NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I'd put Cousins ahead of Davis and Westbrook, probably have Harden ahead of Westbrook and Davis as well. I agree with @Brahma on Cousins being top 5.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think Magic is going to fail terribly. I mean, he's no Vlade Divac, but I just don't see it happening.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Not NBA, but found it interesting: Wiggins: Bullied during career in 'toxic' WNBA

"Me being heterosexual and straight, and being vocal in my identity as a straight woman was huge," Wiggins told the Union-Tribune. "I would say 98 percent of the women in the WNBA are gay women. It was a conformist type of place. There was a whole different set of rules they (the other players) could apply."

I mean, obviously the WNBA has tons of gay players, but I never imagined it would be so completely reversed. If she's being honest and somewhat accurate, it's sad how hypocritical those players are, since I know plenty of them have been outspoken against homophobia.

• 1Solidarity

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Not NBA, but found it interesting: Wiggins: Bullied during career in 'toxic' WNBA

I mean, obviously the WNBA has tons of gay players, but I never imagined it would be so completely reversed. If she's being honest and somewhat accurate, it's sad how hypocritical those players are, since I know plenty of them have been outspoken against homophobia.

No! Not Sue Bird!
It's not surprising. Most people are hypocrites.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Pretty mild trade season this year. I really like the Mavs picking up Noel, though.

• 1Solidarity

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Thunder got better. But... they're still not beating Spurs or Warriors anytime soon.

Westbrook's triple double season probably ended today as well.

DickTrickle

Thunder got better. But... they're still not beating Spurs or Warriors anytime soon.

Westbrook's triple double season probably ended today as well.

I'm not sure Gibson will have that big an impact on his rebounds. And even if he does, Westbrook only has to average 8.8 rebounds the rest of the season to finish with double digits. McDermott, on the other hand, could be a plus for his assists since the team is so bereft of shooters.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Agreed on assists. I even think Gibson will help on that account. Sabonis started the season strong, but quickly fell off a cliff and couldn't get up. I think the playing time will help his career, but he isn't quite ready yet.
Hope you're correct about the rebounds, the triple double average is all I've got going for me this season.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Been so fucking pissed at the Mavs' FO, but by the grace of the basketball God's (and a ton of luck from other teams), they have managed to develop some existence of a decent young core. 22 year old potential franchise Center, Barnes as a good 24 yr old wing, to go along with some solid guard play in Seth Curry (26) & Yogi Ferrell (23 rookie). None of this matters much without finding a superstar somewhere in the next few years, but its a start. Surely this team finishes with a Top 7-10 type pick still. Would love to get one of: Smith Jr., Monk, Tatum, Ntilikina, Markkanen, Fox etc

Cousins Top 5 is definitely a stretch: LeBron, Durant, Curry, Leonard, Davis, Harden, Paul & Westbrook are still better players.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Ben SImmons is out the entire season. His foot has not fully healed. Sixers have not been lucky in the injury department. Hopefully he comes back okay.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That Warriors 50 point third quarter last night was pretty impressive. When Curry is feeling it like that he's unstoppable.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Lol. Sixers either gonna be the next KD/Westbrook/Harden Thunder or the next Roy/Oden/Aldridge Blazers.

DickTrickle

Agreed on assists. I even think Gibson will help on that account. Sabonis started the season strong, but quickly fell off a cliff and couldn't get up. I think the playing time will help his career, but he isn't quite ready yet.
Hope you're correct about the rebounds, the triple double average is all I've got going for me this season.

Well, he's gotten off on the right foot in the first game with those guys... 17-18-17, haha. I wonder if anyone has ever had higher numbers for all three categories in a triple double before.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Well, he's gotten off on the right foot in the first game with those guys... 17-18-17, haha. I wonder if anyone has ever had higher numbers for all three categories in a triple double before.
Wilt had a 22/25/21 game in 1968

• 1Like