NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't think he would have struggled to score 10ppg, I just think he would have been another Scottie Pippin.

If anyone thinks that's an insult you can go fuck yourself and lrn2basketball.
That's pretty damn spot on. LEBron and Scottie are very similar in not only their game, but mental make up. Lebron would be so much better with a player like Kobe that would be willing to step up in all the big moments and lead the team. LeBron is just too nice of a guy to be that assassin that all the greatest players are and were.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
(even though he ranks in the top 3 for flopping)
Not even. Wade, CP3, Ginobli. LeBron probably isn't even Top 10. Besides, LeBron has stated 100x that he is almost forced to flop on drives because if he doesn't he won't get the call because of his size. The refs just assume that someone of his stature can handle the contact. Kind of like when Shaq played. It always happens to the physical freakish athletes in the NBA so they have to sell contact more than they should have to.

That's the whole point. He is too mentally weak to learn how to deal with it. He plays like a total bitch already in the pussified 2010s NBA. Like tarrant said, I cant imagine him going up against Bad Boys, Reggie Miller or Barkley. He'd be crying by 2nd quarter.
As mentally weak as Jordan was when the Pistons were beating the fuck out of him and he couldn't do anything about it for two seasons? He got tossed from the playoffs twice by hard & physical play.

Besides, Jackon admitted the scandalous book changed Jordan and made the dynasty possible:

http://www.businessinsider.com/phil-...n-rules-2012-8

Before that book came out Jordan was a complete asshole who wanted to shoot 50x a game and physically beat his teammates during practice. The bad press from that book that Jordan suffered forced him to change (along with the triangle offense) and to be more of a team player.

It just makes me laugh that Jordan had to completely change in order to win but none of you think LeBron is capable of it, despite him already doing so lol.

It's just bullshit to say LeBron couldn't dominate in a physical era when he is 6'8 280 and as fast as he is. Sure hand checking was allowed blah blah but the shit HE would be allowed to do on the offensive end would only help his game. He could literally throw himself into the paint over and over without worrying about charges and other bullshit. He could have a lead arm and push off on his way to the rim, etc etc.

You can barely stop LeBron when he puts his head down and drives now there would've been no way to do so back then.

That's pretty damn spot on. LeBron and Scottie are very similar in not only their game, but mental make up. Lebron would be so much better with a player like Kobe that would be willing to step up in all the big moments and lead the team. LeBron is just too nice of a guy to be that assassin that all the greatest players are and were.
I guess you missed all of last year's playoffs and this year's playoffs up to now. LeBron has been doing all the closing and carrying of this Heat team all playoffs. The Big 3 has been missing almost every series and he has been doing it alone. Game 1 of the ECF? All LeBron. Boston series last year? LeBron.

All that choke mental blah blah shit was cool before he took over the playoffs and won a title but it's all bullshit trolling now.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I guess this is what you get when you go to the sports forum on an MMO site. Saying one of the most physically freakish player of all time wouldn't have been very good in an era where you were allowed to be more physical is borderline retarded. It was the NBA, not fucking thunderdome. Did you people even watch basketball back then or do you just hear the old players talking about how everyone was tougher 20 years ago and believe them because you're a fucking idiot?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
I guess this is what you get when you go to the sports forum on an MMO site. Saying one of the most physically freakish player of all time wouldn't have been very good in an era where you were allowed to be more physical is borderline retarded. It was the NBA, not fucking thunderdome. Did you people even watch basketball back then or do you just hear the old players talking about how everyone was tougher 20 years ago and believe them because you're a fucking idiot?
Jesus how young are you?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gaige stop responding, Araysar is just in full troll mode.

Will somebody rickshaw him? He called Reggie Miller, the biggest flopper and whiner in NBA history, a badass for fucks sake.

To the non-trolls, hand checking being taken out is overplayed. Zone defense was illegal until 2002, which is a much bigger deal. Also, if hand checking was still legal and as amazing as it is made out to be, LeBron would be the greatest defender in NBA history.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Gaige stop responding, Araysar is just in full troll mode.

