MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
DDP seemed so gassed after the 2nd round, I didn't think he had it in him for the finish. Good stuff

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
DDP seemed so gassed after the 2nd round, I didn't think he had it in him for the finish. Good stuff
he was gassed cuz izzy kept on cheating

fence grab 1 and 2 (he had multiples in there)
55dafa8214bfc464bb03e466d1964b18.jpg

so fucking blatent
d1e289a2e269a5ef7a314f1a54608d0f.jpg

(and was hanging on for 3-4 seconds... that ddp was trying to drag him down)

ddp tried to back mount and...

another fence grab
3b77057de38a90d77a261b7f9dfee048.jpg

and another!

every time ddp tries to drag him down

fence grab
5f46766b1eadec5ffa0402892a9c241d.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are front kicks like that allowed? I should know this but I never seen it done really in mma. Same goes for air chokes

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Are front kicks like that allowed? I should know this but I never seen it done really in mma. Same goes for air chokes

Yes. Air chokes are also done regularly, they just get lumped into the "RNC" category when stats are compiled.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Remind me what the UFC rules are for kicking a downed opponent? I saw like 3 in that montage that were questionable.

Either way, I like this dude. Haven't been watching UFC for a few years. I need to watch some roundtree fights.

Homsar

Yeah it looked there was a few questionable strikes, one is an obvious strike to the back of the head

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it looked there was a few questionable strikes, one is an obvious strike to the back of the head
You can't strike to the back of the head? I know that's a rule in boxing, didn't know they added it to UFC rules.

member when they called themselves no hold barred?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You can't strike to the back of the head? I know that's a rule in boxing, didn't know they added it to UFC rules.

You wouldn't know because it's barely enforced unless its repeated over and over again. No ref will stop a fight or take a point for it. Many instances it's just a verbal warning while things continue and the fighter will even get a few more hits in while in the position. There's no real limit to the amount of verbal warnings that I've seen. Ref will just keep saying not to do it and nothing comes of it. It's overdue for enforcement and making an example out of some people, but it's like that with a lot of rules. Bending rules to get ahead is very MMA.

Nice fence grabs Izzy.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

every fighter has a mohawk, you cannot strike to the back of the head where the imaginary mohawk is

• 1Seriously?

Homsar

Judge cant decide if it's a point deduction right? Im kind of hazy on everything since I just watch events during BBQ ect. Eye pokes, groin strikes, rabbit punches ect come down to the ref or and no contest if the fighter says he can't continue. The new gloves are supposed to prevent eye pokes and fence grabbing I thought but everything I've heard is the gloves are just shit.

Punches to the back of the head is no joke