MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some of y'all getting too upset. Just roll with it.

Is Askren an athlete? Sure. Did that mean anything in this fight? No.

If it had been an MMA fight my money would have easily been on Ben just wrestle-raping him. But in a boxing match? With a wrestler who has almost no standup, and what little standup he has is more for moving forward and initiating his wrestling?

This fight was like having Paul crush a can.

Anyone who bought into this fight as anything other than Askren getting paid to let Paul publicly embarrass him, is just fucking delusional.

God damned, where's Jorge right now?

tenor.gif
Why are you fixating on this athlete thing when it was just Jozu being retarded and people calling him out? I don't remember anyone saying Askren was actually going to win this.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Why are you fixating on this athlete thing when it was just Jozu being retarded and people calling him out? I don't remember anyone saying Askren was actually going to win this.

Bro, I woke up, made some coffee, ate a bowl of Reese's Puffs, and laughed my ass off while making some low-effort memes.

If that's fixating to you, well then, ok.

But if someone cared enough to argue semantics over "athlete" and now they're upset? I just DGAF. That shit is funny to me.

I mean, why did Askren being an "athlete" even matter if no one thought he he was going to win? That's just a weird hill to die on, and that's literally not my problem.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bro, I woke up, made some coffee, ate a bowl of Reese's Puffs, and laughed my ass off while making some low-effort memes.

If that's fixating to you, well then, ok.

But if someone cared enough to argue semantics over "athlete" and now they're upset? I just DGAF. That shit is funny to me.

I mean, why did Askren being an "athlete" even matter if no one thought he he was going to win? That's just a weird hill to die on, and that's literally not my problem.
It's weird that you're fixating on this hill to die on.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its weird that you fixate on other people's opinions so fiercely.

Im an easy going guy. I have admitted I was wrong on here more times than I can count. Sometimes you are right sometimes you are wrong.

I guess I was wrong about the Dictionary definition of an athlete.

But I was right as fucking rain when it came down to Ben Askew being an out of shape retard who is going to get crushed.

You should try it sometime Gavinmad. Live a little. Make some predictions yourself, liven it up. You dont have to sit on the fence all day and just criticize other peoples ideas and posting effort.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its weird that you fixate on other people's opinions so fiercely.

Im an easy going guy. I have admitted I was wrong on here more times than I can count. Sometimes you are right sometimes you are wrong.

I guess I was wrong about the Dictionary definition of an athlete.

But I was right as fucking rain when it came down to Ben Askew being an out of shape retard who is going to get crushed.

You should try it sometime Gavinmad. Live a little. Make some predictions yourself, liven it up. You dont have to sit on the fence all day and just criticize other peoples ideas and posting effort.
It's weird that you're butting in on me messing with Big Ern.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

All you people dogging on Askren would still get lit up by him lol.

he’s just turned into a characature now, he did so much stupid pub for this fight. Clearly a cash grab.

Jozu

Im not sure Askren would light anyone up with his hands. He looks so inept, I honestly had the thought of, "I wonder if I could land a clean right on that boy?!"

I mean, obviously thats ridiculous, but he looked so bad in every piece of video footage i have ever seen of him trying to punch a target it actually made me question who he COULD beat in a boxing match?

If he fought the Chinse Lady from the UFC, he would get smoked. He would probably lose a boxing match to Snoop Dogg for fucks sake. Thats what was so strange about the fight when I first heard about it. Why Askren lol? Such an odd choice.

People make fun of Jake Paul, and hate on him for not being a "real" fighter. He is now 3-0 as a pro, and just made almost 1 million $ for less than 2 minutes of quick work. He made a decent chunk on the undercard of the Tyson fight as well. Think about it, no other boxer on Earth has made, or would make that kind of money in his first 3 fights, except if your Lomachenko or something (Lomachenko made 1 million in his 2nd pro fight).

What he is doing is smart imo. He will really earn my respect if he decides to transition to actually fighting ranked guys at cruiserweight, or cuts to light heavy. If he chases an alphabet title and starts knocking out real fighters then he will attain the status he craves. But if he just keeps knocking out can "personalities" and "big names" then he will just be a sideshow type entertainer a couple levels above the WWE.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If you listen to Askren post fight interview he didn't give a fuck about all this. Hes just laughing they paid him a half million.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
He looked like he barely trained walking in there. He was just walking into a payday.

Meanwhile Jake has still never fought an actual boxer so we really don't know how good he is. He's rich and has a lot of time on his hands, he can hire the best coaches, who knows how far he'll go.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
I am assuming you mean he'd lose a boxing match to Zhang and not an actual fight. She's crazy strong for a 115 pound woman, He's like 190 pounds, what the fuck dude.

• 1Midwit

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He'll never put himself into a situation where he could lose to a real fighter(not old/retired etc etc) because it would damage his brand too much.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am assuming you mean he'd lose a boxing match to Zhang and not an actual fight. She's crazy strong for a 115 pound woman, He's like 190 pounds, what the fuck dude.
It's Jozu, the retarded stuff he says is a traditional part of this thread.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If you listen to Askren post fight interview he didn't give a fuck about all this. Hes just laughing they paid him a half million.
true enough

Ben Askren: $350,000 ($200,000/$150,000)

Robbie Lawler: $200,000

Ben Askren ($210,000/$160,000) vs. Jorge Masvidal ($1000,000/$100,000)Welterweight

Ben Askren: $263,500 ($210,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Demian Maia: $250,000 ($90,000 to show, $90,000 win bonus, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $20,000 fight week incentive pay)

if herb deen was a competent ref, askrens true UFC record would be 0-3

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Erronius legend.

He was slept before he hit the canvas. The fact he even tried to get up was surprising.

edit: There were like 7 commentators, and they were talking over eachother. Triller needs to do something else with that, because hearing Snoop Dogg yell GIVE ME MY MOTHERFUCKING MONEY over and over during the KO was not it.

He woke up because he hit the canvas

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Woodley might be feeling a bit dumb after talking his college buddy so much only to have him take a nap in the first round.

Jozu

Jake needs to fight someone dangerous. If not a real boxer, then an accomplished mma striker.

He needs a challenge.

• 1Like