Monster Hunter Wilds

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Na quite a few changes, but lance kinda looks the same in a lot of stuff, if you look at it closely though there's a lot of differences compared to world.

Power guard into attack has a new animation(little jump instead of just a poke)

Side hop pokes which is a huge change for repositioning since you used to only be able to do hops, not attack at the same time, the sidehop attacks also seem like they don't break the 123 combo, and there's a new "finisher" after a set of 3 with 3 quick pokes in a row.

Another new move is the counter shield bash. In World you rarely can bash anything cause it's clunky as fuck, in Rise you could bash and get stuns decently with Sunbreak cause they added the forward hop that also blocks+bash at the same time, but this is a new move that's extremely fast(0:28, the block into shield bash is almost instant). The focus move also starts with a shield bash, so lance should see a good amount of stun potential similar to Rise, which helps getting damage windows to compensate for the usually lower damage output.

Right after the focus part, there's another new move, seems like a charged attack similar to Greatsword. Glows white, then brown, doesn't seem to block but instead just super armor through the move? Might still be counted as a block. Follows up with the power guard jump poke but twice in a row.

Finally the last frame is again a new move, shield bash into high poke in a quick 1-2 combo.

Overall that seems like the most new stuff out of any of the videos, it's just very thematic stuff and not flashy, but as someone who mains Lance I'm very happy with this direction, I really liked that in Rise they made you use your shield for damage too, it makes sense, and in Wilds it's going to be a big thing it seems, if only to force one stun per hunt if the numbers are not great. The side hops will also allow some interesting things, it'll be harder to stick to agile monsters than in Rise where you could agressively spam forward hops since they were safe but if you angle yourself right you can probably gap close a bit with them, and they'll potentially allow more damage uptime if you can use them to dodge stuff. The charge move is also potentially the new thing to spam when monster is down, it doesn't look fucking dumb as shit like Rise moves at least.
The backhop into stab that hits three times is the game changer from sunbreak.

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Got monster hunter world today because people say the combat is 'souls-like'.

No it isn't. Maybe dark souls meets pokemon-like.

Nothing like souls, very underwhelming game. Glad I only wasted $9.99.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Combat is not Soul like. I never liked delay in character reactions.

Wasn't a fan either at first but when you learn to cope with this you get an amazing game.

I tried on the gamecube MH and hated it.

The first MH where it "clicked" for me was on the DS.

Really hyped for the new game.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't categorize anything in Monster Hunter as soulslike at all.

The closest thing you can compare is that they do both focus on combat that does not have movement cancellation.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the only common word I would use in describing both is “deliberate” which is just a way of saying little to no cancel, like you said. Otherwise there is little to zero similarity.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got monster hunter world today because people say the combat is 'souls-like'.

No it isn't. Maybe dark souls meets pokemon-like.

Nothing like souls, very underwhelming game. Glad I only wasted $9.99.
Who said that? Never once have I seen anyone compare MH to DS… if smashing monster faces with insane progression didn’t grab you then for sure this ain't the game you looking for.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oof. No way my poor 3060 is gonna be running Wilds at 1440/60, unless they have a really good implementation of DLSS.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
1724250029840.png

1724250050005.png

• 1Mother of God

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh I like the removal of gender specific armor, while I like to wear slutty armor sometimes, it sucked how some of the full plate defensive armor had boob windows and shit on female chars, sometimes I just want to look like a fortress. Some of the differences were also bigger than just boob window/skirt. Since it lets you pick the styles you can still do both so that's great.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

If this is what they have already...they going ham on the rest of the game between now and release.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Do controllers rumble on PC if you’re using a PlayStation controller?

Yes, all controllers have vibration on them (can turn it off though as default in steam if I am not mistaken under controller settings, might have to go into big picture mode once to set it up). Depending on the game, they also take full advantage of every aspect of the PS5 controller (haptics and the likes if you like that).

Only thing that the PS4-5 controllers have issues with is automatic playstation icons. Especially in older games as they only show xbox icons in game. Sometimes that is fixed by turning off the steam overlay. But for many new games the button icons also differ from PS4 (the colored icons) to PS5 (use the white newer icons).

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This and Path of Exile 2 will be the only two games I will be playing for a long time.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Agreed. I have resigned myself to my fate that POE2 and Wilds will be pretty much all I play all 2025.

• 1Solidarity