Naked and Afraid

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
We have a small tortoise and the strength of their legs is pretty crazy. One day myrtle thought you know behind the fridge is awesome I want to go there. We found later in the day she had managed to push the fridge about 5 inches away from the wall to give her enough room to crawl behind it. Myrtle fits in my hand and weighs about 2 pounds tops and she can move a fully loaded fridge that is resting on carpet. Turtles are damn strong when they chose to exert their energy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i had just assumed the show producers gave orders not to kill any turtles because they may be a protected species in that region. so they disguised it as one chick letting it go because it was so cute and the other escaping the trap. i dunno, just a guess.

iannis

Musty Nester
Probably really hard to cook them anyway and not something that you'd want to eat raw. Even as hungry as you've ever been not something you'd want to eat semi-cooked. I seem to remember they did eat a turtle on Shane's episode, and the girl got food poisoning from it. I think even Shane was like, "Nah... that's dumb."

iannis

Musty Nester
Not quite as dumb as that one guy who started chowing down on random mushrooms, but still sorta dumb.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i had just assumed the show producers gave orders not to kill any turtles because they may be a protected species in that region. so they disguised it as one chick letting it go because it was so cute and the other escaping the trap. i dunno, just a guess.
They've had no issue telling us that something is protected on other episodes, although right this second I can't remember what it was. But I know it has happened. In these cases it was just hippie dippie nature bullshit for the girls, and dumbassery for the guys. It takes a lot more than a few sticks to keep a turtle from getting somewhere it wants to go.

Oldbased

> Than U
If you look at crazy bitch said on reddit then you'd realize this show is purely fake BS if she is telling the truth.
On the episode she was passed out she claims she brought knives and water filter, they gave her a magnifying glass instead and TOLD HER to say it was her fathers then edited every scene afterwards to reflect that.
She also claims the other dude gave back the machette but they edited it for more drama and even after she tapped out made her come back and film some scenes for the drama of it.
The cricket they ate early in actually landed on the cameraman and he threw it on them and said here act like you caught that and gave them advice and if the survivors got in really bad shape they gave them candy bars and space blankets and crackers and water and shit.
She went on about some other bullshit this show pulls, if any of it is true then the show isn't worth shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you look at crazy bitch said on reddit then you'd realize this show is purely fake BS if she is telling the truth.
On the episode she was passed out she claims she brought knives and water filter, they gave her a magnifying glass instead and TOLD HER to say it was her fathers then edited every scene afterwards to reflect that.
She also claims the other dude gave back the machette but they edited it for more drama and even after she tapped out made her come back and film some scenes for the drama of it.
The cricket they ate early in actually landed on the cameraman and he threw it on them and said here act like you caught that and gave them advice and if the survivors got in really bad shape they gave them candy bars and space blankets and crackers and water and shit.
She went on about some other bullshit this show pulls, if any of it is true then the show isn't worth shit.
knives and water filter? you can only bring one thing, they probably gave her the magnifying glass to make it interesting. its not like they were in a spot with rich abundance of vines and wildlife. as long as these people are living on shit in the wild and not going home to a hotel room every night ala bear grylls then this isnt bullshit.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm just a student (theater and music), nationally certified massage therapist, and herbalist with an organic body product company. I happen to do a lot of survival-related things, like big wall climbing, solo mountaineering, long distance swimming, etc. When they contacted me for the show, I was living in a car and traveling. I hunt, study plants, and am a wilderness first responder.
I'm probably the only contestant on the show who doesn't call themselves a survivalist, which personally I think is a contrived and kinda bullshit term.
I actually brought 3 knives and a water filter to Brazil, Matt brought 4 knives. They asked each of us if we'd be willing to bring a fire starter. They liked my story about my dad dying and mentioning bringing a mag. So they had a PA go into the village and buy a mag and a keychain flint. They gave me my pick. We both tried to start a fire a few times, but it was really windy and then would dump rain every other day. We had to dig a hole in the sand and put kindling in it and try to aim the sunlight into the hole. I actually stole two baby birds from a nest and cleaned them one day, but took them too late in the day (4:30 pm, about)...the sun went down at 6. So I tried cooking them and cured them about half way, then tried a fire, but it was too late. They ended up being bait in my fish basket (which was never shown. It was a badass funnel).
I got pissed and started drama because Chris was a camera-hogging queen who hates women, and Luke was a camera-hogging bitch who was telling me all my ideas were bad ones and then using the same ideas on camera the next day like they were his. I got pissed, flipped out, threw their shit in the river. I was also pissed at Discovery for throwing me under the bus on my Brazil edit and then denying me kidney meds in Colombia. I brought a signed doctor's prescription on hospital letterhead for salt for my kidneys, and 3 producers came into my room prior to the challenge and said it wouldn't be fair to the other contestants. Then I found out Luke got 2 bottles of homemade tincture (fine alcohol, herbs, fish oil, and more mystery ingredients) he got to take at will, while Dani B got B vitamins. So I was pissed, to say the least. I completely lost trust in Discovery and Renegade, and actually tried to tap out the day before the blowup because my kidneys were swollen. The field producer convinced me to stay another day.
There is soooooo much that they omitted from both episodes, I don't even know where to begin. There are full nudes onStone Nudes. I was in 3 Stone Nudes calendars, including a cover, and I have 5 photos featured in Dean Fidelman's book, "Art in Motion." I took them with him in Yosemite, El Dorado Canyon in Colorado, and Thailand.
I'd like to be a screenwriter and keep working on my new herbal company. I've done some character extra work recently on Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Look for the ski episode next season! It's hilarious!

