Marvel Universe Stuff

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Pip the Troll confirmed!
MarSwim03.jpg

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So a Lego set for Guardians 2 shows a mini figure for 'Her,' god dammit do I want to see 'Him.' With it looking like Pip is happening it just might. Do that and you have the Magus setup for the main villain going forward, and you can see Thanos' non evil side.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So a Lego set for Guardians 2 shows a mini figure for 'Her,' god dammit do I want to see 'Him.'

I wish we could get the execs for all of the major studios imbibed with truth serum and find out once and for all who has the rights to what. Her is another limbo character. Universal might have the rights because she first appeared in The Incredible Hulk as Paragon but maybe Marvel has negotiated some sort of usage deal or maybe their original deal with Universal didn't include tertiary characters, who knows at this point?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I wish we could get the execs for all of the major studios imbibed with truth serum and find out once and for all who has the rights to what. Her is another limbo character. Universal might have the rights because she first appeared in The Incredible Hulk as Paragon but maybe Marvel has negotiated some sort of usage deal or maybe their original deal with Universal didn't include tertiary characters, who knows at this point?
Well we're getting Ayesha in Vol.2 so Marvel must have some ability to use Her... pun intended.
Remind me, the three character who took over the dead bodies were...
Pip, Gamora, and Adam Warlock?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Digging the Thanos concept art. Needs the classic gold/blue. Also need his eyes to constantly be all white or glowing when in his armor. Possible effect of the gauntlet. The more realistic eyes throw me off.

This is gonna be fun

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope they don't skip out on to many of the celestials and entities like Eternity, Infinity, Master Hate and Mistress Love. Depending on how true some of that concept art is looks like thor doens't have Mjolnir and has Jarnbjorn instead, wouldn't be surprised if they put the Soul Gem inside Mjolnir with it's whole judgement shtick.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I saw an interesting theory that maybe the Soul Gem is held by, or even inside, Heimdall. The reasoning behind it is that we know the Soul Gem is orange, and he has orange glowy eyes, has said before that he can see "all the souls in the nine kingdoms", and during Thor's visions in Avengers 2 he saw a ravaged Asgard with Heimdall having lost his eyesight (white eyes without his trademark pupils).. Since they've said before that the Gauntlet we saw in Odin's vault in "Thor" wasn't just a throwaway easter egg but is actually one of a pair, it could make sense that Odin also has one gem and asked his most faithful guardian to hold onto it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
He also has a vaguely orangish (too much brown) gem in his breastplate.

Not gonna lie, I'll be super disappointed if they go that route. Sure, I really want Adam Warlock to show up and have it more than anything, but assuming that isn't going to happen, I still want it to be more than just sitting there in front of us the whole time and not really doing anything. Heimdall would have fucked Loki and everyone else up if he actually had the soul gem.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
He also has a vaguely orangish (too much brown) gem in his breastplate.

Not gonna lie, I'll be super disappointed if they go that route. Sure, I really want Adam Warlock to show up and have it more than anything, but assuming that isn't going to happen, I still want it to be more than just sitting there in front of us the whole time and not really doing anything. Heimdall would have fucked Loki and everyone else up if he actually had the soul gem.
I guess we could hope for a GotGv2 after credit scene with Adam Warlock and Ayesha, but I'm losing hope as well. I feel like we would have gotten a casting by now... i dunno maybe not. Would be an amazing secret to keep though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

I guess we could hope for a GotGv2 after credit scene with Adam Warlock and Ayesha, but I'm losing hope as well. I feel like we would have gotten a casting by now... i dunno maybe not. Would be an amazing secret to keep though.

In a recent interview Chris Pratt said that in GotG2 we find out who Peter hopes his father is and who is dad actually ends up being (which we already know is Ego). Maybe, just maybe, he ends up meeting Adam Warlock at the same time that he encounters Ayesha and that is the source of his false hope, because he would roughly match his mother's description.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, not getting my hopes up, expecting Kismet or Captain Marvel to fill the role of Adam Warlock in the story or something.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, not getting my hopes up, expecting Kismet or Captain Marvel to fill the role of Adam Warlock in the story or something.
That's my other fear is that they'll make Captain Marvel the end all be all for SJW reasons. If they make Ayesha the Warlock stand-in it would ok... I guess... I don't know enough about Elizabeth Debicki to judge if she could carry a movie. Then again, the way they killed off Ronan, it also wouldn't surprise me if they killed off Her as well.

Royal

I don't know enough about Elizabeth Debicki to judge if she could carry a movie.

I thought she made for a pretty good she villain in The Man From UNCLE. She didn't have to carry the movie in that sort of role but I'm not so sure that an Adam Warlock type of character will be carrying the Infinity War movies either (in spite of his role in the comic version).

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
That kind of raises another question I've been having. With Thanos as the mega bad, it seems logical that they would do the Infinity Gauntlet story, which most people assume they are. But they title it Infinity War, witch is the Warlock/Magus story. I assume it's going to be a new take on the story like Civil War and Age of Ultron. So it gets even more confusing when they cast Pip who is closely tied to Adam Warlock. Then again we have a different version of Gamora and Drax...

Needless to say, this year with GotGv2 and Thor 3 will be an awesome setup and hopefully give us a picture of the upcoming story.

Royal

Yeah it will definitely be an adaption. It has to be because of the movie rights issue alone. And it wouldn't make sense to take all of these characters that Marvel has invested so much time into developing on screen to then reduce almost all of them to bit player status for the crescendo. Of the ones they have established in-house Strange is the only one with any sort of truly significant role in the original. And Cap gets a little moment as I recall (it's been a while since I read it).

The Russo's have said that if the next movie were said to have a main character it would be Thanos. So I'm guessing much of it will focus on him collecting most of the stone. Perhaps Adam doesn't make the scene until that actually starts going down (if at all obviously).

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, we were talking a while back that a Thanos Quest story would be fun. Either way my body is ready