Marvel Universe Stuff

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Speaking of after credits scenes... Do you think Spider-Man: Homecoming will have a scene about Avengers?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's my other fear is that they'll make Captain Marvel the end all be all for SJW reasons.

o1PU0hh.gif

Why does it have to be SJW reasons if she ends up more powerful? Captain Marvel, like all comic book characters, has had varying power levels throughout her various incarnations. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes she was significantly more powerful than any of the other Avengers, being able to rumble with multiple Super Skrulls and actually stagger Galactus.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 120724

Why does it have to be SJW reasons if she ends up more powerful? Captain Marvel, like all comic book characters, has had varying power levels throughout her various incarnations. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes she was significantly more powerful than any of the other Avengers, being able to rumble with multiple Super Skrulls and actually stagger Galactus.

Sure, ok. But if they're going to create a char for the MCU in 2018, and then throw it into the pilot seat for IW1 and 2, it sorta feels fucking gay if it's not what everyone knows as the "pilot" of the whole thing, i.e. Adam.

Basically two good options for the MCU: Adam, or team-style. If they absolutely need a macguffin singular hero that isn't Adam, at least make it one that's more established in the MCU.

-edit- All of that said, I'm looking forward to Cap Marvel, because I would do terrible, naughty things to that woman. Rawr.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Eh, Captain Marvel is pretty well established, and you can call it SJW if you like, but it fills a huge gap in their universe by dropping a massively badass female (on a par with Wonder Woman no less) directly into the center of everything. Sure, Black Widow might have worked but I think she's doing great appearing in other stuff, and her movie would probably end up being a lot like Winter Soldier in tone. Captain Marvel can go any direction they choose pretty much. Including savior of the MCU against Thanos, much as I'd love for that to be Warlock.

I am still hopeful for an appearance by him in the second movie, after Thanos has wrecked fools and things look bleak. I feel like keeping that a secret would be one of the ultimate nerdgasms in the making...but I realize that 99% of the people that go see these movies would have no fucking clue who he was or why a bunch of people in the theater came in their pants when he appeared.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would be OK with Captain Marvel being key because I like her, and she basically wields an external/cosmic-ish power source anyway although not sure what they'll do for the MCU. But would vastly prefer team-based over anything, even if Adam is included I think going team route is superior. The movies are at their best when it's heavy interaction between the characters, and frequently at their worst when one character is hogging the spotlight.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
...but I realize that 99% of the people that go see these movies would have no fucking clue who he was or why a bunch of people in the theater came in their pants when he appeared.

I came in my pants hard when Thanos was at the end of Avengers. People were shocked at my reaction. I'm pretty sure I yelled OMG at the top of my lungs. I don't normally do that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I'd rather they make Captain Marvel a heavy hitter like Thor and Hulk, but what bugs me is where do you take her if she's the one that defeats Thanos? I suppose you could do the memory loss deal they did in the comics. That could make for some interesting material for her solo movies. I dunno, that's why I don't run the MCU, I just fanboy out on it.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It really depends on how Thanos ends up being defeated. He wasn't overpowered by another in the comics. He got caught up in the rush of his own power, fucked up, and the least likely yet most deserving (of some payback) person there brought it to an end.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd rather they make Captain Marvel a heavy hitter like Thor and Hulk, but what bugs me is where do you take her if she's the one that defeats Thanos? I suppose you could do the memory loss deal they did in the comics. That could make for some interesting material for her solo movies. I dunno, that's why I don't run the MCU, I just fanboy out on it.

Have her "burn out" her power, and then de-power her. It's been done in comics 1000x.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Or, they could easily attribute her victory over Thanos (assuming she is actually the main one to do it) to the Infinity Gems/Gauntlet, and once that is taken away from her she's just another Thor-level hero.

I'd much rather something like that happen than depower her, because I will enjoy her more if she's a world-beater type instead of beating up run of the mill "metahumans" like say on the CW shows. Have her tangle with the Inhumans if that is still part of the future plans even. Or Hulk goes berserk and she helps. Or fucking aliens (too bad it can't be Shi-Ar) even. Dunno, anything but depowering her, please.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
It really depends on how Thanos ends up being defeated. He wasn't overpowered by another in the comics. He got caught up in the rush of his own power, fucked up, and the least likely yet most deserving (of some payback) person there brought it to an end.

I went back and re-read the entire series. I forgot, it was his ego that beat him and not the heroes.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I flipped through the last few pages and while Thanos got beat by his ego, Warlock still ended the conflict.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They haven't even started filming Captain Marvel yet.

They could have footage shot as part of Infinity War or shot during filming specifically for making an early trailer.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user