The production crew doesn't coach, but they do ask us to rephrase things certain ways, or to use words they want us to use. Like me saying that whole thing about redemption ? that was their story, not mine.
From my perspective, I was thrown under the bus with the Brazil edit and being asked to "redeem myself" was as ludicrous and nonsensical as people telling me I need to apologize for throwing the tools in the river. Like, no one's gonna die. They're going to keep doing their thing and get fed crackers and tincture, and if they start to fail they're gonna get snickers bars and space blankets.
The locust that Matt gave me in Brazil actually fell onto Jesse, the cameraman, and he tossed it at Matt and started filming.
Just to clarify, when I say I was thrown under the bus, that is because my partner had gotten an Adderall prescription for the show and was living off his fat. Because he made it and I didn't, they rewrote the story. They set up a tripod and deleted me out of building the shelter. It took us hours, making cordage and tying shit together. Then they made sure to not show a single thing i did, like sharing some of the coconuts with Matt, sharing buriti, berries, etc. Omitted my fishbasket, the birds I stole from a nest, the 24 hour toxicity test on the cactus we were both eating...they made it look like he was just eating cactus and I wasn't. They also omitted everything he said during our argument, showed me calling him names, cut to a commercial, and repeated the scene.

I appreciate your honesty. Which is exactly why I'm not sorry, because I don't believe in apologizing for things one isn't sorry for, like going to a Catholic confessional. I don't buy into that perennial philosophy. For instance, I apologized to Matt in Brazil because I was sorry. In this case, absolutely not. The show is very contrived, producers denied me my kidney meds, Luke stole my bowdrill, I was pissed. They weren't going to die because it's a contrived TV show. They were being assholes, and like I said before, I went all out FUCK You. It was a simultaneous FUCK YOU to both they guys and the show. No regrets. No apologies. Like I told Luke, you don't force apologies out of people. They should be made out of sincerity.

The crew is supposed to leave us alone, but tbh this time around they were chit chatting it up. There was this one cameraman, super cool, he'd bring in ideas to our group. One time, I was fishing in the river with my bag and realized we needed a big flat basket to scoop because funnels weren't working. When I mentioned it to the guys, they were completely dismissive of the idea (which aucked because I was the one collecting vines for the baskets and they just kept taking them). But then the cameraman said that that's what the locals did, a couple days later, and all of a sudden it was a good idea.
The producers have very specific questions so they can get specific answers. They ask us to repeat answers certain ways using certain words. They do have a bit of a script in mind, but they try to plant ideas and work the words out usingtypical directing techniques.
They didn't make Luke give me back my bowdrill, and they made me "point out" where I'd thrown the tools. They also made Chris give me back the machete and then redid the scene so it looked like Luke made him do it. I was pretty much just like, all out FUCK YOU, and I think the producers were a little pissed (but simultaneously stoked because they like drama).
In Brazil, the argument was egged on by the producer. He was like, " Matt's bothering you, why don't you talk about it. It's obvious. You should confront him." Then after the argument, he was all like, "that is totally being used, it was great."

