NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Agreed with this, it's also why Dallas' championship in 2011 is the greatest NBA championship in 20 years. A team of also rans, retirees, and a "weak" superstar beat a super team, and a team with the NBA's 2nd or 3rd greatest player ever in his prime.

Dallas GOAT championship confirmed.

Dwyane Wade really was amazing

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's funny how Gaige is all about counting stats instead of per game or per minute stats. Wonder why? Lebron has never been and will never be a better scorer than Jordan. There's a lot more to both their games than that but I think that element is pretty clear.

Also, LOL at a "only stats matter" when you take zero consideration for any adjustments for era, which do exist statistically.

Sterling

El Presidente
Also, I wouldn't say Pippen was the 2nd best player of the 90s. That was an amazing era of big guys. Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gaige...even Pippen knows his game was what is was because of Jordan. Do you remember how ridiculous Jodan was man? The Jordan rules? Pippen was good. Not great. You could take almost any 2nd tier good rounded player and set him next to Jordan, and get what you got out of Pippen.

Lebron is a Ray Allen 3 away from having just 2 championships. WITH the best team assembled in the last 20 years. Imagine if Jordan had 2 top 10 players on his team. Dude would be putting rings on his toes.

And no one in their right mind would take Manning over Montana man. Now you are just saying shit to prove your argument.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
I remember when Jordan kept getting jetted out of the playoffs until Pippen came along.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gaige...even Pippen knows his game was what is was because of Jordan. Do you remember how ridiculous Jodan was man? The Jordan rules? Pippen was good. Not great. You could take almost any 2nd tier good rounded player and set him next to Jordan, and get what you got out of Pippen.

I think that's severely downplaying how good Pippen was, especially defensively. There's a reason Chuck Daly called him the 2nd best player on the Dream Team when he coached them.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think that's severely downplaying how good Pippen was, especially defensively. There's a reason Chuck Daly called him the 2nd best player on the Dream Team when he coached them.

Ok, maybe I'm pulling a Gaige. But he was not the 2nd best player in the league at any time that I can think of. He definitely was top five though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So two top 5 players + Rodman and you're saying you can't compare the Heat Super team to the Bulls?

Uh... ok.

• 1Cutler

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So two top 5 players + Rodman and you're saying you can't compare the Heat Super team to the Bulls?

Uh... ok.

Ok, compare them. The Bulls didn't lose. Miami did. Hell Lebron is a Ray Allen miracle 3 pointer away from that him being 2-4 in the finals.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
If Pippen wasn't that good it just makes Jordan look worse when Pippen takes the same team minus Jordan to a game 7 against the eventual East Champs. Horrible call in game 5 of that series too or the Bulls would've won that game.

Pippen absolutely was that good.

Look what you guys are saying about MJ - greatest ever, unguardable, way way way above anyone else in the league back then.

If that's true, and it is, and he retires wouldn't you assume if Pippen wasn't a top tier guy that the Bulls struggle? They won 55 games.

Pippen said himself that year enabled him to step out of MJs shadow. When MJ came back they were equals - which was said by both of them.

All I'm saying is these implications about LeBron's teams being so much better, why do they basically become lottery teams when he leaves?

The Heat went from 4 straight Finals to a second round loss and they still had Wade and Bosh. The guys who apparently carried LeBron those four years.

The arguments presented don't hold weight.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Ok, compare them. The Bulls didn't lose. Miami did. Hell Lebron is a Ray Allen miracle 3 pointer away from that him being 2-4 in the finals.

Probably because he has been playing better teams outside of 2011 and 2012.

Jordan never played a finals without Pippen and Rodman. LeBron played one without KI and Love and still went 6 games against GSW.

Jordan never went up against a 5 time champion team like the Spurs with probably the best coach in the league since Phil.

While the Allen 3 saved game 6 of that series, they still had to play a game 7 which LeBron dominated.

Thatd be like saying KI saved the title last year hitting that 3 to put them up 4 and discounting the fact LeBron led both teams in everything lol.

Jordan is absolutely amazing. His finals record is untouchable imo. Doesn't mean he was the best to ever play. Best of his era sure. Just like Bill Russell was the best of his and LeBron is the best of this one.

It's too hard to compare eras but if you did LeBron and Jordan are like 1a and 1b.

• 1Salty

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Who is saying that Jordan didn't have a damn freight train? I think we all agree there. What we are (at least I am) saying that they came to HIM to win. He worked his way thru instead of running to his buds to start his legacy.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ya. Jordan, Magic, and Bird, would never ever go on national tv, humiliate their city and fans, and declare he is going to a team with better players because he does not have the heart or will to carry a team to a championship. That was disgusting, and tainted everyone's attitude towards him.

• 2Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Who is saying that Jordan didn't have a damn freight train? I think we all agree there. What we are (at least I am) saying that they came to HIM to win. He worked his way thru instead of running to his buds to start his legacy.

People come to LeBron now. Are you holding it against LeBron that in the 8 years he was in Cleveland they never drafted his Pippen? How can he control that?