crap. Dude gonna be Pip the Troll.

Royal

It's questionable that Marvel has the rights to Alpha Flight. They have a lot of history with the X-Men.

But it's just as questionable as to if they have the rights to Adam Warlock, since he first appeared in FF as Him.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's questionable that Marvel has the rights to Alpha Flight. They have a lot of history with the X-Men.

But it's just as questionable as to if they have the rights to Adam Warlock, since he first appeared in FF as Him.
I'd be interested to find out how they determine what characters,storylines, etc. are included when they license out something like "X-Men" since there's so much overlap with other Marvel IPs. My instinct would be to think that the contract would explicitly state the characters that they are entitled to - but then how would you explain Quicksilver in both universes? Interesting stuff.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Wow that's the dumbest Marvel recasting decision ever, of all the ppl in the Marvel universe, i'm sure we all remember Liv Tyler as Betty fucking Ross
Liv doesn't have a whole lot going on these days... let her have this one.

• 1Like

Royal

I'd be interested to find out how they determine what characters,storylines, etc. are included when they license out something like "X-Men" since there's so much overlap with other Marvel IPs. My instinct would be to think that the contract would explicitly state the characters that they are entitled to - but then how would you explain Quicksilver in both universes? Interesting stuff.

I don't think everything is broken down at the character level into specific lists as to who has what. Some of the characters probably are, like the individual original Fantastic Four members or Spider-Man, but most of them probably fall under some sort of title system that has room for interpretation. Fox has the rights to "mutants" which is why the Quicksilver we saw in AoU wasn't the mutant son of Magneto. The character had a lot of history with the Avengers but they had to make some changes to his origin (and Wanda's) to be able to use him.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I don't think everything is broken down at the character level into specific lists as to who has what. Some of the characters probably are, like the individual original Fantastic Four members or Spider-Man, but most of them probably fall under some sort of title system that has room for interpretation. Fox has the rights to "mutants" which is why the Quicksilver we saw in AoU wasn't the mutant son of Magneto. The character had a lot of history with the Avengers but they had to make some changes to his origin (and Wanda's) to be able to use him.
yup, for those that want to know, how
axis-7-15.jpg

retconned that they've had their genes fuck w/ from the high evolutionary.

but her two kids that she created from mephistos souls and reincarated into two mutants are real mutants tho, i think...