NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Kevin Love out 6 weeks after knee surgery. Really sucks because he's been having a phenomenal year. He was looking much more comfortable in Cleveland this year. He should be back before the playoffs but still sucks.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
16864559_1764863806864472_9031655242402756075_n.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Woah...That's fuckin huge. You can make a case he is top 5 talent. Definitely top 10. Now if the clown can keep his cool , and realizes who he now has playing besides him...N.O is in great shape for the foreseeable future.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Seems like an interesting play in the modern NBA to have two dominant big men. I mean, both can hit the three if needed (Boogie especially), so that range is good, but the Pelicans still need some more shooters. It's hard to turn down that deal, though. Feels like the Pelicans ripped them off a bit.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, they got a good deal on that trade. Although I don't blame the Kings for wanting to completely start a rebuild.

Thing is, the Kings are in a poor position to start a rebuild. I think the Sixers may actually be the biggest winners of the trade. They have the right to swap picks with the Kings this year, a Kings pick that suddenly has a much better shot to hit a ball for a top 3 pick. They also have the Kings 2019 first rounder when the Kings will be undoubtedly competing for worst record in the league even though they'll get no benefit from it. They'll be like the Nets this year, unable to win games with no potential positive coming from it in the end.

AD-Cousins is the best big duo since Robinson-Duncan, but can the Pelicans win that way in today's league with absolutely no guard depth? Hard to see. Alvin Gentry maybe not the right coach for the situation either since he's more of an uptempo offense kind of guy and they will need to slow it down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Kings are fucking retarded. Talk about basketball reasons. Someone needs to save that franchise from itself.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thing is, the Kings are in a poor position to start a rebuild. I think the Sixers may actually be the biggest winners of the trade. They have the right to swap picks with the Kings this year, a Kings pick that suddenly has a much better shot to hit a ball for a top 3 pick. They also have the Kings 2019 first rounder when the Kings will be undoubtedly competing for worst record in the league even though they'll get no benefit from it. They'll be like the Nets this year, unable to win games with no potential positive coming from it in the end.

That deal was a heist at the time, and just got a lot better. If I remember it correctly they gave up two second rounders who were never playing in the league in exchange for Stauskas, Carl Landry's contract, and the 2017/2019 picks. And the Kings did it to clear cap room for Rondo, lol.

Fucking Hinkie, he's going to have a statue next to Rocky by the time this all shakes out.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Woah...That's fuckin huge. You can make a case he is top 5 talent. Definitely top 10. Now if the clown can keep his cool , and realizes who he now has playing besides him...N.O is in great shape for the foreseeable future.

Don't see how anyone could make a case for him being top 5. That would put him above either Curry, LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, or Davis