Most Hated Man in America

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
he's right you know. Pretty much every person in congress would be guilty of insider trading if they weren't congressmen.
That's not how insider trading laws work. To get convicted of insider trading you have to have some kind of legal duty that you're violating, a CEO can't trade on nonpublic information about his corporation because he has a legal duty to that corporation. Without this duty it's perfectly legal to trade on nonpublic information you come across. From a legal perspective, Congressmen trading on information they come across doing their jobs is no different than a waiter that overhears a conversation between two executives and trades based on that information.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That's not how insider trading laws work. To get convicted of insider trading you have to have some kind of legal duty that you're violating, a CEO can't trade on nonpublic information about his corporation because he has a legal duty to that corporation. Without this duty it's perfectly legal to trade on nonpublic information you come across. From a legal perspective, Congressmen trading on information they come across doing their jobs is no different than a waiter that overhears a conversation between two executives and trades based on that information.
Lol come across? Yea I just accidentally proposed a new regulation that will greatly benefit a company I'm heavily invested in. I just accidentally requested confidential information which greatly helps me in deciding when I should sell our buy some stock.

a random waiter over hearing some gossip(what kind of executives would run their mouth about sensitive information in public anyways? none) isn't even in the same universe as the information that politicians have access to.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
That's not how insider trading laws work.To get convicted of insider trading you have to have some kind of legal duty that you're violating, a CEO can't trade on nonpublic information about his corporation because he has a legal duty to that corporation. Without this duty it's perfectly legal to trade on nonpublic information you come across. From a legal perspective, Congressmen trading on information they come across doing their jobs is no different than a waiter that overhears a conversation between two executives and trades based on that information.
What legal duty did Martha Stewart violate?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That guy is his lawyer, at one point during the video he leans forward and whispers sweet nothings in his smug ass ears.
The best part is when he tried to address the committee and was basically told to sit down and shut the fuck up. I did read somewhere that the lawyer only took on the case on the condition that the autistic little fuck shut his mouth, stop talking to the press and get the fuck off social media.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's odd seeing someone who likely isn't stupid just not get it. It's like they put a 13 year old from a wealthy family in a 30 year old businessman's body.
I read his parents were poor immigrants and janitors. I'm not sure where this silver spoon thing is coming from.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I read his parents were poor immigrants and janitors. I'm not sure where this silver spoon thing is coming from.
To clarify, I'm not saying he was born rich. I'm saying he conducts himself like a 13 year old spoiled rich brat.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Isn't one of the arguments Republicans have for getting rid of Obamacare is that the govt. has no right to decide what insurance companies should charge for private healthcare? As for the sick woman with aids shit, haven't insurance companies denied a shit load of people because of preexisting?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Isn't one of the arguments Republicans have for getting rid of Obamacare is that the govt. has no right to decide what insurance companies should charge for private healthcare?
I don't know if that's one of their arguments but in my opinion they shouldn't. They also shouldn't be able to force someone to buy said insurance at any price point. Then again I also feel like companies shouldn't get exclusive rights on xyz drug for 20 years or any amount of time due to patents etc.

If you make something, you should be able to sell it for whatever the fuck you want to sell it for. If someone else finds a way to make a similar product, they should also be able to sell it for whatever the fuck THEY want to sell it for.

Then again, you're delusional if you think any of these rich fuckwadsactuallycare about what happens to someone whether they have AIDS and are affected by this drug, or lost their home, or can't afford healthcare. This shit is just sympathy points with the general masses to keep them in their comfy ass lifestyle. That's why I also laugh at all the dipshit doctors who claim they got in to medicine to help people, but they won't help people unless they're pulling in 7 figures a year to do it. No, dickhead, you chose it for the fat paycheck/cozy lifestyle, not because you want to help/serve people.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's why I also laugh at all the dipshit doctors who claim they got in to medicine to help people, but they won't help people unless they're pulling in 7 figures a year to do it. No, dickhead, you chose it for the fat paycheck/cozy lifestyle, not because you want to help/serve people.
Holy shit you're retarded and dont know anything about doctors.

It's extremely rare to make 7 figures a year as a Dr and a lot are closer to the $100,000 a year. That's after 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of medical school then 3-8 years of residency where you're making roughly 50k a year.

At that point, if you've chosen a good speciality youcanmake into the mid 6 figures, but most don't. You also start out $300,000-$400,000 in debt due to student loans.

Then there are things like Doctors without Borders where they're making about 20k a year.

So yes, a lot of Drs actually do it because they enjoy helping people and aren't all selfish assholes.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
It's Wizardhawk. Last I checked the guy works in a Walmart and can't afford furniture so he sleeps on the floor of his apartment. I'd assume that from his point of view anything above 50k/yo is filthy rich. 7 figures was likely just a figure of speech and not to be taken too literally.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
rrr_img_125510.jpg

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yes, 7 digits was a figure of speech. I also obviously realize there are doctors who actually do do it to help people and don't make tons of money (because they actually want to help people). Last time I went to the hospital I was charged $80 for 2 tylenol. Literally two tylenol that I could go buy a bottle of 800 for 10 bucks, and they charged me 80. The doctor literally spent less than 5 minutes with me, and his cost was somewhere around $650. For less than 5 minutes. Even if he spent 2 hours looking at results/etc. that's fucking over $300 an hour. Totally in it to help people.

Are you trying to imply that making 100,000 a year is somehow barely scraping by status, Ambit?

PS: Before anyone chimes in about blah-blah expenses of hospitals being the reason, I already know that they charge out the ass for lots of reasons besides just doctor salaries but that doesn't really change the facts.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When I get the itemized bill they charge me for one shot of insulin what I pay for a month. To top it off I gave it myself.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Are you trying to imply that making 100,000 a year is somehow barely scraping by status, Ambit?
Actually, if they have 400k in student loan debts.. yea, sorta..

It'd be like making 30-40k/year if you wanted to actually pay off the debt in a reasonable amount of time and not accrue interest (idk how much interest is on those kinds of loans, if any). Plus, there's things like malpractice insurance and shit they'd have to keep if they have their own practice.

I mean, it's not minimum wage, but it's not nearly as good as it sounds considering what they have to do to get to that point. But, the fact that we have student loan amounts like that is the crazy part. To get a job like that, you've got to gamble on you 'making it' and go into crazy debt that will still take a long time to pay off even with that kind of pay. So, then the doctors charge dumb prices like $80 for 2 tylenol (mostly because they normally bill that to the insurance company, who pays it) as a result. The whole system is fucked up. There's no oversight or efficiency at all. Other countries see our whole medical system and are absolutely dumbfounded at how fucking idiotic we are, but we are so used to it we don't realize how ridiculous it all is. Yet, when we get politicians trying to reform it, half the country argues against it.