Minecraft

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Nice Soygen! I've decided for now that since I'm having a hard time getting any inspiration for buildings, I'll at least work on the roads for the medieval project. I don't know if we already have a community chest site at spawn, but if we don't, may I suggest we start one of some kind? I remember we had a huge chest area for Mina's Tirith way back that really helped us speed things along. Not that cobble is exactly all that hard to get, but the more stone I can get easily, the better. There are all sorts of little things that can be done for each project we want to do. Even if you aren't feeling inspired to do any big buildings, just a few basic small homes, all of the same design can still go a long way in making a town-type project feel more fleshed out. There's all sorts of little things that can be done to flesh the medieval project out in particular, such as-

-walls or fences surrounding the whole project
-torches spread out systematically to keep creepers and zombies out
-little houses like mentioned above
-little accents like fountains, lamps near roads, flower gardens near buildings

Those are just some ideas for starters
+1 on community chest

so is this a survival server? How's this work? Looks pretty cool.
It is survival. Some mods (health bars of mobs for example) were installed but not really core altering. You need to get the IP/port address from McFly's posts in this thread and request to be given permission (whitelisted) to login. Other than that it works like single player, except with other people.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Doh I was rendering this today. Didn't notice the screenie above. Oh well here it is anyway. I'm going to post an top down view of the medieval area.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nice overhead view. Quick question about the roads. Should we keep them to a certain plan, like grid or x amount of space per lot for future buildings, or should we just go with it by winging it?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Soygen, Unicornia would like to recruit you for its forces. You will server as squire to Adebisi. Plz respond.

Say hello to your new home.

aDfpjW7.jpg

aDfpjW7.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are you guys in the desert area near the medieval project?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nope, we have no way point to our home. You've got to TP to one of us and set home.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Update overhead of the Medieval project area. Some awesome structures are going up.

I think it might be cool to build a castle in the center of the forest or in the open fields in the south east. Perhaps...perhaps not.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
What's with the huge, flat area behind my tower? Was that naturally made?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It's weird. There's a hole leading down into an equally large flat area a few blocks underground.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Forgot to post this render. I created a massive traditional forest called Ey'Jun Forest. I've put a warp sign at /spawn if you'd like to explore it, build in it, or whatever. Here's a image to entice you... (Keep in mind that the image is only a fraction of this area). Enjoy!

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I can't connect to the server for some reason. I can see it on the server list and see there are 4 people on, but when I go to connect it's giving me a "Disconnected by server. Internal Server Error".

Can you check the log to see what's going on? Was working fine two days ago(this is from home - i could connect from work fine today). Maybe you just need to move me to /spawn

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ill check it, hang tight

Edit: I don't have any banned players or ip's. You're whitelisted so I'm not sure why you can't connect.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Forgot to post this render. I created a massive traditional forest called Ey'Jun Forest. I've put a warp sign at /spawn if you'd like to explore it, build in it, or whatever. Here's a image to entice you... (Keep in mind that the image is only a fraction of this area). Enjoy!
How did you get these huge trees? Did you use a mod to create unique biomes?

Also unrelated question - does Rei's minimap work if installed only on the client side? or would that have to be installed on the server as well?

I can't connect to the server for some reason. I can see it on the server list and see there are 4 people on, but when I go to connect it's giving me a "Disconnected by server. Internal Server Error".

Can you check the log to see what's going on? Was working fine two days ago(this is from home - i could connect from work fine today). Maybe you just need to move me to /spawn
Connection errors, if it's on your side, usually means there is a problem with Java or your minecraft.jar (especially if you have any mod installed). I would update the first and force update the .jar from Minecraft's launcher. I know I've had that error pop up because of bukkit and other plugins before.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It wasn't on my end. It was on the server end. McFly moved me back to my /home spot and I could log in.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
McFly,

Do I need to downgrade back to 1.5.1 or will you update the server to 1.5.2 today?