Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the episode, much more than The Flash to be honest. It isn't stupendous or anything, but Coulson is consistently awesome, Daisy is hot as fuck and way better than she used to be, and Aida is hot as fuck too. Just reconfirms my feelings that once we have legitimate sexbots, the western world is fucked and Islam will win. Fitz and Simmons are consistently great, although a little backburner recently maybe. I also really like the new director despite the fact that we're not supposed to trust him or like him much.

The twist is definitely a shocker, wondering where they are going with it.
Is it really as sinister as it looks, or is May brain-dead maybe, and they transferred her into a LMD to "save" her? Of course, Aida snapping that guy's neck can't be good no matter what, but I'd be surprised if it was something as simple as just trying to infiltrate more of them into SHIELD. And I have to wonder if the doctor knows what is going on, although he'd have to be an idiot to not have checked his little storage bays once in awhile I suppose. And any Darkhold-related evil shouldn't have happened until well after May was saved, which I'm assuming is when this happened.

I guess what it comes down to is that I don't want Aida to be the typical evil robot. Maybe if she looked like Lena Dunham I would be rooting for her to be evil so they could kill her though, so her being hot as fuck probably plays a big part.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I liked the Agent Koenig joke and the Daisy Johnson, Director of Shield line.

Adia was the queen on Galavant but is way hotter on this show. And I'm glad Daisy feels the need to keep her jumpsuit unzipped down below her cleavage.

It'll be fun to find out when May was swapped. I'm hoping that they find out LMDs have been around a while with Stark's line in Avengers and the Koenig triplets.

Cybsled

It seems clear Ada reading the book did something bad. My guess is her directive is to save agent lives got corrupted, kinda like that AI in the Will Smith 'I, Robot' movie. In the film it took saving human lives to an extreme and also reinterpreted it at humans in general as opposed to an actual individual human, which it justified killing if it meant preserving the overall main goal.

Here, she is probably thinking saving agent lives = replacing them with LMD. She killed a shield agent, but maybe justified it as saving more overall by keeping this a secret. She didn't seem to enthusiastic about doing it after all.

I know it is a comic book show, but I am sick of "AI = EVIL LULZ" being rehashed a bazillion times.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think this was the best run of AoS so far. I hope Ghost Rider isn't gone and he comes back to help later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was a pretty good season so far as well, and I'm looking forward to the second half. I'm enjoying it more than Flash and Arrow

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is it really as sinister as it looks, or is May brain-dead maybe, and they transferred her into a LMD to "save" her? Of course, Aida snapping that guy's neck can't be good no matter what, but I'd be surprised if it was something as simple as just trying to infiltrate more of them into SHIELD. And I have to wonder if the doctor knows what is going on, although he'd have to be an idiot to not have checked his little storage bays once in awhile I suppose. And any Darkhold-related evil shouldn't have happened until well after May was saved, which I'm assuming is when this happened.

I guess what it comes down to is that I don't want Aida to be the typical evil robot. Maybe if she looked like Lena Dunham I would be rooting for her to be evil so they could kill her though, so her being hot as fuck probably plays a big part.

No it happened after she saved fitz and coulson. Remember we saw her building a brain at the end? My guess is that this was may's brain and she chose may because she had access to her files and shit from having just killed and revived her. Whatever her purpose is, it's sinister because AI is always bad. Except Jarvis and Vision, I guess.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No it happened after she saved fitz and coulson. Remember we saw her building a brain at the end? My guess is that this was may's brain and she chose may because she had access to her files and shit from having just killed and revived her. Whatever her purpose is, it's sinister because AI is always bad. Except Jarvis and Vision, I guess.
Not going to spoiler anymore.

No, she read the Darkhold well after May needed to be saved with Aida's power source, that's what I was referring to. If that's not the time they swapped May, then that's really surprising. You could be right if they decided to swap her sometime later, but my impression was that she was still there from when they tried to save her. I could be wrong though.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I left a part out. I don't think may has been swapped. I think what's in the closet is whatever aida created after reading the darkhole. I assume it'll be another LMD.

The only problem with that theory is, wasn't the one in the closet beat up? Was she chained? If yes to both of those, then I guess she was swapped at some point. Like when May was sent to fetch Aida. Shit, I completely forgot May was sent to fetch Aida.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I left a part out. I don't think may has been swapped. I think what's in the closet is whatever aida created after reading the darkhole. I assume it'll be another LMD.

The only problem with that theory is, wasn't the one in the closet beat up? Was she chained? If yes to both of those, then I guess she was swapped at some point. Like when May was sent to fetch Aida. Shit, I completely forgot May was sent to fetch Aida.
May had a bloodied mark on her head and an IV when they showed her slumped in that closet, so I presume she was deliberately targeted for replacement. I also assume May's body is what the guy saw when he opened it up in the first place, so Aida silenced him.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I had forgotten that may went to fetch aida by herself. I had to digest that shit. Imma see if I can watch it again.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I guess I'll have to rewatch parts of the episodes to see clothing and such, but I felt they replaced May way back when. If they just replaced her when she went to go retrieve Aida this episode, that's pretty dumb.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Are we going to assume the LMD would have all of May's memories? Because I'm thinking it had to be her when she was alone (other than other-dimension coulson) bitching about never drinking that bottle of whatever. That was before aida read the darkhole. Post-dakrhole may, I could believe might have them, but pre-darkhole may? No way.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
But was it after her near-death experience? Because if they did something to her then, like copied her brain or whatever, then it would have been LMD May bitching, not real May.

I'm going to have to look into this over the weekend when I can get to the episodes again.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Oh and something I forgot to say earlier, I was laughing at when Aida got shot. To me, it looked like someone pretending to be a robot and staying in character after being shot. "No no, I'm programmed to AHAHHHHHHHH FUCK programmed to accurately HOLY SHIT IS HURTS mimic flesh and blood so IT BURNSSSSSSSS so whoever killed me won't know the difference ISEE A LIGHT GRANDPA IS TELLING ME TO WALK TOWARDS THE LIGHT."

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Are we going to assume the LMD would have all of May's memories? Because I'm thinking it had to be her when she was alone (other than other-dimension coulson) bitching about never drinking that bottle of whatever. That was before aida read the darkhole. Post-dakrhole may, I could believe might have them, but pre-darkhole may? No way.

My bet is she used the brain scanning helmet they used on May before to make a backup of May's brain then overlapping it into the synthetic "LMD 2.0" brain she was designing. Essentially making a warm swap May backup. I am also kinda tired of the "AI will go all evil and skynet and shit" story over and over... When will they do an "AI just turns out to be really nymphomanical sexbot who can't get enough of Fitz" storyline? sheesh...