I was contacted for XL around Thanksgiving. I had just started to get back to my normal weight after a massive weight gain rebound post-starvation in Brazil. So I started eating tons of food and cut back on my exercise. For Brazil, I had gained about 10 pounds but was a little self conscious and was still swimming a lot, so it was mostly muscle. This time, I cut back on exercise to lower my metabolism and gained 25 pounds of fat.
We bring 4 items and the producers pick for us. In this case, they actually provided a couple of our items just to create a surprise and fuck with us. It's a 2 month conversation, back and forth, prior to traveling, about what 4 items to bring.
I have studied archery since I was a kid, and studied long bow archery in Japan as a post grad after highschool. I've been hunting since I was a kid and my parents taught me how to field dress a deer around age 9 or 10. I am an herbologist and I spend a lot of time outdoors. I mountaineer, climb big walls, long distance swim. I've spent quite a few years of my adulthood sort of roaming because of a couple past experiences that resulted in homelessness. One of those times was when the house my two bros lived in burned down, and I helped them relocate. So we were a little tribe of nomads for a while. Our parents ditched out when we were teens and our mom committed credit fraud with two of our names, so none of us 3 have had a parental financial net to ever back into, if that makes sense at all. I've spent my whole life pretty much surviving and pulling myself up from my bootstraps, as well as rescuing my bros repeatedly.
The term survivalist is a crock, in my opinion. I'm just a theater major, massage therapist, and herbalist who does badass shit.
I have no idea why I did it again. They totally threw me under the bus with my first edit. I guess it was kind of a mild sense of extortion, tbh. XL paid a little more.

Here you go shitlords.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean what BS is acceptable? we've seen them bring a person to a cot and the medic razor blades out some puss in a foot, and they get stitches and a leaf wrap to go back (EJ). Some chick sliced her knuckle and they stitched her up right there.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Producers try to get people to fight and say crazy shit and edit to make things look more dramatic than they are on every reality show. If they really give people candy bars that's sort of bullshit, but the rest of that doesn't sound any different than what is done on every reality show. Honora still seems like she would be unbearable to be around. I wonder if they can make her give the money they paid her back since this post has to be a breach of her contract.

The 3 girls heading over to team bromance's camp is pretty funny. Way to fight the stereotypes ladies.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Dani's concern when Shane was moving was... "who is going to help us fight the predators?"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
from reddit also, some guy/girl claiming to be Honora's ex is saying stuff
Honora tried to leave the challenge on Day 5, prior to any arguments occurring, due to intense kidney point pain. The producers asked her to stay another day.
Day 6 was the day that everything was thrown into the river, and also the day that Honora left the challenge.
On the morning of Day 6, Honora had eaten a Malarone pill about 15 minutes prior to the argument occurring. All the other days, she had eaten it at night because of the severe side-effects of the drug on her system.
On Day 6, after leaving the challenge, a doctor told Honora to immediately stop taking Malarone because of its contraindication for people with kidney problems.
The show is a joke. Or more like a science experiment.
if this ex is to be believe, most likely then Honora wanted to quit, and she wanted to quit w/ a bang instead of being carried out like an idiot.

I mean sure, we all know reality tv is a lot of bullshit, about the ONLY non bullshit reality tv i can truly believe is the man Les Stroud.

So could all this cameraman bullshit be true? i'm apt to believe it, we've seen a lot of cameraman BS on survivor, i don't doubt this is the same.

Do they give them crackers and snickers bars? i doubt it, every person that survives 21 days looks completely wrecked, is a snickers bar going to help? doubt it.