Will somebody rickshaw him? He called Reggie Miller, the biggest flopper and whiner in NBA history, a badass for fucks sake.

To the non-trolls, hand checking being taken out is overplayed. Zone defense was illduring until 2002, which is a much bigger deal. Also, if hand checking was still legal and as amazing as it is made out to be, LeBron would be the greatest defender in NBA history.
I feel this is more trolling then anything Araysar has posted. Should I shaw the both of you? no? okay then.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel this is more trolling then anything Araysar has posted. Should I shaw the both of you? no? okay then.
I accept as long as the two rickshaws run the same length, concurrently, and includes all other accounts Araysar has access to, will have access to, and creates over that time period.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I think hand checking is also overrated. You think hand checking bothered Jordan? Guy had a hand in his back 80% of the time anyways because he was backing someone down to do a turn around jumpshot. Zone defense has done a TON to change the game. You couldn't just double team Jordan if he didn't have the ball. That's a big deal. You couldn't really play keep away with him. This is also why the Triangle really worked for Jordan.

The flopping shit though, that's just embarrassing to watch. Lebron would have been good in the 80s/90s no doubt, but Jordan would have taken his lunch schoolyard bully style.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I accept as long as the two rickshaws run the same length, concurrently, and includes all other accounts Araysar has access to, will have access to, and creates over that time period.
Well played sir. Well played.
wink.png

I still stand by everything I've said about LeBron and agree with the theme of Araysar's posts, just not the extreme level of them.

I totally disagree with how little you think hand checking played in terms of a role for the game in general. I've been watching Basketball for 25 years and the game is no where near the game it was back then and no where near as physical. Hand checking was a large part of that. That and refs actually let them play and were only that basically to enforce traveling, out of bounds calls and stop fights. Ah those were the days.

Like I said, I'm not sure how LeBron mentally reacts to the game in that era, I don't think looking at him now he has the maturity level to handle being pushed around that much. Is he tough? yes, would he be able to use it back then when EVERY player on the court was jabbing him in the ribs and beating the hell out fo him? Maybe but from watching him since he joined the league I would lean towards he would eventually crack. I don't believe he has the even head nor the maturity to handle it. Right now if you creaste a stiff breeze around him he gets angry about it, nevermidn making any sort of real contact. It's hard to say how he would have taken to the game back then but I truly beleive he would have been another Scottie Pippin and that in no way is a bad thing. It's downright criminal how little credit is given to Pippin by most people.

It's of course all speculation and it's one of those agree to disagree type things, which I'm okay with. I'm not going to fault anyone for thinking otherwise.

However those no getting around him being a top flopping superstar. There's no room to disagree with that, it's just a fact.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You say it's less physical but in some ways it's more, before they allowed the zone you couldn't just pack 4 guys at each corner of the lane. Driving to the hoop these days against teams packing the paint like this is as hazardous as ever. It's far less physical in the sense that what is considered a flagrant foul these days was just business as usual in the 80s.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I wonder how much more scrutiny Jordan, Magic, Bird, and the like would have faced if they had played during the twitter/youtube era.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Except if you drove through the paint back then and there WAS 3 defenders already you were coming out with bruises. Now not so much.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I dunno, there was plenty of that kinda shit going on in the Memphis/Clippers series this year. Thuggin everywhere.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I wonder how much more scrutiny Jordan, Magic, Bird, and the like would have faced if they had played during the twitter/youtube era.
Hard to say, Bird was a pretty quiet guy and wasn't prone to saying stupid things so he wouldn't have been picked apart by social media. Bird is still this way, he even danced around the answer on which "Dream Team" was better.

While Jordan and Magic were't quiet, they were all pretty measured in interviews and what not. That's part of Lebrons problem, he says stupid things and social media wont let anyone forget them.

In terms of picking them apart for production, I dunno. Production now a days seems to center around points and back then it seemed to be much more then that. I feel like we had much more well rounded players back then than we have now.