Most underrated and overrated movies ever

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
endings pretty terribad on alien 4, there's still a couple fun scenes, can you name 1 fun scene in 3? no. that's why most lists that rank the aliens movies have 4 above 3.
i remember i liked the evac scene in alien4

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Best thing about alien 4
tumblr_m1sgn8Yj8j1rrwp9mo1_500.jpg

And Michael Wincott with his fucking epic voice.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
endings pretty terribad on alien 4, there's still a couple fun scenes, can you name 1 fun scene in 3? no. that's why most lists that rank the aliens movies have 4 above 3.
I haven't seen it in years, but at the time, I liked the scene in the tunnels where they relay the alien through the locks. I like seeing creative problem solving in media. Aside from that, not really, the ending was terrible and the beginning so disappointing and bad, idk. Still better than that pile of shit 4.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Underrated: The Island - Definitely Michael Bay's best movie. Good sci-fi story, good action sequences, good performances by the actors, ScarJo at peak hotness, Sean Bean dies at the end. What more can you want?

Overrated: Every Fast and the Furious movie after the first one.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Underrated: The Island - Definitely Michael Bay's best movie. Good sci-fi story, good action sequences, good performances by the actors, ScarJo at peak hotness, Sean Bean dies at the end. What more can you want?

Overrated: Every Fast and the Furious movie after the first one.
Fast Five is one of the best movies ever made. Up there with Citizen Kane and Lawrence of Arabia. Still had some connection to the original Fast and the Furious story in it, didn't get TOO far out there with the crazy stunts, and the way they brought in the Rock and his face turn towards the end, they nailed that. And that fuckin safe heist at the end holy shit. Not having Michelle Rodriguez's ugly ass in the film is a big plus too. Definitely the apex of the series. But after that, yeah, they fall off pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know this is not going to be popular.

Over rated: The Matrix. All of it. Shitty acting. Video effects they said were ground breaking, but had been used in a Gap commercial almost a year before the movie released. Pretty cool story, terrible execution.

• 5Dislike
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 10 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Over rated: The Matrix. All of it. Shitty acting. Video effects they said were ground breaking, but had been used in a Gap commercial almost a year before the movie released. Pretty cool story, terrible execution.

I enjoyed the first Matrix. The story was interesting, and the special effects were pretty cool for the time, and the action sequences were great. I absolutely hated both sequels, though. Have only watched them once, and would never watch them again.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I enjoyed the first Matrix. The story was interesting, and the special effects were pretty cool for the time, and the action sequences were great. I absolutely hated both sequels, though. Have only watched them once, and would never watch them again.
First movie is good. Reloaded had a couple of good sequences but was mostly a mess. 3rd one was awful.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
They were so out of ideas by the 3rd one that when they needed an action scene they did a gun fight that was practically a re-working of the lobby gun fight from the first film.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Yeah I rewatched it the other day and was very underwhelmed. In 4K everyone’s costumes look like cheap plastic garbage. The best part of the movie is the story itself, and once you realize it’s just a metaphor for the directors being trannys, gross.

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

giphy.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Well you heard it first directly from the king bigot himself.

Lurkingdirk hates trannies

xivpje5c8na01.jpg

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Imagine not loving The Matrix in 2001.

What a sad life to live.

• 4Like
  • 2Great Review

Szlia

Saying Aliens was a dumb shoot'em up while Alien was a masterpiece of horror was really not a hot take back in the '90s. That was basically the take of all teenage smug film buff wannabe. It was already totally wrong then, as Aliens is superior to Alien in just about every way.

I think we had this discussion before and don't remember what came out of it, but my feeling is that, while Alien is not as interesting or well written as Aliens, it is a very original and influential movie in its representation of space travel. It's a space trucker movie, with blue collar workers on board a big piece of junk of a ship that hauls some minerals from one side of the galaxy to the other. I suspect it's something that already existed in sci-fi literature, but I can't think of a movie before Alien that had this particular aesthetic. For that, the film should be praised. For Ripley going through the whole ship back and forth to save the cat, it should be lambasted.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Alien and Aliens are two entirely different genre of films. Both are master pieces in their respective genre.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fast Five is one of the best movies ever made. Up there with Citizen Kane and Lawrence of Arabia. Still had some connection to the original Fast and the Furious story in it, didn't get TOO far out there with the crazy stunts, and the way they brought in the Rock and his face turn towards the end, they nailed that. And that fuckin safe heist at the end holy shit. Not having Michelle Rodriguez's ugly ass in the film is a big plus too. Definitely the apex of the series. But after that, yeah, they fall off pretty fast.
I think you forgot to mention something...

1601158039439.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God