MMA Thread

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
another super espn card, at least it isn't on during middle of the day.

UFC on ESPN 61
main card will air on ESPN and ESPN+ at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Saturday.
Prelims begin at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT on the same platforms.

UFC on ESPN 61
Marcin Tybura (252) vs. Serghei Spivac (238)
Damon Jackson (146) vs. Jose Mariscal (149.5)*
Danny Barlow (171.25)**
vs. Nikolay Veretennikov (170.5)
Chris Gutierrez (136) vs. Quang Le (136)
Chelsea Chandler (141)*** vs. Yana Santos (135.5)
Charalampos Grigoriou (136) vs. Toshiomi Kazama (136)
Pannie Kianzad (135.5) vs. Karol Rosa (135.5)
Jhonata Diniz (258) vs. Karl Williams (243)
Jarno Errens (145.5) vs. Youssef Zalal (145.5)
Talita Alencar (115.5) vs. Stephanie Luciano (115)

* Mariscal missed the featherweight limit by 3.5 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse.
** Barlow missed weight the welterweight limit by .25 pounds and will be fined 20% of his purse.
*** Chandler missed the bantamweight limit by five pounds and will be fined a percentage of her purse.
20%? Doesn't he normally fine by more than that? Why the decrease? Just curious

Goatface

1723476978409.png

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I've seen where they're supposed to do a BJJ match? And I'm not that familiar with Craig Jones and CJI but I think he's organizing the event? Also weird that it seems like it is competing with ADCC, but whatever.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
whats going on here?

gabbis a big rhoid bitch that retired before covid and i guess now she wants back in.

it's not actually mma, just grappling

she's actually a really good grappler

but shes known for just being a freak show, her famous "match" is

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
she's actually a really good grappler

I don't know that I would say "really good". She's accumulated a lot of titles by virtue of being hugely bigger than her opponents. And yes, I've personally rolled with her.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

1723811604016.png

little surprised leach is that big of a dog. tai on a 4 loss streak, but was against most of the best in the division. they are going with 6pm weigh-ins so less time for recovery if anyone cuts big.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't know that I would say "really good". She's accumulated a lot of titles by virtue of being hugely bigger than her opponents. And yes, I've personally rolled with her.

I'd roll with her too, ifyouknowwhatImean

But seriously, she comes off as pretty awkward, and she's gone through so many WEIRD weight gains and losses. For a while after her TUF appearance (where she looked like a fucking gorrilla) she actually lost a lot of weight and looked decently attractive. #would #maybe #fuckIdontknow

But I think I've seen her say that she likes being huge?

I kind of feel sorry for her. She doesn't really get much/any respect. I think her ex-husband beat her pretty bad? And I remember seeing interviews with her years ago where she seemed like some sort of shy chick trapped in a frankenwoman's body. Just awkward as fuck.

She's always been sort of a freak show but she seemed to have leaned into it a lot so /shrug

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I had completely forgot about this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I've seen where they're supposed to do a BJJ match? And I'm not that familiar with Craig Jones and CJI but I think he's organizing the event? Also weird that it seems like it is competing with ADCC, but whatever.

craig jones is doing an amazing troll job on ADCC by running a tournament on the same weekend and streaming it live on youtube (currently running now). he's been making a point about shitty fighter pay so he rounded up some donors and is offering $10k per fighter and one million for the tournament winner. he's been going on JRE / lex fridman / various podcasts talking about it. they are also using the sloped karate combat wall to stop gaming the open mat rules.

the finale is the gabi fight and he's offered a mill if she beats him, or she has to do an onlyfans video with him if he leglocks her. he's been sexualising her for a while now and he seems super keen on climbing that particular mountain. he's a funny cunt and hopefully brings some pay changes to the sport.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The Timer should be ignored in the event of an ongoing submission attempt, Nolf wasn't getting out of that reverse triangle

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user