Are we getting a half a story from a contestant that failed two times? yea, it would be SO DIFFERENT if we got a no non-sense from a 21 day survivor, or fuck a two timer like EJ or Laura, but i doubt we will, they are probably naked and afraid celebs and won't shit on that money train for a while.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I don't believe most of what she says. Sure, I am not surprised, and probably even expected, that the producers and cameramen provide direction or ask them to do something again for better effect. And I would imagine that they cater to specific medicinal needs of the contestants, even if that need is some fruity shit like tincture and fish oil for the hippie. But I'd be surprised if they actually gave them candy bars and blankets. I think she's referring to the fact that no one is going to die because IF it gets to that point, they will tap out or declare them medically unfit, and then give them food and blankets. Duh, of course, that only makes sense. Also, I have to imagine being a cameraman for people that sit around all day and stare at the fire is almost as boring as actually staring at the fire, so I'd probably end up chatting with them too.

Also, I'm not sure what the nudes thing was all about (although I'm thankful!). Why would she mention that, unless she was responding to someone that asked if there were any perhaps.

Anyway, as is the case with almost all drama queens of this nature, there is some truth to what she says I'm sure, but she blows the majority of it way out of proportion, and suddenly it is a huge conspiracy in her mind to make her look like the bad guy. Those people are never wrong in their minds, they can always rationalize how it is someone else's fault. So I take everything she says with a huge grain of salt (which she could have used for her kidneys, amirite?!).

Also, she's still a cunt, no matter how much of it isn't her fault.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
One of my co-workers got dengue. Though, she does live in the Philippines.

It's just something you can get there
tongue.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, I don't believe most of what she says. Sure, I am not surprised, and probably even expected, that the producers and cameramen provide direction or ask them to do something again for better effect. And I would imagine that they cater to specific medicinal needs of the contestants, even if that need is some fruity shit like tincture and fish oil for the hippie. But I'd be surprised if they actually gave them candy bars and blankets. I think she's referring to the fact that no one is going to die because IF it gets to that point, they will tap out or declare them medically unfit, and then give them food and blankets. Duh, of course, that only makes sense. Also, I have to imagine being a cameraman for people that sit around all day and stare at the fire is almost as boring as actually staring at the fire, so I'd probably end up chatting with them too.

Also, I'm not sure what the nudes thing was all about (although I'm thankful!). Why would she mention that, unless she was responding to someone that asked if there were any perhaps.

Anyway, as is the case with almost all drama queens of this nature, there is some truth to what she says I'm sure, but she blows the majority of it way out of proportion, and suddenly it is a huge conspiracy in her mind to make her look like the bad guy. Those people are never wrong in their minds, they can always rationalize how it is someone else's fault. So I take everything she says with a huge grain of salt (which she could have used for her kidneys, amirite?!).

Also, she's still a cunt, no matter how much of it isn't her fault.
yeah this chick isnt exactly somebody i would believe a story from, though i wouldnt be surprised if they did get some help. its just nothing like she thinks it was.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of what she's saying is true because 'reality tv' but she's probably also embellishing a ton. There are two sides to every story and I find it hard to believe she would do the show again if she got treated so horribly the first go around by the producers, unless she's desperate for attention which it sounds (and looks) like she is. What she's describing (editing, steering conversations, etc) are all hallmarks of what goes on in any reality show, whether it's Big Brother, Real World or any other show.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yea but notice, this is from second hand accounts, SHE never got handed a candy bar, she practically got airlifted. YES, they didnt use a lot of the footage of her building a shelter with the fat vegan, and ddrummed up a better drama story. You could create any story you want with, what? 3000 hours of footage, per trip? Condensed down to 45 mins. Less if you subract the mandatory, meet and greet and explaination of PSR bullshit, you really only have to fill up 30 mins of story.

Anyway i forgot about watching eps 4 once crazy gtfo, so she was good for that.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Shane is a bitch. At least now that there are some dudes around he won't have to constantly obsess about how he is living with women that don't do what he tells them and are better at survival than he is.

What fucking luck do the guys have when they finally get their first real meal and 5 moochers show up just as it's almost finished cooking. I have a feeling that moment was engineered by some producers. I am disliking this format with lots of people because it makes it too easy for people to survive by mooching.